Table Pack #42 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
As long as that Halloween table is MSF, I will be cool with that. Much as I liked Gottlieb's Freddy IRL (and other Gottliebs too), I don't see any more Gottliebs coming out for TPA. There's more than enough WMS and Stern properties to keep going with and I speculate that they not only sell better, but they get more love on these boards as well. Just look at how LCA (from season 3, mind you) got shellacked here.

Anyway, I hope that if FarSight should go with MSF, they don't crimp the DMD. That bigger DMD should look so cool in TPA.

Looking forward to F-14 on TPA-only played a few times IRL. S5 is already off to a tremendous start with the Getaway!

I really don't get why people hate on LCA here. Among pinheads I've met in real life, a lot of them view it as one of the better Premiers of the era.

I would have preferred Cactus Jack's, but LCA isn't a bad game.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I really don't get why people hate on LCA here. Among pinheads I've met in real life, a lot of them view it as one of the better Premiers of the era.

I would have preferred Cactus Jack's, but LCA isn't a bad game.

LCA IS a good game. I had a chance to buy one but it's really tall with the topper.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013

Because here, we compare it with everything in TPA, not just its own era or manufacturer. And we tend to rag on pretty much everything from that era that wasn't a Lawlor. Phantom, Cyclone, Elvira, 1812, Dr Dude, Bride, Taxi and Diner, even High Speed and BK2K, pretty much everything from the era is considered at best just mildly decent.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm fine with LCA, but some reasons why it gets hated on:
- My God it is ugly.
- "Roll 'Em! Quiet on the set!"
- It's a little unbalanced... the modes and bonus are not valuable enough and/or too dangerous to try for.
- One of the better Premiers of the late 1980's / very early 1990's is pretty faint praise.
- A lot of people are probably very angry that Farsight didn't make Cactus Jack's / Surf n' Safari / Bone Busters / Big House instead.

LCA is the highest rated Gottlieb of its era. Specifically, it's the highest rated Gottlieb on IPDB after Devil's Dare (1982) and before Class of 1812 (1991), and no other is really even close.

I like the playfield a lot, I like the sound, and I think the art is so bad that it's interesting. I haven't played the real thing (I think), but I agree that it's probably not bettered by too many Premiers near it (though I think Class of 1812 and Victory are much better).

invitro

May 4, 2012
Because here, we compare it with everything in TPA, not just its own era or manufacturer. And we tend to rag on pretty much everything from that era that wasn't a Lawlor. Phantom, Cyclone, Elvira, 1812, Dr Dude, Bride, Taxi and Diner, even High Speed and BK2K, pretty much everything from the era is considered at best just mildly decent.
I don't think so, v.e. According to the rankings here (http://smbhax.com/tpatr/?c=results), Lawlor AND's are not rated any differently from other Williams AND's. The ratings go FH, Taxi >> WWind > ES, HS, Cyclone, Diner, BoP, Pin*Bot > BK2K, Elvira. Taxi is #15, a whole lot higher than mildly decent.

invitro

May 4, 2012
+1 for Stargate.
+1 for Stargate too. But I have to admit, if I'm feeling selfish and had to pick a Gottlieb, I'd do with Waterworld, because I've never played it. Plus the movie is totally awesome.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, if they ever get back to EMs, they BETTER get back in to Gottliebs.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Looks like there are some great Gottliebs still: Cactus Jack's, Big Hurt, Street Fighter II, Suft 'n Safari, TX-Sector, and Wipeout among others.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Looks like there are some great Gottliebs still: Cactus Jack's, Big Hurt, Street Fighter II, Suft 'n Safari, TX-Sector, and Wipeout among others.

Given the terrible 90s art on the SFII cabinet, I would be surprised if Capcom let Farsight resurrect it. Not exactly fitting with the SF brand these days.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Considering nothing from Farsight on Twitter or Facebook nor updated achievements on Steam I am assuming F-14 won't be released until the last Friday of the month and not next week?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts