Stern Pinball Arcade Release Dates

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Two folks on the boards have mentioned previously paid-for TPA tables unlocking. Not me-no big deal.

When you log in to your Farsight account in SPA any tables that you have in seasons that are shown as DLC in TPA will be unlocked in SPA.

I have some seasons as entitlements, or bought through the IAP before seasons were available as DLC and the tables from those ones do not unlock when logged in to SPA, but the tables from the DLC purchased seasons will unlock.

Take your issue of unlocking tables to support too, as they will need to know just how many customers they have screwed by never fixing this issue in the first place.

Merlin777

Dec 30, 2016
Is there a difference on PS4 between "Pinball Arcade" (has Taxi; Fun House; about 5 SEASONS released now) and "Stearns Pinball Arcade"?
THE ABOVE IS MY PRIMARY QUESTION. BELOW IS JUST FOR REFERENCE.

I've been hooked on the old, original, NON-HD "Pinball Arcade" for 10 years or so... started on regular Wii; then moved to Wii-U last year, just to find out Wii-U is being phased out.
So.... just bought PS4-500 (Not PRO). Have already d/l the first 2 Seasons of released boards (includes Fun House; Space Shuttle; Taxi; Whirlwind; etc.... my favorites). The HD graphics are GREAT.
Now... surfing the web to see what else is out there in the PS4 pinball world... I'm am seeing posts about "STEARNS Pinball Arcade"; seems to be different company.
Oh... on the Wii-U, also bought ALL the ZEN pinball tables available.... but, don't really like the "newer type" with 3d peoples all over the place, etc.

Thanks, for comments and advice.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there a difference on PS4 between "Pinball Arcade" (has Taxi; Fun House; about 5 SEASONS released now) and "Stearns Pinball Arcade"?
THE ABOVE IS MY PRIMARY QUESTION. BELOW IS JUST FOR REFERENCE.

I've been hooked on the old, original, NON-HD "Pinball Arcade" for 10 years or so... started on regular Wii; then moved to Wii-U last year, just to find out Wii-U is being phased out.
So.... just bought PS4-500 (Not PRO). Have already d/l the first 2 Seasons of released boards (includes Fun House; Space Shuttle; Taxi; Whirlwind; etc.... my favorites). The HD graphics are GREAT.
Now... surfing the web to see what else is out there in the PS4 pinball world... I'm am seeing posts about "STEARNS Pinball Arcade"; seems to be different company.
Oh... on the Wii-U, also bought ALL the ZEN pinball tables available.... but, don't really like the "newer type" with 3d peoples all over the place, etc.

Thanks, for comments and advice.

They are separate games with separate DLC, even though some of the pinball tables available in Stern Pinball Arcade (SPA) are also available in The Pinball Arcade (TPA). The only platform that currently supports cross-buying of DLC between SPA and TPA is Steam.

Going forward - both SPA and TPA will exist, with SPA getting all the new Stern tables (and presumably, though not confirmed, any future "classic" Data East/Sega/Stern tables as well) and TPA continuing to get tables from all the other manufacturers.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
back from Tweed Heads,had a great time.hope you all had a Merry Xmas !!!!:cool: loving SPA on pc.Star Trek,Mustang and ACCA DACCA having a ball with.the Dr Who reskin loving it.16 hours and the new year rolls in, I wish you all A GREAT 2017 !!! Farsight all the best, keep the tables coming !!! :cool: the only gripe I have with Farsight is your communication !!!HEHEHE:cool::cool:

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Wow, did any of you guys recognize that Farsight mentions a Rift version Release for Q1 in 2018 in their current news letter with a 12 days of Christmas promotion from last year. You guys this could be there in fall next year? Would be awesome, but I dont really believe this. Would be fantastic of there was a TPA VR Version available in steam, btw. Combined with new ball physics and I'd buy each pack again.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They aren’t on a schedule. They show up when they show up. Here’s how I look at it....TPA is the real app and SPA are just bonus pins that show up unexpectedly, like a weird uncle that does a pop-in visit every now and then.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
They aren’t on a schedule. They show up when they show up. Here’s how I look at it....TPA is the real app and SPA are just bonus pins that show up unexpectedly, like a weird uncle that does a pop-in visit every now and then.

But they really should be on a schedule, which is alarming. If nothing else, GB should have released in the Spring of 2017 as originally promised.

Regardless, SPA only got ONE new table in 2017 and it still doesn't work right months later.

If I were Stern I'd take my business elsewhere, this partnership has not served them well at all.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Except that there are rumblings that the delays in Ghostbusters came from Stern, that they kept pushing off release so they could include more recent code/firmware updates that were being developed for the physical table. The implementation issues and massive delays in fixing bugs on various platforms are, of course, FarSight's fault.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Except that there are rumblings that the delays in Ghostbusters came from Stern, that they kept pushing off release so they could include more recent code/firmware updates that were being developed for the physical table. The implementation issues and massive delays in fixing bugs on various platforms are, of course, FarSight's fault.

According to Stern there is another code update still to come for Ghostbusters. Wonder if that will make it to TPA ans SPA?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.