Table Pack #51 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Indy 500, didn't see that coming. Not played it for nearly 20 years and I liked Corvette better. But it'll do, and yep good timing, the 100th running of the race was today.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If the Capcom tables really are coming, I think Breakshot would have a very nice shot... I think it was pretty popular, it's not rare*, it shouldn't be too expensive I think.

At Arcade Expo 2.0 I made sure to have Norman (producer and sound engineer of FarSight) play Breakshot, and he enjoyed himself. Right next to it was Pinball Magic, which he couldn't stop gushing about. I bring this up partially because since AE has it, FarSight is able to arrange to visit and take all the photos they need per an arrangement with the owner. Though it's not ideal, it does spare them from having to try and find one on their own and pay through the nose for it. Now truth be told, neither of those two tables are what they were worried about finding, but Big Bang Bar was. And guess what table was also at AE? :D The one other Capcom they had was Airborne, which is a ton of fun too.

The downside of maybe having Breakshot in the game is that I think it would kill the chances of 8 Ball Deluxe coming anytime soon then. I also made a point of dragging Norman over to that table, and he was really surprised at how much he liked it compared to what his expectations were after only seeing pics and vids. Either way, I think both pool themed tables are fantastic and would be pleased with either.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
June_Hint_2016.jpg

I can't find 500 things that I like about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_State_House

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Either Breakshot or Eight Ball Deluxe, the more pool-themed tables the merrier. I love using that custom 8-ball.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

[video]http://www.120sports.com/video/v180871474/rossi-wins-indianapolis-500[/video]

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Aside from Dr Dude I really love Dennis Nordman designs. And Chris Granner for sound is always fantastic. Really looking forward to this one! Racing is also always great theme for pinball.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Indy 500, didn't see that coming. Not played it for nearly 20 years and I liked Corvette better. But it'll do, and yep good timing, the 100th running of the race was today.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Eldar me either,young Rossi from California won the race at his first attempt.and our Danny boy got screwed by his own team Red Bull in the F1.:cool:

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
Looking forward to this one. Never played it but it looks like a lot of fun.

On a side note, I have played Stern's Indy Racing which was also quite good. I love the circular/whole table orbit.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I would hate to see BS come before EBD.....:)

The call outs in BS seem to be pretty repetative....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I would hate to see BS come before EBD.....:)

The call outs in BS seem to be pretty repetative....

Not just the callouts, but the game itself gets old pretty quickly. BS is a pretty easy pin to play with long ball times. It is presented well though and the ball lock mechanism is a cool idea. I like it but don't love it. On the other hand I can play EBD all day long. But opinions vary.

Indy should be a great addition. Seems to be a popular tournement pin, and those usually translate well to TPA.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

[video]http://www.120sports.com/video/v180871474/rossi-wins-indianapolis-500[/video]

Despite what I said in an earlier post, I think I500 will be a great way to kick off season 6. Never played IRL, but it's nice to have another Dennis Nordman table in the mix, especially since DM would be to much of a licensing hassle.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Soooo... I've lost track... is this table in the new season beginning?

Ten table packs per season, so 51 starts season 6. The Indy 500 callouts will be a fun way to start the season, but this isn't the Indy that a lot of people would like to see.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Indy 500 is AWESOME! This absolutely makes up for TX-Sector.

On the subject of Capcom, if they actually have the license for their games, they definitely need to do Kingpin. Not only is it the best of the Capcom tables (in my opinion), they only made NINE of them.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Not just the callouts, but the game itself gets old pretty quickly. BS is a pretty easy pin to play with long ball times. It is presented well though and the ball lock mechanism is a cool idea. I like it but don't love it. On the other hand I can play EBD all day long. But opinions vary.

Indy should be a great addition. Seems to be a popular tournement pin, and those usually translate well to TPA.

Yep, Breakshot is almost too easy. A great beginner table, but seasoned players will get bored before long. Ball times are so long for me that the real challenge is endurance. We have one down here in Indy in our new barcade and I usually leave the table with credits on the machine (and I'm proud to say I hold the GC score of 44mil... for now!).

I'm really excited about Indy 500, FS keeps surprising me with the licensed tables and this is an excellent one. Too bad it didn't come out last Friday instead of next month, the Indy 500 was yesterday!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On the subject of Capcom, if they actually have the license for their games, they definitely need to do Kingpin. Not only is it the best of the Capcom tables (in my opinion), they only made NINE of them.

Ive never seen a Kingpin in person and there is very little on YouTube for Kingpin. But it might be my most wanted Capcom as well. Getting access to a Kingpin would probably be a pretty tall order for Farsight. They've surprised us before, maybe they can find a way to make it happen.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ive never seen a Kingpin in person and there is very little on YouTube for Kingpin. But it might be my most wanted Capcom as well. Getting access to a Kingpin would probably be a pretty tall order for Farsight. They've surprised us before, maybe they can find a way to make it happen.

I've played it a few times and it is fun, but not terribly challenging. Hopefully I can get Norman or Bobby to the guy's open house this summer so they can check it out. Tried last year but timing fell through.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
When I read the newsletter earlier today, at first I thought the hint was pointing to Indiana Jones.
So I thought "Wait, the Williams one or the Stern one? The Williams one is WAY better, I hear."
But I'm more than happy with this one. Always wanted to play Indy 500, especially since it's referenced in so many other games!

Indy 500: "It's a beautiful day for racing!"
No Fear: "It's a beautiful day for skydiving!"
MM: "It's a great day for jousting!"

But, like No Fear, I'm sure they'll have to mute the names of the announcers and racers...oh well, if that at least means we get the table, then I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.