Stuck connecting...

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I updated this evening with the small patch that was available. TPA worked fine at first, but now, when I start the app, I'm stuck at "Connecting..." with the spinning circle in front of the Pinball Arcade logo. Force quitting and rebooting my device have not fixed the issue. All other Internet activity works, so I don't know what's going on here.

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
to temporary solve this problem you need open Android applications manager,find out TPA,before backup your tables files and HOF and table gobals,click "clear data",after TPA will works again,note don't login else next startup you will still stuck at that screen

Last edited:

truestone

Oct 20, 2015
The first time I actually got it running again without clearing data (let it simmer in its "connecting" state for half an hour, then at last rebooted the device) but that only seemed to work once. Tricks that don't help: start while not connected to the internet (it just crashes); shut down wifi while TPA is stuck connecting (it keeps trying), clear only cache instead of all data (no change).

But in the end I found my daemon: Ultimate Rotation Control, an app that I have configured to go portrait when TPA starts. If I launch TPA while already in portrait mode, so URC doesn't need to interfere, TPA starts fine. With URC disabled, and holding my tablet in portrait (with the home screen stuck in landscape), TPA starts fine, even though the same transition to portrait happens.

Note that it's still impossible for me to start this new version without internet connection.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.