Table of the Week Club...Week 15: CENTAUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Nice score. Any tips? What is your usual strategy on this table?
Start multiball, as quickly as possible. Knock down the Queens Chamber drops for the EB. Keep multiball going.

One thing: the use the top right spot target to clear the 1-2-3-4 drops. Easy from either flipper and far safer.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Upped my best from 8.7M to 10.5M. Did it by just concentrating on the Queen's Chamber from the right flipper, up and under. Then with MB, I focused on the drop targets and the Chamber. Kept that going for a long time. Everything else just falls in place. 18M is impressive though.....nice!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Upped my best from 8.7M to 10.5M. Did it by just concentrating on the Queen's Chamber from the right flipper, up and under. Then with MB, I focused on the drop targets and the Chamber. Kept that going for a long time. Everything else just falls in place. 18M is impressive though.....nice!

I will say that on my tablet, I'd do significantly worse. Nudging is a big factor in this game. Maybe I'll give it a go on my tablet this evening, but my wife will want the TV tonight, not sure I want to sit watching HGTV and/or Law & Order reruns!!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I've experimented with a lot of nudging strategies on this table, especially to recreate the IRL nudging to save those outlane drains back through those inlane gates, not a whole lot of success up until now. Best results seem to come from doing nothing at all...:) I dislike that strange behaviour when those balls seem to creep their way back ever so slowly through that gate, that doesn't look like proper physics to me.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Same here. Nudging never helps knock a ball through the inlane gates. Best chance is to do nothing, in which case a ball coming at medium speed will do so on its own. But if it's not going to, there isn't any nudge that's going to change its mind. At most, you can nudge very late to (unrealistically) push the gate past the ball to get a borderline case all the way through.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I've experimented with a lot of nudging strategies on this table, especially to recreate the IRL nudging to save those outlane drains back through those inlane gates, not a whole lot of success up until now. Best results seem to come from doing nothing at all...:) I dislike that strange behaviour when those balls seem to creep their way back ever so slowly through that gate, that doesn't look like proper physics to me.

I find that if I dont nudge the ball to try to shake the ball away from the outlanes, and it does go down the outlane, i'll use a diagonal down when it hits the rubber post ( diagonal down left for the left side, diagonal down right for the right side ) it will save the ball about 90% of the time. it doesn't work as well if you try to nudge before it goes down the outlane, so whenever I see a ball headed towards that area I just let it do it's thing and then try to save it.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I love centaur. alot. I play about 10 games ( at least ) a week on it still, and I dont forsee that number going down any time soon. I love the multiball function. love the art, love the sound package. hell, I even love that the upper lane change goes from right to left.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Sadly, there is no diagonal down nudge on iOS (only up), which would make perpendicular sense indeed given that outlane situation. Then again, that would be a difficult move in IRL also :)
You really like that lane change? I get a bit frustrated with it, especially with Centaur dissing you if you get it wrong....

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
oh yeah. I forgot to mention .... star rollovers... god I love me some star rollovers.. even tho these star rollovers are there mostly for show... but IRL.. star rollovers are dashizznet.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
the only table that I remember that takes full advantage of star rollovers is that soccer game...umm,,,,, table pak 50x...

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I think I have a lot of success nudging ball in from outlane by nudging up. Helps when ball won't quite make it on its own speed. I just nudge up and the trick is to nudge pretty early. Especially helpful on left outlane and slow moving right oulane balls.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Got the lost balls bugs twice now, game breaking bug. Game doesn't release any more balls from hitting chamber although there are locks lit and after you drain nothing happens, game still thinks there are balls in play and after tilting still nothing happens, no new ball is started.

What happens if we run in to this bug in tourney [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] ? Start new game?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I had that happen to me and there was a ball in the plunger lane. So try the plunger. Not sure if it is true for all occasions, but I don't know why I never thought of it before.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Got the lost balls bugs twice now, game breaking bug. Game doesn't release any more balls from hitting chamber although there are locks lit and after you drain nothing happens, game still thinks there are balls in play and after tilting still nothing happens, no new ball is started.

What happens if we run in to this bug in tourney [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] ? Start new game?

If during any game in the tourney you get a lost ball bug, yes you should quit and start a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts