Table of the Week Club...week 3: ATTACK FROM MARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Upped myself to 150B. Hit the Billion hurry-up twice and 3 video modes - none completed.

[Edit] Just posted 225B, a personal high score. 5 RTUs. Since it's almost the witching hour here on the East Coast, I think I'll call that a wrap :cool:

Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Attack From Mars was the first TPA table I totally burned out on. Loved it, loved it, loved it, then I found I couldn't stand another minute of it. I was over 100B, close to a 3rd or 4th Rule the Universe and I just quit. Never again, I said.

Months later I went crawling back,of course, but I only play with no extra balls. Haven't ruled the universe since, although I've come pretty close a couple of times. Had a 20.9B game this week, but otherwise hung out around the 12B mark.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Upped myself to 150B. Hit the Billion hurry-up twice and 3 video modes - none completed.

[Edit] Just posted 225B, a personal high score. 5 RTUs. Since it's almost the witching hour here on the East Coast, I think I'll call that a wrap :cool:

Congrats, that's what you call an upgrade to your last best! Any particular good stuff to mention from this game? Like getting 3 extra balls from video mode alone? And did you get Strobe MB more than once? I think it's only once per game but I am not sure about it.
[MENTION=2597]JefferyD[/MENTION]: table burnout, have been there, done that.... :) This table of the club week is invigorating though, I find myself stepping up to the challenge and improving my previous best scores. Didn't want to come near Genie before anymore, but came to re-appreciate the table. The big question is if this works for me on Dr. Dude also, the table I hate the most by far......

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Strobe is only ever once per game, yes.

Video Mode can reoccur after every time you activate Super Jets. I vaguely remember some conflicts that override it (maybe if Martian Attack is running, or if RTU starts) but don't recall the details. Video Mode is the only repeatable EB on the table so it is important for long games.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Reached my goal for last week with a 150B game. I like the table and gameplay, but I do get bored when games drag on this long.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I love AFM, it's definitely my favorite table. I'm glad it's the first that shows up on the table menu.

Currently working on those Wizard Goals, I once got really close to Ruling the Universe. And I'm no good at that video mode, played it on real life several times but never finished it.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I'm ok with with it since it's TAF, but what if it goes all the way to the T section instead of starting the A one?

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Is there a benefit to going for multiple RTUs? The victory laps? They don't stack with TA, right? And TA is much easier to start.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Is there a benefit to going for multiple RTUs? The victory laps? They don't stack with TA, right? And TA is much easier to start.

Victory Laps stack with basically everything. RTU's are at least 10 billion, and Victory Laps go as high as 500 million per shot. Stack it with a multiball mode and you're in for huge scoring.

Though, I don't believe VL's stack with RTU because it'd be finished in, at most, 10 normal shots.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Cool. Makes sense to shoot for re-election then. Thanks for the replies!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Woohooooo!! Just won the video mode with cows:

EvlkmpZl.jpg

And here's the reward:

UxDeeFH.jpg

So I can confirm it's possible to get this wizard goal in cow mode.

Now what I don't understand is, why AFM today shows this:

I have happened this to me in the past with another table. That's annoying.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
RTU stacks with Victory Laps in the sense that RTU is the best time to whail on the drop target to increase the Laps value. Seriously, don't shoot for anything else during RTU if Laps are active. Just bang on the drop target. You can get 20 hits to boost the Laps value from something like 150M to 350M. Don't worry about the 5B to complete RTU, stray shots will do that for you, and the drop target is also worth 100M itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.