Bug STILL very poor audio quality on the PS4 version after almost 2.5 years

starck

Jun 7, 2012
They should realize that this sound problem is also costing them as well. Many people haven't purchased additional table's after being disappointed with how their current table's are sounding.

I'd be happy if they just responded with a confirmation that someone at Farsight is actually working on this bug.

To be fair, I brought up the issue with the large Pinball Arcade logo covering the DMD with shared PS4 Videos and they replied saying they were working on it and with this last patch it was removed.

I think they are truly stumped with this widespread audio bug and that's what scares me.
They can't merely sweep it under the rug and act like it doesn't exist.

Were going to address the Sound issue in the next update.

Yeah...
I have not, and will not, purchase any more tables on PS4 (or any platform I play TPA on) until this issue has been addressed....and so many other issues on PS4 still exist.
Flippyfloppy's post was made ~3 weeks ago. Any information as to how long it will take for the audio quality fixes to roll out to PS4? I understand fixes take time, but seriously guys, this issue is YEARS old now. I already own a ton of tables on PS3 too. Farsight, you're really not convincing me to repurchase all of my tables on PS4 with this kind of lack of support.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah...
I have not, and will not, purchase any more tables on PS4 (or any platform I play TPA on) until this issue has been addressed....and so many other issues on PS4 still exist.
Flippyfloppy's post was made ~3 weeks ago. Any information as to how long it will take for the audio quality fixes to roll out to PS4? I understand fixes take time, but seriously guys, this issue is YEARS old now. I already own a ton of tables on PS3 too. Farsight, you're really not convincing me to repurchase all of my tables on PS4 with this kind of lack of support.

I'm willing to bet that it isn't coming until the next update. July at the earliest (potential update to finish season 5), November at the latest (potential update to get Dr. Who out for backers.)

WPinball

Apr 6, 2014
When I first bought my ps4 and added Pinball arcade to it a year ago, I too was very disappointed about the sound and music breaks on the tables. However aside from the sound and music breaks occurring on every table(especially on TAF where the lightning sounds cut out when you start multiball which is highly annoying) There are a select few tables that have music that does not play at all when you either start a mode or begin gameplay. Here is a list of the tables I know have that issue:

Scared Stiff: when starting the “Terror From The Crate” multiball, I think that the music for that does not play at all when playing the mode, but after the mode ends the main play music stops playing and there is no way to get it back even when starting a new mode, so the only way to get it back is to drain the ball and start a new one and that just sucks.

Whirlwind: When activating the pre-Quick Multiball and pre-Main Multiball, some of the music does not play at all.

Twilight Zone: I know someone posted something about this but the music for the “Greed” mode does not play.

Gorgar: I know there's no music for this table since it was a pre-1980s table, but when you hit so many targets at a time, the speech and the fast beats cut out and do not play again.

WHO Dunnit: This one rarely happens but if you start the game and immediately launch the ball and make a skill shot, the main play music does not play at all. In order for it to play however, You have to wait for the cutscene of a murder taking place on the DMD to finish and then you can shoot for the skill shot and then main play music will play normally.

El Dorado: COG: This occurred on the ps3 a couple of years ago but when starting the game, the music does not play at all, this might have not happened on the ps4 though.

Victory: This game had the same problem as El Dorado: COG that also happen on the ps3 a couple years ago but the main play music for this table did not play as well, This also did not happen on the ps4 version though.

Those are the tables that I know have that if there is any more out there that has that problem I'll report more in.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
I'm willing to bet that it isn't coming until the next update. July at the earliest (potential update to finish season 5), November at the latest (potential update to get Dr. Who out for backers.)

I'll believe it when I see it : )
Let's see when the audio quality matches that of the PC version. (Although I think you might be right...if they ever release the update at all...)
That and the graphical issues in the PS4 version make it a hard sell right now.

WPinball

Apr 6, 2014
Also after the recent update featuring No Fear, Judge Dredd, Fireball and El Dorado, and Hurricane, Space Shuttle's main play music does not play at all.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Also after the recent update featuring No Fear, Judge Dredd, Fireball and El Dorado, and Hurricane, Space Shuttle's main play music does not play at all.

Quite disappointing. I bought this table because it was generally bug free before this latest patch. -_-

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Is that something they actually said regarding the patch?

Something they said regarding the rest of the season 5 tables. They have also previously said that the sound patch will be in the next patch. Common sense should indicate that the same patch should have the sound update, but with Farsight's console updates, we can't assume anything. So, it is still wait and see.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Is there an ETA on the patch?

There are a lot of tables I want to grab, but I want to experience them without the sound bugs.

We don't have an ETA on the release but It's in development. I'll update when QA gets a pass to report fixes that have been added.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
We don't have an ETA on the release but It's in development. I'll update when QA gets a pass to report fixes that have been added.

Glad to hear this. Thanks.

Will this be an all inclusive patch, which removes the white ball artifacts which showed up with 1.12, along with some previous bugs?
Also, will there be any chance of having the older tables upgraded to the 3.0 physics (as the PC tables have)?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
While you guys are at it. Can you please add in the flood light effects onto the Lights Camera Action table? The PS3 version has it, but not the PS4 version.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
TX-Sector sounds amazing on the PC. I can't see myself enjoying it with the horrible audio on the PS4 version. I hope the fix pulls though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.