Table Pack #46 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I know I have seen this somewhere on the forum before, but I think it belongs in this thread, gives a nice look at how Fireball works

looks fun. As mentioned before I prefer tables with some form of Multi-ball. This may the only EM I will likely play.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Fun fact: on an actual Central Park (and other EMs from that era), you can actually launch all of your balls at once and have a multiball. The downside is that your games would end quickly.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, many gottlieb games of that era you could plunge as many balls as you wanted. I'm not exactly sure how add-a-ball ones worked, but if you wanted, you could plunge all of the balls, but were very likely to motor out if you did.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Add-a-ball games awarded extra balls instead of free games (credits). I believe it had something to do with getting around strict gambling laws that a few states had. I believe Wisconsin and New Jersey were two of the add-a-ball states. That why you will see an add-a-ball and regular version of the same game like Buccaneer and Ship Ahoy.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
No i mean i don't understand how add-a-ball games returned a single ball to the area the manual lifter lifts the balls from.

I suspect the add-a-ball games either have one or 10 balls, and in the latter case can dispense 1 or 5 balls, while the replay versions without extra ball simply drop five in when the game starts, and have no others.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Based on the hint I suspect two tables this release.

My guesses are Fire!, with Fireball. Then we can expect Fireball 2 later. It could simply be Fireball 2 or Firepower 2 standalone.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's almost certainly Fireball and the EM version of El Dorado.

Agreed. I am very excite!! Don't have the nostalgia going for me, just the fact that there'll be more like Big Shot. Only in the fact that I can be waiting in line, or something and want to slap around a ball or two. That's not all BS is good for, like if I've lit up some candles, taken my socks off, and reserved the living room to myself (kicked the cat out to the bedroom/s**t box), then yes, I love to have a marotbon with BS. I do have Zac, and it's great, but it's still not TPA. Maybe the physics? But bring it on FS! Fireball and ED. Btw, I have played a real Fireball in very good condition. It didn't grab me, but that could've been for any reason, mainly that I just didn't spend enough time with it. But I'm so glad to have a double pack with EMs, watch me be wrong and the clue was leading to Big Buck Hunter pro. That was meant to be obscure. But yeah, EMs all around. And to think I was laughing whenever anyone would mention a double pack. This is a great move by FS. Keep it up guys!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Gee Whiz, I really am looking forward to the next TPA release of Fireball and El Dorado EM.
[MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION], I do hope you enjoy these two EM versions of El Dorado and Fireball. Being a Teek, myself, I really enjoy the simpler lay out of El Dorado EM compared to SS, where they play-field art is too busy.

I never had the chance to play "Fireball". I have looked at the vids on the net and think this table is also a great addition to TPA.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Gee Whiz, I really am looking forward to the next TPA release of Fireball and El Dorado EM.

[MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION], I do hope you enjoy these two EM versions of El Dorado and Fireball. Being a Teek, myself, I really enjoy the simpler lay out of El Dorado EM compared to SS, where they play-field art is too busy.

I never had the chance to play "Fireball". I have looked at the vids on the net and think this table is also a great addition to TPA.

There is no doubt in my mind that I'll love them both. No, you won't hear a single complaint here. On the other hand, some people might say well why didn't you make this other EM? but isn't that how it goes anyways? The tables we want, we just have to wait for. And if TPA lives for long enough, people just might see their favs made. Do you remember the requests that have now been made? ... Ahem "Adams family"... Ahem. And now there is not a peep. In short, FS is doing their best to get the tables to us. They are doing a very good job. I've seen a lot of 'ED EM would've been a better choice', and now they are making it. And Fireball was second in the poll. So 2 at once... Hope the whining is at a minimum. And then there's the 'DMD only' crowd... Well, just wait another month

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm with you Frank. I actually played more Target Alpha than El Dorado, but I still prefer either art package over the SS version. I also prefer the bell & chime sounds. Early SS pin sounds have never been my favorite.

I've played Fireball many times (mostly as a kid) and I think you will love it. It plays a bit frantically and serves up many balls that you will never get a flipper on, but it's a lot of fun. Multiball, a kickback, and zipper flippers make it stand out from most EMs. It also has one of my favorite skill shots. The spinning disc is crazy on Fireball. At times the ball will spin at the center of the disc for a second or two before being flung off at high speed. Very random and often cruel.

But EMs aren't for everyone. They usually play a little slower, have less targets, no ramps, basic sounds, simple rule sets, simple lighting, no DMD, usually no multiball, no wizard mode, and so on. We love them, but many don't. It's kind of like comparing a new Mercedes to a classic muscle car. I'd like to own both, but there are different things to love about each.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Very good points. Why do you think Big Shot gets as many plays as it does? Is there a possibility these next 2 will get anywhere near the same amount of gameplay? Oh god I hope they tone down those flippers. You could poke an eye out with the ones big shot has

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Big Shot has simple easy to understand rules, games are pretty quick, and it gets you to keep playing because you almost had all the drops down and you are sure that you will get them all if you just play one more game. That's what it is for me. But those same reasons apply to most of the good EMs.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Big Shot has simple easy to understand rules, games are pretty quick, and it gets you to keep playing because you almost had all the drops down and you are sure that you will get them all if you just play one more game. That's what it is for me. But those same reasons apply to most of the good EMs.

You don't have to convince me, brother.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
There is no doubt in my mind that I'll love them both. No, you won't hear a single complaint here. On the other hand, some people might say well why didn't you make this other EM? but isn't that how it goes anyways? The tables we want, we just have to wait for. And if TPA lives for long enough, people just might see their favs made. Do you remember the requests that have now been made? ... Ahem "Adams family"... Ahem. And now there is not a peep. In short, FS is doing their best to get the tables to us. They are doing a very good job. I've seen a lot of 'ED EM would've been a better choice', and now they are making it. And Fireball was second in the poll. So 2 at once... Hope the whining is at a minimum. And then there's the 'DMD only' crowd... Well, just wait another month

That wait could be awhile for DMD fans. That head-2-head soccer game could be next. I'm excited about having a 2-pack of EMs to enjoy and having a break from the DMD glut we've been getting. That soccer game is not a DMD game, and it isn't real pinball-the first table I am not looking forward to seeing on TPA.

Anyway, Fireball and the better version of El Dorado ought to be good.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
How do you even play a head-to-head game by yourself, anyways? How are the table goals gonna work?

Unless they plan on adding online multiplayer.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
I'm with you Frank. I actually played more Target Alpha than El Dorado, but I still prefer either art package over the SS version. I also prefer the bell & chime sounds.

I would also accept Target Alpha. To be honest, I'd even have settled for Canada Dry. I like the playfield, but the SS City of Gold is pretty rough to look at and listen to.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
How do you even play a head-to-head game by yourself, anyways?

One controller per hand?

Others have mentioned that this table has a 1-player mode. Will be curious to see how that works.

There is also head-to-head play Farsight has been working on for awhile. They mentioned many months ago it's working but not well so maybe they've resolved the issue and will enable it with this release.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Others have mentioned that this table has a 1-player mode. Will be curious to see how that works.

There is also head-to-head play Farsight has been working on for awhile. They mentioned many months ago it's working but not well so maybe they've resolved the issue and will enable it with this release.

The flippers on AGSB have switches on them, so the CPU can flip them when a ball touches them. The Head 2 Head mode has nothing to do with the 2-player mode on AGSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.