Super Mario Bros

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

This is my 1st post on here after just posting on new user/intro forum. Anyone played SMB table and what's your thoughts as I thought it was a great table but a little slow.

All the best

Modonut

Flotilla

Nov 6, 2013
The day Nintendo allows anything Super Mario Bros. to exist on an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 is the day that pigs fly and hell freezes over. It'll never happen in TPA.

It's an okay table, though.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Well...
When I was a kid, if you had told me that one day I Would be able to play a sonic game on a nintendo console I would also have said "never"...
But it happened... hell even games with mario AND sonic togheter happened...

But yeah... it's very very very unlikely that this could happen....
But don't say... never ^^

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
I thought it would never happen and a bit of a stupid question really and apologies about that.
As you say it's a pretty decent table though and I played it loads in the late 80s.

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Absolutely great news on The Adams Family though and I spent a load of pound coins on that. Can't wait

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I thought it would never happen and a bit of a stupid question really and apologies about that.
As you say it's a pretty decent table though and I played it loads in the late 80s.
Don't worry, there is no such things as "stupid question" ;)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Super Mario Bros. is quite a bit like BTTF in the fact that all scoring is unbalanced by the huge scores of the left ramp. However I will give it some praise in that it has a relatively deep ruleset and some good modes. I'm all in for this one.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Well...
When I was a kid, if you had told me that one day I Would be able to play a sonic game on a nintendo console I would also have said "never"...
But it happened... hell even games with mario AND sonic togheter happened...

But yeah... it's very very very unlikely that this could happen....
But don't say... never ^^

This is a different case. Sega, in the home market, is only a software developer/publisher now. Nintendo is still in the hardware business and is trying pretty hard to sell their consoles. Their first party franchises will not appear on competing consoles.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Perhaps Nintendo would allow it as a Wii-U exclusive(if that version is ever released)

Gary

What would be in it for FarSight? To buy a table, tear it down, digitize it, playtest and tune it, code it for the WiiU, then sell it only on the platform with the smallest install base, while forgoing all other larger installed platforms that include PC, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, XB360, XB1, iOS, and Android.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
There's a way that it happens: The Super Mario Bros table crappily modded by FS, with Ramon and Luciano instead of Mario of Luigi. Tacos instead of mushrooms. And so on.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What would be in it for FarSight? To buy a table, tear it down, digitize it, playtest and tune it, code it for the WiiU, then sell it only on the platform with the smallest install base, while forgoing all other larger installed platforms that include PC, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, XB360, XB1, iOS, and Android.

If I'm honest I don't see Nintendo letting Farsight use the licence. The quality control Nintendo demand in their games is far greater than Farsight can manage. Not particularly blaming them because of the size of the company.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
If I'm honest I don't see Nintendo letting Farsight use the licence. The quality control Nintendo demand in their games is far greater than Farsight can manage. Not particularly blaming them because of the size of the company.

This is so true. Nintendo games are polished beyond belief.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
The only way that I could see something like this happening is if Nintendo paid Farsight the development costs of this table and made it exclusive to their platforms. I don't think that is impossible, just not something that we will likely see anytime soon.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012

The same applies to Disney.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts