Table of the Week Club...Week 17: HARLEY DAVIDSON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I never even bothered to launch this at all during this week. I was so done with this table so long ago.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'll have to get back to this table, since the other tables finally dropped on PS3, I have been a bit busy.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Not the funniest table for sure but I don't get all the hate for this one.
I still suck at it but it's one of the best Gottlieb recreation in TPA for me. x100 better than CBW.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not the funniest table for sure but I don't get all the hate for this one.
I still suck at it but it's one of the best Gottlieb recreation in TPA for me. x100 better than CBW.

But it's not Gottlieb, it's Sega via Stern. And yes, it is better than CBW. Like I said before, the layout isn't bad, it's the coding and lack of certain visual indicators. Oh well, seems each month we have to have one stinker.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Should I put up the next table? Sure I should...

new thread being made now....

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
But it's not Gottlieb, it's Sega via Stern. And yes, it is better than CBW. Like I said before, the layout isn't bad, it's the coding and lack of certain visual indicators. Oh well, seems each month we have to have one stinker.

My bad. It plays like a Gottlieb to me.
A decent one though. :p
Sorry for that.

JimTheGunner95

Apr 12, 2015
Practice makes perfect. If you attempt to cradle one out of four balls, you're going to lose one, if not three. Rookie mistake. Cradle during one ball play, plan your next move out. Read the instructions. Become better. Earn the Wizard Mode. End it.

Again, not that hard.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
For the life of me I can't get to stupid Milwaukee.

The key is to use the LIVE-RIDE targets after about 12 cities. Complete them to light Next City at the scoop. They're not super dangerous to shoot and are quite a bit easier to complete than those humongous amounts of miles. Remember that they reset when starting any multiball so be careful of that. But multiball can make progress towards them, as long as you don't drop them all, you can finish them in single-ball play afterwards.

Also always take Next City when starting a ball, of course. You do want to get at least 7 cities on ball one so these freebies can go towards the longest mileage totals. But don't fool yourself on the progress, psychologically - 7 cities is not near halfway at all - with the big mileage numbers, halfway is really more like 10½ cities.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I managed to get that Milwaukee goal. Mostly right loops for super pops, many multiballs focusing on pops mostly and 2 or 3 LIVE/RIDE drop targets and of course start next city at start of ball.

Every video mode I crash as fast as I can. But I started thinking video mode would be better if the longer you ride the more miles you also collect towards next city. That would make more sense and be a bigger incentive to play video mode. Now every time I start video mode I think about it and get even more frustrated that didn't include that and I hate it even more :mad:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But I started thinking video mode would be better if the longer you ride the more miles you also collect towards next city. That would make more sense and be a bigger incentive to play video mode. Now every time I start video mode I think about it and get even more frustrated that didn't include that and I hate it even more :mad:

Right? I mean that would make a whole hell of a lot more sense than running down pedestrians. They could still limit it, for a max amount, but instead we get this. I do play all through the vid mode though for practice, as come tourney time I might just need the 35 million you can earn after the extra balls have all been collected.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I am happy to say I finally got the stupid Milwaukee goal. I identified that one of my problems was I always went to collect the patch, and that often led to me draining the ball. On this go around, I said screw the patch, and waddya know. I got worried though during Milwaukee multiball as I didn't remember what it was I needed to do to earn the goal, and then I noticed that the states visited number wasn't going down. Few seconds later, the goal registered and I immediately stopped caring what needed to done or why I got it!

I then played a 3 ball game to see what my score in the tourney might look like. I spent most of my time lighting the video mode since I can do it perfect. After all the extra balls were collected, it was good for 41.2 million each time. Boring as hell, but it helped me post a nice score!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I still get the bug in Multiball, where the game loses track on how many balls are still in game. So when I lose the last ball, the game behaves as if there was still one ball in play. Calling the attendend doesn't work and I can only solve this by tilting the game. But then with every ball after that when draining, the game still doesn't recognize there is no ball left in game. This is so gamebreaking and I wish it would eventually fixed.

JimTheGunner95

Apr 12, 2015
We all know how PA responds with fix requests.

"Ah, yeah... We'll get to it..."
"Don't worry..."

Don't expect for anything to be fixed anytime soon. It's so buggy, that when I go to view certain leaderboards, all Gamertags are replaced with three question marks.

They've got a lot of work to do, which is why it sounds like it's being blown off.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We all know how PA responds with fix requests.

"Ah, yeah... We'll get to it..."
"Don't worry..."

Don't expect for anything to be fixed anytime soon. It's so buggy, that when I go to view certain leaderboards, all Gamertags are replaced with three question marks.

They've got a lot of work to do, which is why it sounds like it's being blown off.

Actually they've been working on getting through the (very) long list slowly but surely. We can thank [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] for that, as he's the one that really pushes the bug list at FarSight.

JimTheGunner95

Apr 12, 2015
I haven't heard much of it, then. They've said that they'll get on it, multiple times. They've never said that they were actually working on it, during their streams.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well you gotta remember, it's 55+ tables of bugs to get through! First 2 seasons also had way more bugs than 3 and 4, again because of Flippy joining the company and demanding better. Each month when we beta test on the PC, we usually see a few bugs get addressed. The DX11 beta has actually been good for knocking out a host of bugs, as all departments were actively having to go back and work on older tables for the build. Revisiting for one reason seems to have made it easy to justify fixing some other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts