Still no exact release date for consoles?

Oct 15, 2013
The coins are purchasable in game currency that can be used to buy the Pinball Pass, comes out to 15 dollars for a month and 100 dollars for a year, and also cosmetic items that fill the game room and stuff for your profile picture.

I've only played the free table, Wild West, and while the table intro is sharper I don't think I'm seeing or feeling much of a difference from FX3. The UI text needs to be bigger. It's fine for PC monitors but for TV play it needs to be bigger across the board. The pricing is too high, $23.99 for each Williams Pack, I'll wait for a sale. Also I can play most of these tables in either TPA or FX3 already so I'm not compelled to buy anything right now. I don't know if there's ray tracing but It seems to be 60 fps. I play on a 1080p TV so no HDR. I guess it looks sharper but when I'm playing it on my Xbox Series S is it really improved over FX3 on PS4? The load times are better but...?

Oct 15, 2013
After playing more I think the physics have improved for the Zen original tables. Also the UI text size is solved by using the Magnification tool on Xbox. The game did crash on me once while playing Wild West Rampage though so that's not good. I'm not getting the flipper delay that many are complaining about on Reddit. I am using a wired controller with back buttons for the flippers though so maybe that has something to do with it. Overall just playing the one table I think it's improved over FX3. I seem to be able to control the ball and make more shots in this version. On FX3 the ball was too fast and light. Now in the Xbox reviews people are complaining that the ball is too heavy and the flippers are too weak. My only issues are the crashing and the prices. Oh and the things to do and progress, seems to just revolve around unlocking items to put on your virtual shelves.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
OK, so I got this for PS5 and I'm wondering.......what is ray traced? I switch back and forth between performance and RT modes and I'm struggling to see any significant difference. When you turn on RT mode, it says that it does so with reduction to shadows and resolution, so it's not RT shadows. I'll watch a table's attract mode, turn RT mode on and off and I just can't tell what changed. I mean, is it lights, is it reflections, what? Any other game I have with RT modes tends to make a dramatic difference in visuals, but not this one.

Also, at default ingame settings, everything seem awful dark. I have a Sony X85J so it's only something like 600 nits max, and that's what the game defaults to, but I have to turn up the game's HDR brightness to over 1000 before it starts to even approach what I'd consider a proper brightness level. And you don't have separate settings for ambient light and table lights.

At least it just lets you buy the DLC to own the tables and not mess around with that convoluted coins malarkey. Still, considering they don't let you migrate what you already owned in the previous version, it's around $300 (US) to get everything currently available. So far, from what I've seen and played, it's not really worth it if you already have the previous PS4 version.

This app's only hope is that they release some Bally/Williams tables that weren't already in TPA relatively quickly, because at this point, I'm not impressed.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You guys noticing any flipper lag? I saw they made an announcement acknowledging the issue, but also that they've already issued a fix?

Oct 15, 2013
No flipper lag for me. Thinking about getting the first Williams pack since I have enough Microsoft Rewards points to cover it. I guess it has 12 tables in it. But I saw something on Reddit about how on Xbox you only get 9? I guess it's worth it for me because the resolution seems crisper over FX3 on the PS4 and I'll get to experience the improved physics on the Williams tables. On FX3 I only got the first few packs on sale before they improved the physics. Also the tables are uncensored now. Plus it doesn't cost me anything using reward points. I thought about getting the Pinball Pass but it's too much just to rent them for only a month. I don't care about a lot of the tables anyway. Mostly just the Williams/Bally stuff and the new original Zen releases. Maybe Garfield too.

Oct 15, 2013
Hmmm, just saw on the Reddit that if you complete the tutorial you get Pinball Pass free for 24 hours. That tutorial is weird. I just backed out of it when nothing was progressing. Have to try it again.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Tried on PS5, plays good for me, feels very solid on launch - I’m mainly only interested in the Williams tables but at present the majority aren’t even downloadable to trial? Had a quick spin on Addams Family, plays great - going to keep an eye out for table sales as otherwise this will get very expensive very quickly!

Oct 15, 2013
Can confirm if you complete the tutorial and get to level 8 in the tutorial event you will get a day of Pinball Pass for free. The Williams/Bally tables are good and the explosions on Medieval Madness are impressive, really pop. Some of the Zen originals seem to use the old physics though, the ones in the Pinball Noir pack for example. Somehow I got the table reward on Pinball Noir on my very first ball. Played it after playing some Williams/Bally tables on Pro and it felt like I was on the moon. Really floaty ball. Yet some other originals like Grimm Tales seem to use the Williams physics. Personally I don't think anything other than the real recreations are worth it. The callous on Zen's originals bug me because they repeat so often and aren't as well done as the original machines. Really for me just Williams Pack one seems worth it. I'll wait for a sale though. The game is getting review bombed on Xbox and Zen is in damage control with the responses to reviews. They have mentioned sales on legacy content in the responses so there will be sales. I feel like the game is an upgrade in some ways but I already have most of the real tables twice over already, TPA and FX3. I think the physics might be better than Farsight's now and the visuals are better, plus no censorship. So for the real tables it's as good as it gets but not at these prices, IMO.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Is cabinet mode a thing on the PC? There is a setting, but it doesn't change the orientation like Pinball FX3 or Zac.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
I'm playing on Xbox. Can anyone tell me how to enable entering initials through the DMD. I only see an option to turn off entering initials with a virtual keyboard, but I want to enter my initials the old school way, scrolling through each letter in the DMD. Doesn't seem to have that option.

Oct 15, 2013
Should be under options where it says enter initials but I think that's for every score. It only does the DMD entry for a top score or a table specific thing I think. The only time I got the option was setting the speed bag record on Champion Pub. This new game doesn't have local high scores available to see in the UI but the machines still save the top five? scores. So if you don't get a top five score it won't give you the option. Top five score based on what is on the machine already when it's in attract mode.

Oct 15, 2013
Posted a top 10 score on Pinball Noir on release weekend. It was #8 but now #10 under Arcade settings. Never sniffed the top of the leaderboards in FX2 or 3. Username is Gameaddict8504 on Xbox. Also #1 right now on Wild West Rampage for the week on Arcade. Actually learning and getting better at a Zen original table for the first time ever. It's not a bad table and a good freebie since it wasn't free in the previous FX games. I think they physics overall are improved and the visuals are more detailed than FX3 on the PS4. I can zoom in and actually read the graphics on the table. Also the lights and special effects are better. My only issues now are the crashes to the Xbox dashboard and prices. Oh and the volume levels. Also the attract mode doesn't work. I think it's an improvement though. I understand people's frustration with tables not transferring over but it is an upgrade. I've always dabbled in FX. Getting a few things here and there on sale so for me it's no biggie. I'm also going to use Reward points from Microsoft. Waiting for a sale though so I can maximize my points.

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Nice job with your scores! I like the physics with the newest version, certainly. Hoping all the bugs and kinks are resolved before too long.

Oct 15, 2013
I think the devs have a backdoor into the game so bug fixes can get out sooner without having to go through the usual channels. Looking at the Reddit people are complaining that the tables are too sluggish. I think they are pretty spot on. I never liked the physics on FX3. The ball had no weight and flew around like a marble. Also on Series S there is no ray tracing yet the lighting and particle effects are better than the previous version. It seems ray tracing at least in this game is overrated.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.