Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
You should buy the FS version of World Cup Soccer (I refuse to use the new name). It's a lot of fun. You are missing out. Don't let the minor changes ruin it for ya.

The changes on WCS are so minor that I don't even notice them while playing. Pretty much the only thing that stands out is the derpy backglass. Incredible to have the pin and it's a good conversion.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The changes on WCS are so minor that I don't even notice them while playing. Pretty much the only thing that stands out is the derpy backglass. Incredible to have the pin and it's a good conversion.

Yeah, the changes are not bad at all. I miss the big cup in the ball lock area. That’s the one that catches my eye.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
What I'd like to see happen is for us to also start speculating which table will be rendered unplayable by the next update. It seems to happen every time we get a new table. Table pack #66 totally messed up Safe Cracker-with graphical glitches on the screen during play, gibberish afterwards on the TPA UI, and a forced exit.

Since every new update seems to create debilitating bugs for (at least) one table, we should start guessing which one it will be. My guess is Class of 1812-it's been awhile since TPA has messed with a Premier table-and there's your Halloween theme right there.

cdoubleu

Apr 15, 2014
No doubt it is Ghostbusters now. After updating the latest iOS update, Ghostbusters is on the list of hall of fame scores. Say thank you!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So its the Stern Ghostbuster Premium table!!! (its on the beta testing thread).

Man this is super strange why release a Stern table on BOTH TPA and SPA?, i though all Stern tables would only becoming to the Stern app from now on....maybe there going to do away with the Stern platform and just bring everything over to TPA!!? or maybe SPA has had such a poor reception they though it would get more sales on their main TPA platform!??

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Yeah this is really weird, what does this mean for SPA?

Has SPA even been updated ONCE on PC since December 2016?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Or maybe because it's been delayed for so long, Stern decided to break their own rule for the sake of exposure?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Or maybe because it's been delayed for so long, Stern decided to break their own rule for the sake of exposure?

Makes sense...and more outlets = more profit (aside from season ticket holders, but maybe they get a percentage of that too)

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
If you own the Season 7 TPA pass and the 2nd Bundle on SPA (or the retail disc) then congratulations, you just bought the same table twice.

Not to mention that's one less table this year.

I also can't believe the clue really was that obvious. So dumb.

I wanted Spirit.

What would they have released if they hadn't delayed GB by half a year?

They're basically taking another month off and cheating (some of) us and yet the apps are still going to be broken as hell. The newest iOS update "fixes UI bugs" but the UI is still messed up.

If SPA is done it's because FS is ridiculously incompetent. The game is still buggy as hell on all platforms and it's still basically in beta.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
If SPA is done it's because FS is ridiculously incompetent. The game is still buggy as hell on all platforms and it's still basically in beta.

There not incompetent, they've just bitten off more than they can crew. They need to drop some platforms and concentrate on a few.......that said they seem to not paying so much attention to XB1 and PS4 at all as there a fair bit behind in getting tables to those platforms. Is the mobile market bigger than the XB1 and PS4??...i guess it must be as the mobile platforms are always up to date but would have thought there would be a great market on the PS4 and XB1 than mobile

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
There not incompetent, they've just bitten off more than they can crew. They need to drop some platforms and concentrate on a few.......that said they seem to not paying so much attention to XB1 and PS4 at all as there a fair bit behind in getting tables to those platforms. Is the mobile market bigger than the XB1 and PS4??...i guess it must be as the mobile platforms are always up to date but would have thought there would be a great market on the PS4 and XB1 than mobile

It has nothing to do with markets. Farsight just doesn’t care about the consoles.

You mention their competence as a developer. You do realize they’ve made mostly shovelware right?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Spreading yourself too thin is an aspect of incompetence.

Consider also that, because console tables are on a delay, they really only need to focus on Steam, Android and iOS whenever they release a new table. And everytime the game is messed up. if the table itself doesn't have issues then the UI or something will be broken somehow on one or more platforms.

I've never known a develop to be so consistent at being inconsistent.

I also think they are just awful at UI and graphic design and that has nothing to do with being spread too thin.

I've been sending emails back and forth with Farsight for over two weeks trying to get the tables I bought on iOS TPA to unlock on iOS SPA. They still haven't figured it out. So far they've gotten Harley Davidson to unlock but that's it.

Sadly, at the end of the day they are the only game in town for legal digital conversions of real tables (that aren't Zacarria), especially if you want them on something that isn't a PC. I am such a pinball nerd I keep giving them my money anyway.

If another company stepped up and made these tables with physics that were at least as good as TPA, if not better, I'd drop TPA then and there.

BACK ON TOPIC.

It is really insulting to make Stern GB the TPA table for October. As I said, if you already have Season 7 pass and SPA retail or bundle 2 you bought the table twice without knowing beforehand.

On top of that, because SPA is free to download it's not like this is a big favor to anyone. It doesn't need to be on TPA for anyone but the small percent on old hardware/firmware. And they're still missing out on Star Trek, AC/DC and Mustang anyway.

Last edited:

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
So its the Stern Ghostbuster Premium table!!! (its on the beta testing thread).

Man this is super strange why release a Stern table on BOTH TPA and SPA?, i though all Stern tables would only becoming to the Stern app from now on....maybe there going to do away with the Stern platform and just bring everything over to TPA!!? or maybe SPA has had such a poor reception they though it would get more sales on their main TPA platform!??
Its all about the money. And I know I said from the get go I wouldn’t buy any of the new stern tables unless they were on TPA. I want all my tables together not on two separate apps. Maybe there are a lot of players that feel the same way.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I do think it's sort of a wasted table slot though, since it's available in SPA. Think about it. Say Farsight only does 1 or 2 more seasons after this one. Looking back it a year or 2 from now, are players going to be happy that this precious space went to a table that is already available by Farsight in SPA or disappointed that they could have squeaked out 1 more additional table that isn't available elsewhere. Plus, does this mean there's a chance the other Premiums make take up additional slots as well? Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts