Table Pack #61 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
The ballet dancers name is patti Williams from the Pennsylvania ballet

Really? I'm thinking most people playing this game don't know much about ballet or ballet dancers.

Should have put this guy as the picture. I'm guessing a few have figured it out:

MV5BY2NjNzBjNzktZDRmNi00ODI1LWE0MWQtNGFjZWY2MjNmYzI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUyNTIyOTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Finally...some Lionman! :) Little historical tidbit. This pin was primarily designed by Steve Kirk who provided the layout for many of the classic Sterns from the early 80's. That's why it's kinda weird and not the typical System 11 you'd expect from Lawlor, Ritchie, etc. How he came to design a pin for Williams in the late 80's, I don't know. ???

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
The music is unfortunately the best part about SoF. Most of the playfield has virtually no flow and there aren't really any good shots. The upper mini-playfield is great and the progressively timed drop targets are a unique feature, but the rest of the table just suffers from poor design.

Not really sure how anyone can complain about getting SoF after the dire back half of this season.

This is a great table for TPA. It's kind of hard to find. A classic System 11, which lots of us wanted, a D&D-inspired fantasy theme, which we haven't really seen in TPA, an amazing sound package with incredible music. There's no easily exploitable shots.

I'm lucky enough to have had regular access to a SoF for the last year and recently rolled it over with a 12,359,000.

Lighting Avenger is tough, hitting the jackpot shot during multiball is extremely difficult. SoF has one of those jackpots that grows with each game played without collecting it. How does that work in TPA? Does it remember?

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
the music is awesome on this table, but wish we could have the mechanical sounds in TPA like from that vid!

The glass is off, I'm sure you know a pinball machine just doesn't sound like that in the real world, right?

edit: I see others pointed that out LOL

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Not really sure how anyone can complain about getting SoF after the dire back half of this season.

This is a great table for TPA. It's kind of hard to find. A classic System 11, which lots of us wanted, a D&D-inspired fantasy theme, which we haven't really seen in TPA, an amazing sound package with incredible music. There's no easily exploitable shots.

I'm lucky enough to have had regular access to a SoF for the last year and recently rolled it over with a 12,359,000.

Lighting Avenger is tough, hitting the jackpot shot during multiball is extremely difficult. SoF has one of those jackpots that grows with each game played without collecting it. How does that work in TPA? Does it remember?

I believe TPA games with building jackpots start at their base value when you start playing. These jackpots can build over multiple games provided you don't exit and restart-kind of like in EBD where deluxe letters accumulate in the same way.

SoF is a great way to end the season. I wouldn't call the second half of the season "dire", though I will agree it wasn't great. But I did like Gladiators and Cactus Jack's. Glad that there will be some WMS tables appearing in season 7. Hopefully FarSight also "shoryukens" us with some Capcom as well.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Because I owned a Swords of Fury. I liked it for about the first month and then realized just how boring a table it really is.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Because I owned a Swords of Fury. I liked it for about the first month and then realized just how boring a table it really is.

It sure beats Bone Busters, Gladiators, Al's Garage Band, Cactus Jack's, Big Hurt, TX Sector and Rescue 911.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The glass is off, I'm sure you know a pinball machine just doesn't sound like that in the real world, right?

edit: I see others pointed that out LOL

I know but surely your not telling me the TPA sound effects can't be improved?

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I don't know how someone can be disappointed after such a less than stellar season full of Gottliebs.

Less complaining, more LIONMAN!
latest

Btw, is my pic hinting at something that's coming for Season 7? Maybe...

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I know but surely your not telling me the TPA sound effects can't be improved?

I WOULD love a separate slider for mech sound volume control. Sure, it's not realistic, but I say take advantage of the new medium where you can.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
They improved the mechanical sound effects considerably in SPA, they even added some arcade ambient noises! I wish regular PA would get those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.