Table with Easiest and Hardest Wizard Goals?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I've also started the 26 token safe cracker goal. That's a ****ty goal as well. Not only is it massively random but the game ****s you over due to the bug where it only saves your progress atm if you get a highscore. As such I sometimes forget to go set an easy one in another table and close the app losing the tokens I'd gained that session. I've reported this to FarSight but dunno when it'll be fixed.
The other annoyance is that it's also bugged on android so you can't see your coin collection at all so I can't even morally claim I've managed to collect them all if I did.

There are people on the boards who have played SC more than 1,000 times and still only have 20-25 of the 26 unique tokens. I personally have 25. But you are right-it may perhaps be the worst goal in all of TPA-even the 3M Genie goal-also a maddening grinder-is attainable. You just have to have the patience.

BTW, good call on not trying to hack the goals. I haven't tried it yet and probably won't do so. But I hate that FarSight cannot (probably through no fault of their own) duplicate the 200M jackpot in Al's Garage Band wizard goal not popping. I know we get bugged goals every now and then (Taxi double-cross and F-14 250K landing bonus), but at least those get fixed relatively quickly, but this is one I would like to put to rest as I have achieved this five times already.

BTW-a long time ago, I earned the CP ultimate challenge goal just nanoseconds before draining the last ball. Thankfully the goal triggered. Talk about luck!!

Last edited:

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Well win Ultimate challenge finally fell. Next up is either genie 3m or Dracula 300m coffin. I was one shot away from 240m yesterday and I had to quit with at least 1 ball left due to a lack of time.

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Upped Genie score to 1.85 from 1.75. Not much but I drained 3 of the balls with EB's lit on the table and none of the balls I had managed to get more than one bonus hole shot in. I feel like a little more dedication to this table (instead of going off and doing other tables) and I could bridge the gap to making multiple bonus collects and the goal would fall.

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I'm tempted to hack the save just for Al's Garage Band's 200M jackpot. I've earned it five times, but the goal never triggered. Twice I have e-mailed FarSight about that bug and they can't seem to duplicate it. I hate it when bugs prevent you from earning an achievement that is rightfully yours. As much as I despise the tougher goals, I can handle going for them if they are not bugged. Two months after release, FarSight has finally fixed the 300M dog bonus bug in Wipeout. I would have been so mad if I had reached it and earned that bonus but got no achievement since that goal is such a grinder, and one you can only go for at the expense of everything else in the game.

Speaking of wipe out. I started this table a few days ago. Can you tell me what awards the 3 super jackpot goal? I got 4 individual ones in one game but it didn't award so I wonder if it means you need a 3x super jackpot but I don't want to waste my time chasing that if it's just one of those failed to award bugs as it's way harder because of the lame way you can't send balls up the lift until another ball has started its desent. Plus there's the very dangerous drop targets to relight the lift on each super you store away :(

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Speaking of wipe out. I started this table a few days ago. Can you tell me what awards the 3 super jackpot goal? I got 4 individual ones in one game but it didn't award so I wonder if it means you need a 3x super jackpot but I don't want to waste my time chasing that if it's just one of those failed to award bugs as it's way harder because of the lame way you can't send balls up the lift until another ball has started its desent. Plus there's the very dangerous drop targets to relight the lift on each super you store away :(

I'm pretty sure you have to get all 3 jackpots on a single ball. I think it can be separate multiball events on the same ball, but it must all be done on a single ball.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I'm pretty sure you have to get all 3 jackpots on a single ball. I think it can be separate multiball events on the same ball, but it must all be done on a single ball.

It's three consecutive jackpots on one multiball. You must hit all three gate rollovers, get the first jackpot, then relight the gates at the three drop targets. That needs to be done three times on the same multiball.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
It's three consecutive jackpots on one multiball. You must hit all three gate rollovers, get the first jackpot, then relight the gates at the three drop targets. That needs to be done three times on the same multiball.

Ah. That's easier than I thought. I thought you had to get all 3 lit before you collected them and that you had to reopen the gate via the drop targets.
I had a go this morning and using traps I found it reasonably easy to do the loop. It's just hitting the crud ramp that's a little tricky (all on android) but I'm sure I'll get the goal in the near future.
300m dog seems like it'll be the hardest goal

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I can confirm it works on one ball over multiple multiballs.

Now just 300m dog bonus to go. Any tips? Seems super random due to chances of an unlucky bounce going to the out lanes.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Jacks Open was the easiest for me, I got through all the goals (standard and wizard) within the first 2 hours of playing.

As far as hardest, I would have to vote for Champion Pub; I actually have never seen the list of Wizard goals since I have found the standard goal of the spittoon video mode to be impossible.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Spanish eyes is hard but no way is the hardest. I did that the month it came out yet I've still got 3 frankenstien wizard goals to get!

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
How do you hack the save?

I'm not going to go into detail I'm afraid. It's quite technical and As far as I know scores and goals entered my way can't make it onto the online leaderboards but I might be wrong and I don't want to suddenly find I'm banned for sharing a hack.

In a purely selfish reason. There's also a high likelyhood that farsight would prevent my method preventing me from using it in the future.

Sorry

Pod

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes, please don't share a hack. There are enough leaderboard problems as is. We certainly don't want to encourage fake scores.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I'm working on tables in release order, and am getting towards end of season 2. So far, the hardest one to complete has been Goin' Nuts 360 second goal, which took me 7 weeks. A close second is Genie's 3M goal, which took about one month. Big Shot would probably be 3rd in difficulty. All these tables have one thing in common - a really long grind, on top of being old and boring. I think Genie took 45 minutes.

One thing good about Goin' Nuts, is that it was a great exercise in handling multi-balls, as that's all you do.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm working on tables in release order, and am getting towards end of season 2. So far, the hardest one to complete has been Goin' Nuts 360 second goal, which took me 7 weeks. A close second is Genie's 3M goal, which took about one month. Big Shot would probably be 3rd in difficulty. All these tables have one thing in common - a really long grind, on top of being old and boring. I think Genie took 45 minutes.

One thing good about Goin' Nuts, is that it was a great exercise in handling multi-balls, as that's all you do.

Holy crap, what a slog! Out of curiosity, are you playing only that one table until all goals are met, or mixing it up a bit? Because spending a month on Genie and Genie alone would make me never want to play pinball again.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Holy crap, what a slog! Out of curiosity, are you playing only that one table until all goals are met, or mixing it up a bit? Because spending a month on Genie and Genie alone would make me never want to play pinball again.

I was considering switching tables, but the problem is adjusting to different physics and angles. The ball seems to bounce different from one table to another, and I found muscle memory kicks in faster if I just stick with one table at a time. Having said that I can only stomach some of these tables for so long. By week 4, I was only playing Goin' Nuts for 30 minutes a day, and then switching to a different game entirely. I always have one hard game and one easy game in the backlog, and never more than 2 at a time: https://psnprofiles.com/Eternal21

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
I wanted to mention into here, the only game I can think with a difficult Standard Goal. Being Star Trek TNG, not just starting video mode, but completing it. It took me a long time to get through that and I eventually did it on accident.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Getting the timer to 180 seconds on Goin' Nuts is a pretty difficult standard goal as well... pinball on a timer is stupid.

Members online

Members online