Bug STILL very poor audio quality on the PS4 version after almost 2.5 years

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Thank you FlippyFloppy. I do have a couple of more questions that I never have been able to get an answer about.

1) Will the Friends Leaderboards ever be functional on the PS4?

2)At one point, someone from Farsight (can't remember where exactly) stated once that they were looking into possible Challenge or Season only PS4 trophies. The only response to this now is "Sony says we have hit our trophy limit." This is true on the PS3 at 96, but the PS4 is only at 66, leaving 30 available for use (more if you use only bronze). I have never have been able to get a true explanation why 30 trophy difference exist between the 2 systems (3 if you include the Vita's 96 trophies as well).

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Thank you FlippyFloppy. I do have a couple of more questions that I never have been able to get an answer about.

2)At one point, someone from Farsight (can't remember where exactly) stated once that they were looking into possible Challenge or Season only PS4 trophies. The only response to this now is "Sony says we have hit our trophy limit." This is true on the PS3 at 96, but the PS4 is only at 66, leaving 30 available for use (more if you use only bronze). I have never have been able to get a true explanation why 30 trophy difference exist between the 2 systems (3 if you include the Vita's 96 trophies as well).

THANK YOU! I'm glad someone said that. I know you and I talk about this often, but I want FarSight to answer this in the most honest way. I really do hope that we get those friends' leaderboard issues fixed. We (PS4 users) have never had them. I think it's time they speak on it after almost 3 years of not having it.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

Friends leaderboards will be functional again for PS4. Im looking into the reason why trophies weren't updated for Season 2 but I'll get back to you when I have a solid answer.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Friends leaderboards will be functional again for PS4. Im looking into the reason why trophies weren't updated for Season 2 but I'll get back to you when I have a solid answer.

FlippyFloppy - Thank you very much for the response. Awesome to here about the friends leaderboards. Thank you for looking into the trophies as well. If I may make a request. Is there any way to have trophies based on completing the Challenges? The silver "Beat Williams Challenge" trophy for the Pro Pinball Hall of Fame : The Williams Collection was my favorite trophy for that game. Having bronze trophies for completing each of the Challenges in The Pinball Arcade would be great and much better than having trophies for only half of the season 2 tables like on the PS3.

Thank you again for your response.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I never thought I would be excited over such a small feature that was suppose to be there. However thank you for the info update, FF (FlippyFloppy)!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I never thought I would be excited over such a small feature that was suppose to be there. However thank you for the info update, FF (FlippyFloppy)!

Just to be clear, it's not in the upcoming update but it will be coming back to PS4.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So, Farsight's Facebook PR guy posted that the new tables should be out this upcoming Tuesday. So I guess that means that we could start looking for the title update with the audio fix tonight, Monday, or early Tuesday.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
FlippyFloppy - Thank you very much for the response. Awesome to here about the friends leaderboards. Thank you for looking into the trophies as well. If I may make a request. Is there any way to have trophies based on completing the Challenges? The silver "Beat Williams Challenge" trophy for the Pro Pinball Hall of Fame : The Williams Collection was my favorite trophy for that game. Having bronze trophies for completing each of the Challenges in The Pinball Arcade would be great and much better than having trophies for only half of the season 2 tables like on the PS3.

Thank you again for your response.

After contacting Sony regarding the amount of Trophies we have for PS4, we were told we can add additional trophies. I love the suggestions for trophies and we're deciding how we will implement the new trophies so we will be working on this in a future update.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
After contacting Sony regarding the amount of Trophies we have for PS4, we were told we can add additional trophies. I love the suggestions for trophies and we're deciding how we will implement the new trophies so we will be working on this in a future update.

Good news. I would prefer to see the trophies spread out (complete all standard goals for season 2 tables, collect all wizard goals for season 2 tables, collect all wizard goals on season 3 tables, etc).

But I know someone else suggested challenge mode trophies (I personally am not too crazy about that idea. There are enough season 1 related trophies already)

Another idea would be trophies for tournament mode (successfully make it to gold tier, etc.). Just some ideas...

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014

That is fantastic news. Thank you very much for the update FlippyFloppy

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016

Oh, that is good news, thanks for the update.

Collecting all wizard goals on a table can be extremely challenging, I would NOT recommend a trophy for getting all wizard goals across a whole season! :) Maybe for getting all standard goals across a full season! But I really think that a wizard goals trophy should be confined to a table.

My recommendation would be to take trophies out through Season 3 (4 if possible) and have only two trophies per table. You can mix them out a little so they are a little different table by table

Bronze - Get a top 5 high score (75% of tables you add would require this) OR Get the highest score (25% of tables require this)
Bronze - Complete standard goals (75%) OR Complete wizard goals (25%)

And then for a whole season, have the complete ALL standard goals - Silver.

The trophies should have some challenge but remember there are a lot of casual gamers; I don't think the trophies should solely be geared for the elite of the elite, the 1% who eat, drink, breathe video game pinball ;)

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
djb5f1 said:
My recommendation would be to take trophies out through Season 3 (4 if possible) and have only two trophies per table.

If you remove already existing trophies people will have a fit.

Personally I'd like to see it go the other way, kind of like how SPA Frankenstein does it. Finish all the standard goals for the bronze trophy. Then each individual wizard goal is a silver. Maybe get them all for the gold.

And yes, please add more challenges. They're my favorite thing to do when I don't feel like playing any particular table. I'd love to see easy, medium, and hard versions of each, as well as one that picked 10 or so tables at random.

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
Good news. I would prefer to see the trophies spread out (complete all standard goals for season 2 tables, collect all wizard goals for season 2 tables, collect all wizard goals on season 3 tables, etc).

Trophies aren't tied to seasons though. Even if you buy the season pass they're grouped by table pack.

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
If you remove already existing trophies people will have a fit.

Personally I'd like to see it go the other way, kind of like how SPA Frankenstein does it. Finish all the standard goals for the bronze trophy. Then each individual wizard goal is a silver. .

I am not suggesting removing existing trophies; that is not possible anyway. I am saying starting with DLC pack 11 or wherever they left off.

There are trophy limit constraints so your idea of having a trophy for every single wizard goal would not work. You would only get a few more tables with trophies before hitting the maximum limit. Unless, they could create separate trophy lists for each season. That would be ideal and give them the flexibility to add more trophies per table. In other words, a whole new trophy list for Season 2, then another for Season 3, etc.

I have no idea what they intend to do with Stern Pinball Arcade trophies, so far they just have trophies for the free table.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Anyone know- Did these audio issues ever get fixed? Are they in the upcoming patch this week? (Do not see this mentioned in the upcoming patch notes but maybe I missed it).
Would like to play the game again and pick up some new tables if they have been addressed...

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I have no idea what they intend to do with Stern Pinball Arcade trophies, so far they just have trophies for the free table.

I’m wondering if they could just use the achievements from Xbox One as bronze trophies. They did the opposite over there. They have achievements for almost all of the paid tables, but zero for the free table ( there doesn’t seem to be any for Ghostbusters as well).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.