Table Pack #50 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Had hope for a second it was Transporter: The Rescue but yeah it's TX-Sector.

I've played it a few times at shows and can't see why it's gotten so many mentions here. But will give it a fair shake. Wouldn't be the first time a table that didn't seem that good turned out to be one I really liked.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Looks like the season is going out with a whimper instead of a bang. Here's hoping Season 6 starts off strong.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
TX-Sector sucks, who picks these tables? Is there someone with terrible taste spamming the boards giving them the impression that crap-shows like TX and Rescue 911 are good? For the first season, I will not be getting Season 6 in advance. I will by Doctor Who when it comes out but will have to wait until I see all ten. My money this season was completely wasted. Now that I see them, I would have bought 1 table.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Agreed
Let's hope season 6 starts off with a bang!

Well we know 2 tables for season 6 already (Dr Who & AG Soccer), but I hope we see the likes of.....

Mousin Around
Fathom & Sea Witch (double pack)
The Shadow
Tales from the crypt
Grand Lizard
Swords of Fury
World Cup Soccer
Stargate (have to have at least 1 Gottlieb each season)
Sorcerer
Paragon
Bad Cats
Medusa

If we get half of them I'd be happy.

What's the possibility of getting Jurassic Park without the need of a KickStarter?, after TFTC is probably the next best Data East table. Hopefully we get some more film based table surprises in season 6 too

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
TX-Sector sucks, who picks these tables? Is there someone with terrible taste spamming the boards giving them the impression that crap-shows like TX and Rescue 911 are good? For the first season, I will not be getting Season 6 in advance. I will by Doctor Who when it comes out but will have to wait until I see all ten. My money this season was completely wasted. Now that I see them, I would have bought 1 table.

About 80% of your posts I've seen are negative. Good grief, are you ever happy?
You sound like you'd throw a donut in the garbage because of the hole.

Rescue 911 got preserved because of that really fragile helicopter toy.

TX-Sector was forgotten for over 20 years, but skyrocketed in price after Mark Bussler of Classic Game Room found one at PAPA, and did a video review of it.

And hey, it means a lot more people will get to hear that incredible music.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've watched that review twice and the table looks great to me. I love the early solid state machines, especially in low-light. It just makes me wish for a "dark room" mode all the more when watch those video reviews!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I've watched that review twice and the table looks great to me. I love the early solid state machines, especially in low-light. It just makes me wish for a "dark room" mode all the more when watch those video reviews!

You do know you can change the lighting level on tables right?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
You do know you can change the lighting level on tables right?

In fairness, he may be stuck with DirectX 9, like I am.

You can only change lighting levels on DirectX 11, and my computer and video card are too old and weak to run that.

But I'm getting a new PC sometime within the next month, so I'll finally be able to enjoy some form of Pinball After Dark...

...Wait, it says he plays on an iPad. Okay, I don't have a tablet, but I do know you can't change the lighting on Android, so I doubt it's much different on iOS.
No clue about the Wii U version.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

TX-Sector was forgotten for over 20 years, but skyrocketed in price after Mark Bussler of Classic Game Room found one at PAPA, and did a video review of it.

I actually played it at Pintastic last year. The rules are on the level of the Williams alphanumerics of the time, yet not bland or repetitive like Class of 1812. The teleporting ball is an awesome trick that I'm sure amazed a ton of people when the machine came out.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was in high school when TX-Sector came out. But I never saw one or even heard of it until I started going to pin shows a few years ago. The hideous backglass doesn't exactly scream play me. But the the gameplay, lights, and sound are just fun. Just found myself wanting to keep playing it. I totally get why they are sought after by collectors and why the price keeps going up. Give it a try when it comes out next month. You might be surprised how much you like it, like I was.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
Still really hoping for Banzai Run. Embryon, the Shadow, Flash, and Bone Busters for the next season.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I can confirm iOS (iPad,iPhone) and Mac versions can't change the light level on any of the tables. This has always bugged me and wonder why we can't. However, TPA kicks major ass and quite frankly is the reason I pick up my iPad at least once a day. I own every table and buy each one as they come out, pro-version without even playing it. I would love to have more older SS and EM tables as I find a lot of the 90's tables we've been getting lately quite repetitive and kind of boring BUT way better then anything else I can think of doing with my time. ;)

Each table is fun in it's own way and $8 is small potatoes for owning a piece of history , even if it's only in digital form but it beats paying thousands of dollars for each table and having to fix the damn things all the time!! ;)

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014

Let me get this straight, Rescue 911 a really poorly designed table with poorly thought out rules THEN decides to add a fragile toy that IRL is always broken and you thing THAT makes it worth preserving and at the expense of the loyal customers who paid in advance. That is the dumbest thing I have heard on hear.

As far as that TX video, it makes the table look like the terrible mess that it is IRL and from the view count not many people have watched it so if as you say it jumped up in popularity here in the forum it is exactly what I am saying, a handful of players with terrible taste and too much time on their hands spamming the boards and forcing crappy tables on the rest of us.

My comments as of late are negative because TPA has given us little to nothing to write positive about lately. This has been the worst season by far. If TPA is getting their ideas for new tables from this forum PLEASE STOP!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts