Table Pack #48 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Nah. It just seems like that because the same three people post about it on Facebook every day.

Glad someone else said it.

I seem to remember the same thing happening with POTO. Makes me wonder it all it takes to get FarSight to release a specific table is non-stop harassing them on facebook :/

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I seem to remember the same thing happening with POTO. Makes me wonder it all it takes to get FarSight to release a specific table is non-stop harassing them on facebook :/

Yeah. I was thinking this is a dangerous precedent to set.

emorse

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Nah. It just seems like that because the same three people post about it on Facebook every day.

Yup, it's the same 3 people, that's why 5-10 people on FB request it weekly and why the table made the "Top 10 Gottlieb" poll list. lol

http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/320-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-THE-RESULTS-ARE-IN!!!

It's also why 5-10 people request it during every Twitch Stream. (5 to 10 people really= 3.)

Endless requests for EBD= Good
Endless requests for R911= Bad

Gotcha.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yup, it's the same 3 people, that's why 5-10 people on FB request it weekly and why the table made the "Top 10 Gottlieb" poll list. lol

http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/320-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-THE-RESULTS-ARE-IN!!!

It's also why 5-10 people request it during every Twitch Stream. (5 to 10 people really= 3.)

Endless requests for EBD= Good
Endless requests for R911= Bad

Gotcha.

You can't really use that poll because the general consensus on these forums (I don't really agree) is that no one likes Premier Gottliebs. I highly doubt that even Haunted House (which finished first on the Gottlieb poll) would have made the top ten if the Gottlieb's were mixed into the Williams/Bally tables.

And they seemed to calm down after the leak, but it was the same three people (I counted) posting about Rescue 911 EVERY DAY. It was very annoying to the point where I was hoping that they wouldn't cave in to these people's demands. But they have apparently.

It would have made more sense to do Wipeout since it finished above it in the Poll and the auxiliary license is probably cheaper.

emorse

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
You can't really use that poll because the general consensus on these forums (I don't really agree) is that no one likes Premier Gottliebs. I highly doubt that even Haunted House (which finished first on the Gottlieb poll) would have made the top ten if the Gottlieb's were mixed into the Williams/Bally tables.

And they seemed to calm down after the leak, but it was the same three people (I counted) posting about Rescue 911 EVERY DAY. It was very annoying to the point where I was hoping that they wouldn't cave in to these people's demands. But they have apparently.

It would have made more sense to do Wipeout since it finished above it in the Poll and the auxiliary license is probably cheaper.

The poll was made for a reason, now we're suppose to ignore it? Is that why all the tables from the Williams poll got made? Whew, I'm glad Farsight didn't take your advice! ;) Seriously though, we can't just have Williams and Bally tables.

While I agree most Gottlieb tables are terrible there are a few rare gems. (Rescue 911, Stargate, Wipeout, etc)

I really don't care if people constantly demand a table. Again, the requests for EBD never seem to die. Those people seemed to have moved on from EBD to Paragon. lol Heck, there's still a guy that requests Sorcerer at least once a week, however futile that request is.

I'd rather people constantly ask for a table like R911, than Farsight making a table that nobody wants, like AG Soccer or yet another version of El Dorado. If that doesn't make sense, than I can't help you. lol

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Wipeout would work well in TPA. I personally prefer Gladiators, but the Gottlieb alpha-numerics are the ones I'm most familiar with.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The poll was made for a reason, now we're suppose to ignore it? Is that why all the tables from the Williams poll got made? Whew, I'm glad Farsight didn't take your advice! ;)

While I agree most Gottlieb tables are terrible there are a few rare gems. (Rescue 911, Stargate, Wipeout, etc)

I really don't care if people constantly demand a table. Again, the requests for EBD never seem to die. Those people seemed to have moved on from EBD to Paragon. lol Heck, there's still a guy that requests Sorcerer at least once a week, however futile that request is.

I'd rather people constantly ask for a table like R911, than Farsight making a table that nobody wants, like AG Soccer or yet another version of El Dorado. If that doesn't make sense, than I can't help you. lol

That and Surf N' Safari. I plead guilty as charged-at least on TPA fans. I don't have a FB account so I don't request them there.

The reason we all do that here and facebook is this: try talking to the people you work with or most of your friends about your favorite pinball machines. Crickets, and then they'll go back to discussing sports and trucks.

emorse

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
That and Surf N' Safari. I plead guilty as charged-at least on TPA fans. I don't have a FB account so I don't request them there.

The reason we all do that here and facebook is this: try talking to the people you work with or most of your friends about your favorite pinball machines. Crickets, and then they'll go back to discussing sports and trucks.

I'd love to see Surf N' Safari. At least it would be something different from the endless Williams and Bally tables, and it's also a pretty decent Gottlieb.

Again, most Gottliebs are terrible, but there ARE a few rare gems out there. If we can appease people with an EM 2-pack, we can get a Gottlieb that's been highly requested.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
It's Rescue 911. The song in the hint is by a band named Firehouse, which you call to solve an emergency by calling 911.

Flarie

Feb 19, 2014
Table Hint

Party Zone™ is the next Free Table of the Month.

AdVV3D8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts