Table Aspect Ratios

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Hi, I'm new here, so not sure if this has been covered in another thread.

How come the camera views aren't universally the same? Obviously for wide bodies like Genie they couldn't be, but why does a table like Fun House have a different primary camera angle than all the rest?

Also I just played real tables of Fish Tales and Creature and was shocked how easy it was to hit right ramps on them. Where in TPA it's more difficult. The multiball lock on the TPA Fish Tails in particular always gives me an issue.

Has this topic been discussed in a thread elsewhere or does someone know why all the table aspect rations aren't uniform?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Don't forget not all pins are the same size (as you said). They try and give the best angles for each specific pin.
Some pins have lights on the apron or back wall, so you need to see more of that area. Others have things on the playfield that would block your view if they didn't adjust it slightly up or down.
Agree with you about shot to the extreme right or left. Some are very tough on the iOS version.
And that Fish Tales ball lock is a bitc#. I'm always bricking on that too. But I don't think they have any plan on adjusting it as far as I know.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
And that Fish Tales ball lock is a bitc#. I'm always bricking on that too. But I don't think they have any plan on adjusting it as far as I know.
It's a b*tch on the real machine as well.

To be honest, Fish Tales on TPA is probably the one table that does the best job of matching its real-life counterpart's difficulty.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
every pinball machine plays differently. the one you played may have happened to have a shot that is easier than most examples.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Backhand it. It doesn't look like a backhand will work, but it does. And it's a lot easier to do that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts