Request Street Fighter II (Gottlieb, 1993)

PinballGrump

Jan 15, 2016
In 1993, Gottlieb released a Street Fighter II pinball machine based off of the popular second instalment of the Street Fighter game series by Capcom.

The machine features the characters and music tracks from the game. The table features a smaller board underneath where you must hit the car with the ball, similar to the car smash mini-game found in the video game.

1785563-street_fighter_ii.jpg

License obstacles?
In 2008, Zen Studios released Super Street Fighter II Turbo Pinball FX onto Xbox Live which could cause some conflict if FarSight were to release the original Gottlieb table. However, if Zen Studios do not have any sort of current exclusive deal on Street Fighter pinball games, then hopefully it should be fine to try and acquire the license.

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
If somehow they manage to get this table PA, they need to hire a better artist to draw a new translite. This one sure is godawful, I wonder how Capcom approved it.

The table itself, is not bad, actually. Same with Super Mario Bros.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
In 1993, Gottlieb released a Street Fighter II pinball machine based off of the popular second instalment of the Street Fighter game series by Capcom.

The machine features the characters and music tracks from the game. The table features a smaller board underneath where you must hit the car with the ball, similar to the car smash mini-game found in the video game.

1785563-street_fighter_ii.jpg

License obstacles?
In 2008, Zen Studios released Super Street Fighter II Turbo Pinball FX onto Xbox Live which could cause some conflict if FarSight were to release the original Gottlieb table. However, if Zen Studios do not have any sort of current exclusive deal on Street Fighter pinball games, then hopefully it should be fine to try and acquire the license.

I recently had a chance to try GSF2 pinball-and it's actually a good table. I like it a lot more than the Zen version. Just like Data East's Rocky and Bullwinkle is much better than the Zen version IMO. Zen has come a long way.

thejake01

Mar 17, 2012
I own the actual table and I do like it more than the Zen version as well but I gotta say I think you guys would be really disappointed with this on TPA.

Every shot on the table brings the ball to a complete stop. That combined with the not-as-real-world-as-one-would-hope physics means the predictability of this table would be far more noticeable than it usually is.

It is a great table for learning shots because there are many and you have to make them all to complete the game but I still wouldn't recommend it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts