Request Suggestions for improvements - PS4 version

PARALAX

Oct 3, 2013
There are two points that I really would appreciate:

1.) Graphics, even the light effects. Yes, PA looks really pretty on PS4 but you still will find many differences between the original, even with the light effects:

Compare this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7ImnBiyAs

with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZEwb0T5P8g

You see the difference? ;) There are still much too less reflections, even at the black side boards of the table. Additionally there is just a black shadow instead of a real ball reflection on the table. The PS4 CPU still seems to have very much potential as the console is very silent during the gameplay (in contract to most other games like GTA 5). I think there could be much more real looking reflections and light effects without problems. Other games like GTA 5 even shows that as well.

2.) I would like to have an option to reset the local highscores to ZERO (not factory reset scores) to compete with friends instead of developers entrys. I know that it's an issue from the original table this really could be a nice enhancement and maybe an incentive for more PA fans to buy the Pro version.

No need for changing the physics at all in my opinion - they are perfect and really taste like an original table. I couldn't find any difference to the original tables yet.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
All great ideas. I hope Flippyfloppy reads this and passes them onto their team.

I'd also like to have the ability to have the flipper sounds come out of the Dual Shock 4's speaker. It's good for sounds such as that to help convey mechanical sounds and whatnot.

I'm also hoping they will some day add a proper online co-op mode. I think, they last said, they were going to leave that up to Sony with their Share Play feature. For those that aren't familiar, it's a sharing service where an online friend can take control of the sharer's controller and view their screen. So it's basically like streaming couch co-op.

The problem with Share Play however is that this is only working for about 5% of PS4 owners. Most will the get the dreaded "RESULT: TOO LOW" message when testing the internet connection speed. I have Road Runner Extreme [40MB download / 5MB upload] and its not even close to being fast enough to do this. So I'll probably never be able to play TPA with my brother online unless Farsight does something about it themselves.

Firefox02

Feb 3, 2015
1. Be able to turn off the background music during play
2. some kind of new way to manage the installed tables, as it quickley gets clunky to cycle through them, when you have many tables installed.
3. A quick question, ( will my Disc release of season 1, still be getting the new updates like the digital version does ? )

Thanks

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

I'm not totally sure, but isn't it possible in the Sound Options?

On PS3, there's 3 sound sliders: Table SFX, Table Music, Menu Music (during attract mode).

Not available on PS4?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

I'm not totally sure, but isn't it possible via the Sound Options?

On PS3, there's 3 sound sliders: Table SFX, Table Music, Menu Music (during attract mode).

Not available on PS4?

2. some kind of new way to manage the installed tables, as it quickley gets clunky to cycle through them, when you have many tables installed.

A new UI is on its way, currently in Beta test on PC.

Table sorting will be possible, but for the moment, the global UI seems a little bit broken/rushed, and needs some more polish. See here http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11124-New-UI-Public-Beta and here http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...the-new-GUI-(beta-version)-or-the-current-GUI .

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I wish there was an option to make the ball brighter in Dark mode.
I really like the lighting in this mode, but the ball looks way darker than on the PC version and its too hard for me to see it.

I've also tried all of the ball skins, but none of them help because they all have the same shadowy appearance like the original pinball.

They could also sell an "LED ball" or something for dark room play. I'd definitely buy something like that for a buck or two.

Firefox02

Feb 3, 2015
I agree with you.

I espicially like to play with the dark brightness setting during the evening.

An LED Ball, would be awesome :)

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
The Addams Family ball that light up is really good, except that its light goes off half the time. Why can't they do a ball like that that stays lit?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, the ball being too dark is my biggest problem with the PS4 version. It should have proper reflective highlights that don't artificially darken in shadows. If they can't manage that, then yeah a glow-in-the-dark ball would at least make some of the darker tables playable.

I also wish they would update all the tables with the latest flipper physics! ^_^

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I also wish they would update all the tables with the latest flipper physics! ^_^

^ x2

After playing Big Shot on the PS4 w/ 3.0 physics and making a couple of drop catches I have to say it makes all of the other older tables feel like they are being left behind. It's really does make a huge difference in realism. The way the ball makes contact with everything is so much more fluid and realistic.

Flippyfloppy (if you're watching), can you give us any news on this?
Is is being worked on... Is there an ETA?... Will they all be rolled out in a "Super Crazy Mega Patch" with other fixes and upgrades?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
^ x2

After playing Big Shot on the PS4 w/ 3.0 physics and making a couple of drop catches I have to say it makes all of the other older tables feel like they are being left behind. It's really does make a huge difference in realism. The way the ball makes contact with everything is so much more fluid and realistic.

Yes, playing again T2 in the KS tournament, OMG... The ball is so bouncy, like a rubber ball with the weight of a feather.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
^ x2

Flippyfloppy (if you're watching), can you give us any news on this?
Is is being worked on... Is there an ETA?... Will they all be rolled out in a "Super Crazy Mega Patch" with other fixes and upgrades?

We don't have a set date but im fairly certain when we roll out the new UI, we will have to update every table. If that is the case, every table will get the new physics along with some bug fixes.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks FlippyFloppy! Will there be art fixes in the update also....like including the lighted topper for Pin*Bot and the correct front cabinet artwork for Firepower?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks FlippyFloppy! Will there be art fixes in the update also....like including the lighted topper for Pin*Bot and the correct front cabinet artwork for Firepower?

There would be some art bug fixes. I haven't been able to pull an artist away to tackle the topper on Pin*Bot and the artwork on Firepower but I'll see what I can do.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There would be some art bug fixes. I haven't been able to pull an artist away to tackle the topper on Pin*Bot and the artwork on Firepower but I'll see what I can do.

That's good to hear about the eventual 3.0 physics roll out on the older tables, but please don't forget about the audio issues. According to the other post this was introduced with the last patch. It's a bit hard on the ears for those of us who like to play with headphones.

It presents itself as pops and clicks.

Here's a video example of Gorgar where you can hear them. For best results listen with headphones...
http://youtu.be/KOgeYav452c

I also noticed these audio artifacts in Circqus Voltaire and Theatre of Magic.

Really hoping to have this cleared up in a bug fixing patch. Thanks!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
We don't have a set date but im fairly certain when we roll out the new UI, we will have to update every table. If that is the case, every table will get the new physics along with some bug fixes.
Hopefully, you guys will get the flood lights working on Light Camera Action then.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

This is excellent news. That might be enough to get me back into playing the game on a regular basis again.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I wish that what seem to be exclusively Playstation platform game ending bugs (balls lost in limbo forever, sudden "enter your initials" game over screen when the game isn't over) could be addressed, but I guess nobody can reproduce them often enough to figure out what they are. I posted my latest example of this last night.

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013

Could you please fix the DMD on the backglass of TOTAN, TOM and RBION?

Also the floating black blob on STTNG and the weird black square in CV.

Those quirks annoy me daily.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts