Table Pack #50 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm actually in the minority of people who would consider themselves fans of Premier games, but TX-Sector has done nothing for me the three times I've played it in real life. The game is just boring. Give me Cactus Jack's and Operation Thunder over TX-Sector any day.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Let me get this straight, Rescue 911 a really poorly designed table with poorly thought out rules THEN decides to add a fragile toy that IRL is always broken and you thing THAT makes it worth preserving and at the expense of the loyal customers who paid in advance. That is the dumbest thing I have heard on hear.

This sounds like something out of a Minecraft forum--the kind of thing that made Notch sell the company.

Really poorly-designed table with poorly thought-out rules
Subjective statement presented as fact.
If you'd said the table just seemed rushed to completion, with a lack of modes, and four white targets that do nothing but give you 3,000 points per hit (which is nothing in this game), then I'd likely give your complaints more credit, because they'd be better thought-out and addressing specific points.
Instead you went with generalities that could be referring to any table released in the last thirty years. Those words could be talking about the sacred cow that is High Speed, they're so vague.

(ADD moment: Heh, "you're so vague--you probably think this comment's about your table.")

THEN decides to add a fragile toy that IRL is always broken and you thing THAT makes it worth preserving and at the expense of the loyal customers who paid in advance.
Um, isn't that what Pinball Arcade is FOR? To preserve these high-maintenance tables? That's what Mr. Obernolte keeps saying in the Kickstarter videos.
Look at the Pinside Top 100. Now look at how many of those tables we currently have--including the top four. The rest are licenses that would likely require a Kickstarter, because like it or not, Farsight is not a huge company like EA (and thank God they're not like EA in other ways), where they can easily pay for major licenses. Hell, the only reason we were able to get the two Elvira tables is because Cassandra Peterson, the woman behind the character, is a big pinball fan.
And not every license is created equal. Some are a lot more expensive than they seem. Two words: Jimmy Workman.
By the way, if you're a "loyal customer" who feels betrayed by the company you gave money to...WHY ARE YOU STILL BUYING THEIR PRODUCT?
For that matter, why are you still HERE, on a forum that says it's for Pinball Arcade FANS?

That is the dumbest thing I have heard on hear.
Subjective statement presented as fact, not addressing specific points. But you don't like to deal in specifics, do you?
As far as that TX video, it makes the table look like the terrible mess that it is IRL
Subjective statement presented as fact. Not one specific point about the machine is addressed.
I can say "this pizza is a terrible mess" if it was made specifically for me by an Italian artisan. But it wouldn't be a valid criticism unless I said WHY it was a "terrible mess."
Was the meat undercooked?
Was the dough still gooey?
Were the vegetables still in too-large chunks?
Did I wait an hour and a half for my food?
Is the tomato sauce actually ketchup?
Be specific, man!

and from the view count not many people have watched it so if as you say it jumped up in popularity here in the forum it is exactly what I am saying, a handful of players with terrible taste and too much time on their hands spamming the boards and forcing crappy tables on the rest of us.
This just in: CGR is not Markiplier. He doesn't get millions of views per video. It's a Patreon-supported show (or at least it is now).
As for the price thing, that came straight from Bowen Kerins at Pinburgh 2012.

Spamming the boards? The last topic on here I could find regarding TX-Sector was from 2013. Sheesh.

My comments as of late are negative because TPA has given us little to nothing to write positive about lately.
You don't like F-14 Tomcat, with its super-fast play and awesome music and light show?
You don't like The Getaway: High Speed 2?
You don't like No Fear, with its ramps-and-loops-a-plenty?
You don't like Judge Dredd, with its near-endless supply of things to do?
Good grief, man, you sound like you'd find a reason to think Medieval Madness sucks, and that is THE highest-rated table on Pinside.
Why is your negative attitude even HERE?

My comments as of late are negative because TPA has given us little to nothing to write positive about lately.
Subjective statement presented as fact. No specifics addressed.

This has been the worst season by far.
Subjective statement presented as fact. No specifics addressed.

If TPA is getting their ideas for new tables from this forum PLEASE STOP!!
Then why do you play the game? At all?

No, I don't care that I'm a forum newbie talking to a Senior Member. Truth to power.
As Keith Olbermann likes to quote from the movie Friday:
"Bye, Felicia."

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
+1? I'm left cold by R911 because, Extra Bawl aside, here is a table that takes itself too seriously, and is too repetitive. Not as bad as Junk Yard in that regard, but at least JY has humor and a far better sound and art package.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
lets be honest here,season 1 ,we will never beat !!!but the seasons that have followed have been great,but not top shelf but 1 below,:cool:good variety.as for season 5 being the worst ,you got too be kidding !!!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Way to address the elephant in the room Trackball and put this to rest. If I ever run for president I want you on my side!! ;)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
You do know you can change the lighting level on tables right?

iOS is my primary platform, though when the Wii U version is available in Europe that may change. Given the code base is likely the same as PS3/Xbox 360, I have to ask if those have adjustable lighting? If so that will be awesome!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
iOS is my primary platform, though when the Wii U version is available in Europe that may change. Given the code base is likely the same as PS3/Xbox 360, I have to ask if those have adjustable lighting? If so that will be awesome!

Wii U does not have adjustable lighting.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
TX Sector is alot of fun! I played it at the Texas Pinball Festival for the first time and really enjoyed it. There was even a line of people at times to play it, and I talked to some who played it and said they really liked it. The owner had to put a not for sale sign on it because of all the inquiries. Very excited to get this in the Pinball Arcade collection!

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Wii U does not have adjustable lighting.

It also seems unusually dark...though that may not be Farsight's fault.

Wii U eShop Virtual Console games have always been a shade darker than the actual console of origin, or any other source, for unknown reasons--and Nintendo does nothing to fix that.
It's been like that since the first Wii.

Probably not the cause, but as a Nintendo fan since 1988, I had to throw this out there. So weird.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
The Wii u version appears brighter and crisper than x360 though. True of both TPA and Zen. No connection to AV system variables. Although I play TPA two older consoles, the Wii u was a small step up in clarity for me.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Wii U not having the DMD on the game pad is like "what are you doing FS?"

Seriously, though, too many platforms and not enough fixes for the existing ones. But that's a different thread...

I've never played TX Sector but it's a Gottlieb Premiere so I probably won't like it. Oh well! Still pretty happy with this season, hopefully they don't kick off the next with A.G. Soccer, bleh.

And to the guy complaining about tables because he bought a season pass, maybe don't buy season passes for games when you don't know what you're going to get.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
The TX backglass art looks lame, but that seems to be a feature of a couple of those tables (Class of 1812 and Lights, Camera, Action have to be two of the most hideous tables I've seen art-wise). The playfield looks decent though, with plenty of drop targets and that's not a bad thing.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
FYI. Apparently TX-Factor has risen in price recently, that's gotta mean at least enough people out there like it, even with the ugly back-glass! ;)

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Here's Todd Tuckey of TNT Amusements (no relation to the forum member called TNT), raving on how much he loves TX-Sector.
I just wish there was a way to turn off the attract-mode sound. Apparently there isn't an option on the real machine, so you'll have to deal with it butting in from time to time.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Here's Todd Tuckey of TNT Amusements (no relation to the forum member called TNT), raving on how much he loves TX-Sector.
I just wish there was a way to turn off the attract-mode sound. Apparently there isn't an option on the real machine, so you'll have to deal with it butting in from time to time.

----
Assuming TX is next, I don't get it. That is, the bg is not being played. It has great music/sound effects; let alone, the playfield.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I am excited now, TX Sector looks like a great game to add. Really like the sounds. Seems the only downside is the questionable backglass but I have seen so much worse, besides I wont look at the backglass at all while playing in TPA. IMO awesome end to another great season

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm finding more and more that I prefer early 90s and earlier tables, so I'll probably like it.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
excited for tx-sector - have one local - the sound system on the table is amazing - it was set too loud and was complete ear candy unless you were trying to play the pins around it...

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Apparently according to Wikipedia Jurassic Park is listed to be the next table (Table 50)
Wouldn't that be a great way to finish the season off
Well we can all dream right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts