Table of the Week Club...Week 17: HARLEY DAVIDSON

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimTheGunner95

Apr 12, 2015
You didn't have to type all of that. I'm well aware of what they are.

I was only wondering that if the bugs are in fact being worked on, why haven't they said so? They've said the same thing, over & over.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Because FarSight does not keep a change log. Short enough answer for you?

JimTheGunner95

Apr 12, 2015
They could at least let those know in chat that they are in fact working on it, since they do have to be in the loop. Nothing more to it. :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
They could at least let those know in chat that they are in fact working on it, since they do have to be in the loop. Nothing more to it. :)
It comes down to how FarSight communicates their task lists internally. It might be the case that the Twitchers don't have their fingers across all departments in FarSight. I'm not saying they should either. If everyone was working AGILE, they would have a Kanban that would show exactly what issues are being worked on, and what issues are being triaged for fix in the sprint. For example, the DLC cycle.

I agree that FarSight could do better regarding how they communicate fixes publicly. It would be pretty sweet if they included something in their newsletter each month. Even if it was a terse change summary with a link to a public Release Notes. And, no, I'm not just talking about the generic "Bug fixes and other improvements" line we sometimes get in some apps.

Folks like you and I love the minutia. ;)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It comes down to how FarSight communicates their task lists internally. It might be the case that the Twitchers don't have their fingers across all departments in FarSight. I'm not saying they should either. If everyone was working AGILE, they would have a Kanban that would show exactly what issues are being worked on, and what issues are being triaged for fix in the sprint. For example, the DLC cycle.

"AGILE". "Sprint". Seen a lot of that around my way recently, though not so much of late. Even with such methodology, different departments also need to be clued into what's going on or you get screw ups. Or you go into a meeting room and see all this stuff and are utterly clueless as to what it actually means.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
"AGILE". "Sprint". Seen a lot of that around my way recently, though not so much of late. Even with such methodology, different departments also need to be clued into what's going on or you get screw ups. Or you go into a meeting room and see all this stuff and are utterly clueless as to what it actually means.
Yeah, there is that. It all comes down to good bug practices and communication systems.

This aspect of business is something I kind of geek out on a bit. Because I'm a docs nerd.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Actually they've been working on getting through the (very) long list slowly but surely. We can thank @FlippyFloppy for that, as he's the one that really pushes the bug list at FarSight.

Thanks FlippyFloppy! I hope they've prioritized the list to tackle the game-killing bugs soonest. Those seem the worst to me, anyway. And the impossible shots second.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Apparently it was also in Star Wars Trilogy. And programmed by Lyman.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1100

Never played SW Trilogy... or even seen one, for that matter, I think.

Actually it probably makes more sense in Star Wars. I presume it's knocking down Ewoks (please let it be Ewoks not Imperial troopers) with a speeder bike?!

[Edit] Just looked up SW Trilogy on IPDB... goodness that is one ugly-looking playfield with some of the laziest most haphazard cut-n-paste work I think I've seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts