Still no exact release date for consoles?

Oct 15, 2013
Still no exact release date for consoles after the latest Pinball Show. When in February? Isn't it a bit odd to not have an exact date as we are so close to release? Poor communication with Sony and Microsoft? Haven't gotten the same release date lined up yet this close to the launch month? Delay incoming? Noooooooooooo! Haha.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
MARVEL. Spider-Man is shown on the Xbox trailer. We're getting at least the Marvel Original set of 4.

GARFIELD. Also shown in the above.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
@Pinballwiz45b Do you have a link to said trailer? I just looked up the trailer and the only one I could find is the one from about a month ago and I didn’t see Spider-Man or Garfield. Or is it a blink and you miss it kind of thing?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

Age gated, sadly. Marvel is mentioned here, regardless.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
They also confirmed Deadpool was coming "soon" on Twitter. I imagine 2023 will be for Marvel rereleases on FX as 2022 was for the Star Wars tables.

Oct 15, 2013
Wonder how robust the "free samples" will be? Don't know if the Williams I already have on FX3 will be worth the "upgrade" but perhaps some of the newer Zen originals might be worth it. I also only have the early Williams packs on FX3. The ones without the improved physics. I may nibble at the new offering but they will need to impress. Would also help if they changed the background we are playing in. Kind of strange keeping it the same.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Notice no mention of Switch on there. I have doubts of how they can actually make Pinball FX work on that console, but I thought they had mentioned Nintendo for this before.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
They've stated that Switch release is scheduled for later this year, no date yet.

Looks like there will be 11 Marvel tables in the first wave.

Oct 15, 2013
The game has a listing on the Xbox storefront now. Says it will be 4K, HDR, with Raytracing at 60 FPS for Xbox Series X/S. Will Series S have raytracing and run at 60 fps? Hmmmmmm.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
February 16th date is still planned, but Xbox and Playstation are not getting the 33% discount the first week, at least until further notice.

A consequence of ditching the in-game shop.

Oct 15, 2013
Also no cross-play with Pinball Pass...at least for now. I'll just wait for a sale like I usually do with Zen. More time for my Microsoft Points to grow...hehe.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
So is this the official launch on Epix and the exclusive clock starts ticking, or will this be coming to Steam shortly?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So is this the official launch on Epix and the exclusive clock starts ticking, or will this be coming to Steam shortly?
The exclusive clock started tickling when Pinball FX early access was made available on Epix. The implication on the latest Blahcade Podcast is that it will be coming to Steam shortly. I’m guessing Zen doesn’t want to announce this until the Epix exclusive period is officially over.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
When I looked the new Pinball FX up on the PSN store, it said it is coming on the 15th at 7pm. Cool that it is coming early, but I have a feeling the DLC won’t be up until the 16th

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I hope they just let you buy all of whatever will be initially available for PS5 in one big mega pack, as opposed to the initial app, then a bunch of DLC. Save the DLC for future releases.

Oct 15, 2013
It's early on the 16th but still a no show on the Xbox store. Actually says pre-order on the 16th and that it's currently unavailable. Is it releasing on Friday instead? I think the pinball show on Youtube said the after party is on Saturday.

Oct 15, 2013
It's up! Downloading now. It's 5.87 GB on Xbox Series S. Didn't see anything for sale on the store page just the download button for the game.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
OK, so it's up on PSN. I'm sorry, but I haven't really been following the monetization stuff.....what's up with the "coins" thing when there is direct table DLC purchases? Is that something different than just buying the DLC outright?

Zacattack99

Apr 28, 2017
OK, so it's up on PSN. I'm sorry, but I haven't really been following the monetization stuff.....what's up with the "coins" thing when there is direct table DLC purchases? Is that something different than just buying the DLC outright?
Essentally, Zen were going to sell tables in-game. They were to sell tables individually for 40 to 100 Coins a pop, allowing people to pick what they wanted, in addition to wanting to cross-platform purchases (say buy something on PlayStation, play it on Switch and PC. They also had a discount system where depending on Tables you have in your cart, wether how many or which ones, you’d get a discount on the spot. On top of that; they also have Pinball Pass, which grants access to everything except for Indiana Jones.

People hated it. While people like me understood it and respected it, But ZEN caved to the criticism.

Zen changed it back to buying tables/bundles on platform stores for real money, but as a compromise, they kept the Pinball Coins, in order to pay for Pinball Pass, as a value, AND cross-platform option.

Considering the upfront cost of $279.77 for every table available, doubled or tripled up to $839.31 if you wanted to play on PC and/or Switch for example, Pinball Pass is the best option.

BTW, if they didn’t change that in-game model, we’d be talking JUST $214.97. ($199.98 if Indiana Jones was also availabile in-game for Pinball Coins)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.