Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
What looks like half a cat ?

36000901.jpg

The other half.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Note :
Bad Cats was released in November 1989 by Williams.
It was designed by Barry Oursler and Python Anghelo.
Anghelo said that he hated working on this game.
"Bad Cats was a joke. Bad Cats, and Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball, are one of my 'yes boy, kiss-ass'... and they're one of my worst experiences."

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
i always think people who say they like Bad Cats are getting it confused with Mousin' Around. I've just never got into this table. That being said i'd still buy it.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I also prefer Mousin' Around to Bad Cats.
Sounds in Bad Cats can be very annoying at last.
Anyway I'd still buy it too.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I thought it was interesting that Farsight made mention of it when discussing the Addams Family in the newsletter. As cool as the upper play field is, the table play field is a great design. I would love to see this in TPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Played some F-14 Tomcat yesterday. Hadn't played that one in about a year or so. Forgot how blazing fast and cruel that pin can be. Always a rush to play though. Plays like a blurr at times. Maybe I didn't really even play it? :confused:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I thought it was interesting that Farsight made mention of it when discussing the Addams Family in the newsletter. As cool as the upper play field is, the table play field is a great design. I would love to see this in TPA.

So unique.
The concept is brilliant.
Both playfields are great.
It's a must have in TPA.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Played some F-14 Tomcat yesterday. Hadn't played that one in about a year or so. Forgot how blazing fast and cruel that pin can be. Always a rush to play though. Plays like a blurr at times. Maybe I didn't really even play it? :confused:

"It's fast. It's furious. AND IT FIGHTS BACK!"

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
i always think people who say they like Bad Cats are getting it confused with Mousin' Around. I've just never got into this table. That being said i'd still buy it.

Absolutely not. Never played Mousin' Around, but I love Bad Cats. I think it's a lot of fun despite being fairly shallow, and I find the ramp shots to be really good. It's not one of my top 5, but it's definitely one of my favorites from the time.

The 5 I'm going with:
1. Swords of Fury - Criminally overlooked and awesome. Great design, great soundtrack.
2. Whirlwind - The game that got me playing pinball. Even though I've played it to death, I still find it enjoyable.
3. F-14 Tomcat - One of the fastest and toughest pins ever, and also one of the most satisfying to do well on.
4. Grand Lizard - Another overlooked game from the era. Feels more like a true sequel to Black Knight than BK2K does.
5. Earthshaker - This was a tough one. Was considering Taxi, Diner, Elvira, and High Speed, but I have to give it to Earthshaker.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Great choices Rudy.
Swords Of Fury is a really great game.
The flow is good and the music is just FANTASTIC !

Last edited:

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
Man people really like to put down bad cats. Personally I enjoy playing all tables guess I'm just nuts but I just love pinball. bad cats was at a corner store back in the good old days. Gives me good memories. I hope TPA last for years I have fun playing all the tables even the one's everybody hates.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I want to change my vote, I have to include F-14 Tomcat now because it's my new favorite table that I've played in the past week.

Oh and Swords Of Fury too. That's one busy table, but it's a unique layout and a lot of fun trying to figure it out.

Members online

Members online