Table pack #39 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
We haven't had a Gottlieb game yet, and judging by timing (June will be #39), I'm guessing Surf 'n' Safari. Wouldn't want a Gottlieb game at the end of a season.

And hopefully The Getaway for #40.

+2,006 for Surf N' Safari.

I think if the Gottlieb table were either Freddy or Stargate, people might not mind closing out the season with a Gottlieb.
Stargate was fun-but man was the one we had at our arcade ever loud!

Season 2 closed out with CBW and El Dorado. Not that FarSight could heklp it-they were trying to renew their contract with the WMS copyright holder.

I still want my Getaway!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Unfortunately I don't think Farsight has a license with Capcom or PMI so it seems unlikely.

They actually do, as it is part of the Sega license if I'm not mistaken. What has held them back is the emulation apparently will be processor heavy or something. On top of that, there are only the 4 tables (?) which makes it questionable for putting in that much work.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
They actually do, as it is part of the Sega license if I'm not mistaken. What has held them back is the emulation apparently will be processor heavy or something. On top of that, there are only the 4 tables (?) which makes it questionable for putting in that much work.

Ahh, I stand corrected then, thanks. According to IMDB there were only four Capcom tables with significant production numbers, plus BBB (14) and Kingpin (9). http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&mfgid=76

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014

The Big Bang bar I played at a local collectors house had a plaque engraved with a production number "13"

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
The Big Bang bar I played at a local collectors house had a plaque engraved with a production number "13"

Sweet. I'm guessing he got one of the first PMI remakes, or did the original 14 Capcom games have plaques as well? More importantly, how was it to play?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Sweet. I'm guessing he got one of the first PMI remakes, or did the original 14 Capcom games have plaques as well? More importantly, how was it to play?

Found a pic I took of the plaque - he said they made it but let him customize it -it reads

Big Bang Bar
?????? SUPERSTITIOUS ???????

It was super fun to play - mostly I just felt lucky to be playing it

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
It was super fun to play - mostly I just felt lucky to be playing it

Sounds cool. Not sure if I could make it out to Boulder to play one myself though, last time I was in Boulder the altitude kicked my ass for a day and a half. Oxygen please!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Sounds cool. Not sure if I could make it out to Boulder to play one myself though, last time I was in Boulder the altitude kicked my ass for a day and a half. Oxygen please!

Pinball really isn't that physically demanding :) foosball maybe, our bike park definitely.

1373493212_valmont-banner.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No, the original BBB did not have a plaque. They were prototypes and never sent out into the wild. The plaques were simply because those tables being produced were going straight to collectors. Stern does a similar thing I think with their limited edition premier tables. But yes, BBB allowed customization on the plaque as well.

I've played 4 of the 6 tables; BBB, Breakshot, Kingpin, Pinball Magic, and they are all quite enjoyable. Never seen or heard of the other two, I'll have to ask the guys in my league about them (that's where I've played the others). I do have to point out the flipper gap on Airborne though. That's huge!

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
About the fact that Capcom only made 6 tables: You can easily argue that Farsight is never gonna put out more than 6 Data east, 6 Sega tables and 6 newer Sterns because of all the licenses. Also, just for the history and the pure rarity of almost all the Capcom tables I would say a roaring yes to the "is it really worth it" question. Not many sources around for Kingpin, though. Was it 2 or 3 of them made in total?

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not many sources around for Kingpin, though. Was it 2 or 3 of them made in total?

9. And I know where one is! Actually if this individual let FarSight into his home to take necessary pics, they could grab Krull, King Kong, and Lochness while they're at it. Dub it 'the lost' season.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
9. And I know where one is! Actually if this individual let FarSight into his home to take necessary pics, they could grab Krull, King Kong, and Lochness while they're at it. Dub it 'the lost' season.
------------
The 'Lost' season...cool; reminds me of Stephen King's 'Lost'.:cool: Just a SK Constant Reader

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For some reason Flipper Football gives me a very Goin' Nuts vibe. Is it the layout? The bland colors? Don't know, but I'd have to actually play it to convince me otherwise!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Between museums and PAPA, I think I've played every Capcom. BBB, Kingpin, Breakshot, Flipper Football, Airborne, Pinball Magic. Is that it?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
For some reason Flipper Football gives me a very Goin' Nuts vibe. Is it the layout? The bland colors? Don't know, but I'd have to actually play it to convince me otherwise!

Played it for the first time recently and it was surpringly fun. The scoring method is neat as its 1pt per goal. And I think the game had more of a time component, aka Safecracker, than a three ball limit. The DMD animations were really nice to boot. Wish I could have heard it more as Capcom games typically have great audio but that's how shows are.

So other than the no outlanes the game isn't anything like Goin Nuts.

It wouldn't be the first or second Capcom table I'd want but I'd love to have a VR of it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts