Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
'Tales' I get is Fish tales....

The Phrase 'pin-nado' makes no sense to me.

Ideas?

Pinnado translates from Spanish to the English Pinnate;

Pinnate refers to feather-like or multi-divided features arising from both sides of a common axis. In biological morphology the term applies to plant or animal structures, but it also is used in other disciplines, for example in describing crystalline structures[1] such as some forms of ice or metal crystals,[2][3] and in earth sciences, where it may refer to patterns of erosion or stream beds.[4] :p

Perhaps a plant themed table?

Or maybe the 'multi-divided' features of 'pinate' hints at a multi-level playfield, combined with a plant theme and a relation to crystalline structures, the table can only be CONGO (giant gorillas, jungle, diamonds ect...) :D

Not sure if you're joking but....
Just a play off the TV movie Sharknado that is pictured in the poster that had a tornado full of sharks.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I think it is Fish Tales. But then again, I thought last month we were finally going to see EBD with the hints we received last month. I think it will be two tables. How can they sell just one table? They would never be able to release old tables. Nobody would buy them.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Didn't Bobby or somebody else from Farsight say this table pack was "something special" or something like that? How is Fish Tales something special, especially enough to warrant its own table pack?

Now, Twister on the other hand... :cool:

I do agree the whole movie themed poster and tornado or sharknado focus does seem a little odd if it's only referring to whirlwind as table of the month and fish tales as main table. Such emphasis on sharks when there are other fish at least on playfield of fish tales. Twister would make more sense. Then again, fish tales and whirlwind would make sense too somehow. And Farsight might think that due to fish tales being 1# in poll, the demand for this table is huge. But it was a non-license poll, so it's hard to say how popular the table actually is. But what's up with the sharks if it's only twister then? If that's the case then the sharknado joke is a little overemphasized.
And what's so special about twister, anyway? I'd say between the two, fish tales is much more exiting.

Last edited:

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I think it is Fish Tales. But then again, I thought last month we were finally going to see EBD with the hints we received last month. I think it will be two tables. How can they sell just one table? They would never be able to release old tables. Nobody would buy them.

Eh, I probably would. Then again, just because it appears Fish Tales, a wildly popular table, may be released in a single-table pack doesn't mean that's the way forward from here on out for every other pack.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
HS2 would be nice, but I want Demolition Man and Last Action Hero...

no whammy, no whammy, no whammy, no whammy, no whammy, no whammy, no whammy, no whammy... :D

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
All I keep hearing reading is gueses that wouldn't be special enough, to be something special. Unless we get something like The Adams Familly, Dr Who, or Guns And Roses, we really need to trivialize what Farsight means by "special".

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Black Rose? It has a whirlpool ramp on it, doesn't it? A sharknado is kind of like a whirlpool of sharks. That's just a thought, but I'm pretty sure it's Fish Tales.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Black Rose? It has a whirlpool ramp on it, doesn't it? A sharknado is kind of like a whirlpool of sharks. That's just a thought, but I'm pretty sure it's Fish Tales.

Black Rose also has a video mode where the player has to repeatedly press the flipper buttons to escape a shark.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
You know, it suddenly struck me, that weird writing at the top looks a lot like D'ni, from the MYST games. I don't know why it would be, it just looks like it could be. I do think, though, that that writing could be the key to figuring this out.

Emergency_Room

Nov 3, 2013
All right I think I got it. The tornado and sharks are two separate clues. Tornado's go round and round as does baseball players so the first of the two tables is going to be Williams Slugfest. The second table goes back to the baseball theme of the first table. Sharks live in the ocean as does marlins. Marlins is also a baseball team based in Miami, so the second table is going to be Miami Beach.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
All right I think I got it. The tornado and sharks are two separate clues. Tornado's go round and round as does baseball players so the first of the two tables is going to be Williams Slugfest. The second table goes back to the baseball theme of the first table. Sharks live in the ocean as does marlins. Marlins is also a baseball team based in Miami, so the second table is going to be Miami Beach.

Stop man, there's steam coming out of your ears ^^

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
If we're going to consider Sega licenses as something special then i'd think that the South Park table would be more in line with this clue as it seems to be more about messing with people :p

The playfield has a big toilet, toilets swirl, shark-nado stunk, mr hanky is a piece of poo, poo stinks, This will be a December release, again - Mr Hanky!

The only problem with that is the licensing. South Park is a huge franchise, I doubt even a kickstarter could cover it. I do love that game though.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
While I'm certain that Trey and Matt love to make money, something tells me that they might be among the more reasonable groups to negotiate with.

Something tells me that the estate of Issac Hayes is going to be more of a nightmare.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
While I'm certain that Trey and Matt love to make money, something tells me that they might be among the more reasonable groups to negotiate with.

Something tells me that the estate of Issac Hayes is going to be more of a nightmare.

And then they could work it into the show...

Cartman: Hey guys, you heard of this Pinball Arcade? It's pretty sweet.
Kenny: (muffled) Pinball? What the f&%k is pinball?
Stan: I heard they even made a table about our town.
Cartman: Yeah, it's pretty cool. I downloaded it if you guys wanna come over and play. Except for you Kyle. Jews aren't allowed.
Kyle: What the hell, Cartman?
Cartman: Oh I'm sorry Kyle. Are you my new best friend now? Would you like to kiss my ass so you can play a video game?
Kyle: You know what? Screw you. I'm gonna go play Pinball FX 2.
Cartman: Bwahahahahaha! That's funny.
Stan: C'mon, let Kyle play. Don't be a dick.
Cartman: Fine. But I'll have you know I've digitally replaced the Kyle they put on the table with Clyde Frog.

N

netizen

Cartman: Yeah, it's pretty cool. I downloaded it if you guys wanna come over and play. Except for you Kyle. Jews aren't allowed.
Cartman: Oh I'm sorry Kyle. Are you my new best friend now? Would you like to kiss my ass so you can play a video game?
Cartman: Fine. But I'll have you know I've digitally replaced the Kyle they put on the table with Clyde Frog.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Simpsons did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.