Table with Easiest and Hardest Wizard Goals?

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
There's 2 gold tokens out of 400 iirc so 80 for you might be 399 for others. But for arguments sake let's say 80 and 20h.
I have 2 young kids. I get maybe 3h a week home pc play if I play nothing else. So that'd take me 7 weeks.
Unlikely pc would stay on all that time :)

Its just a ****ty goal and if I worked at farsight (I actually work at rocksteady) I'd never have allowed it. I'm 99% sure I'll never bother with this goal after losing my save with 19/26 already done.

It will most likely be very close to 80. Two other guys said it unlocked around 80 for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's another bug where the draws are not truly random. You can always set up a dedicated PC on UPS power just for this goal, and play 10-15 minutes a day just to earn one token. Three months, and you're done :).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Its just a ****ty goal and if I worked at farsight (I actually work at rocksteady) I'd never have allowed it. I'm 99% sure I'll never bother with this goal after losing my save with 19/26 already done.

Prior to them doing Safe Cracker, I had talked to someone at FarSight and asked if getting all the coins would be a goal, because that did seem natural. They confirmed it, and then said they had a special thing planned for when you collected them all. Sounded great to me at the time. What I didn't know would be the part about it all resetting the virtual token dispenser each time you exited out the game, which is indeed cruel. Also, clearly there was no additional reward at the end based on the fact NO ONE has ever mentioned it, which is also a shame. But hey, at least being able to actually collect all the tokens did make it into the game, pain in the butt or not.

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
Eternal, once you finish Season 5, are you also going to tackle season 6 and 7? I think you could be the first person to (legitimately) earn those two golds!

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Eternal, once you finish Season 5, are you also going to tackle season 6 and 7? I think you could be the first person to (legitimately) earn those two golds!

Gorgar is a pro, and he already got both of those gold trophies already. It didn't take him much time too honestly. The biggest pain he had was the Safecracker goal actually, but once I gave him a tip, he cranked that one out fairly quickly.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018

I will definitely complete all the tables. I won't be the first, according to PSNProfiles ranking, at least one other person has already completed everything (possibly Gorgar), and that's not counting people who don't bother syncing with the service. At the rate I'm going I won't be done for a while, especially if some hard tables end up coming up. But where I lack in skills, I make up in persistence :). If I can do it, anyone can. I hate pinball, and the only reason I started playing it, is because I thought we would only have the initial 2 seasons to do, and it was a nice difficult game to 100% on my profile. Now it looks like I'll be stuck paying for DLC for years to come, since my OCD won't let me leave it uncompleted.

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
I will definitely complete all the tables. I won't be the first, according to PSNProfiles ranking, at least one other person has already completed everything (possibly Gorgar), and that's not counting people who don't bother syncing with the service. At the rate I'm going I won't be done for a while, especially if some hard tables end up coming up. But where I lack in skills, I make up in persistence :). If I can do it, anyone can. I hate pinball, and the only reason I started playing it, is because I thought we would only have the initial 2 seasons to do, and it was a nice difficult game to 100% on my profile. Now it looks like I'll be stuck paying for DLC for years to come, since my OCD won't let me leave it uncompleted.

Per psnprofiles, one person has unlocked Season 6 and 7 (at about the same time). Their name used to show but has since been removed, I figured it was found out to be suspicious (hacked or whatever).

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2335-pinball-arcade/117-season-6-wizard

Anyway, I agree with Tom and you, there are probably a few individuals who completed it who are pinball fanatics but not into trophies/achievements.

And I apologize if this is not the right forum, but you have talked about severe OCD, there is medicine that really helps with that (though you may already be on).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Aaah! People are talking about me.

Psnprofiles no longer lists me because I changed my trophy settings on psn to private.

Safecracker took me the longest by far until Tom pointed me in the right direction.

What I find interesting is that eternal had difficulty finishing goals that didn’t take too long (I think I did starship troopers in 3 or 4 days), but he did some of the ones that gave me a hard time fairly quickly (Dracula took me a long time)

The hardest part of the season 6 trophy is Doctor Who: Master of Time. There is one where you have to get a high jackpot (I forgot the exact amount). Once the jackpot is high, you have to get the ball through a forcefield to hit Missy, which is pretty difficult. If the multiplier is at 0, you will have to defeat her and hit her a ridiculous amount of times. The best way to do this is to utilize the multiplier, which will decrease as time passes by. Except, there is no status report, and it’s hard to tell if the multiplier is high enough. This is a really confusing Wizard goal and I chalk it down to pure luck. When I got it, I was more surprised than excited.

The season 7 trophy is kind of ridiculous. Firepower 2 is easy, but all of the rest are like Goin Nuts difficulty. Well, I remember getting World Champion Soccer quickly, but I think I got lucky.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Congrats. Did you get the roll-over bonus done on that table yet? I found it even bigger pain than the ramp one.

Yes. I don't know when and how. I played TPA for a year without taking care about trophies. I just kept playing and got 22 bronze and 22 silver trophies during last year. This year I decided to get all the trophies. I achieved 46 (3 bronze and 43 silver) this month. There were a lot of table missing 1-2 wizard goal to complete.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Completed Season 5

Finished getting all Season 5 Wizard goals. As before I'm listing the time it took me to earn each trophy (I play tables in PSN listing order, and don't start a new one, until the current one is complete):

1. Frankenstein Wizard (90 days)
  2. TX-Sector Wizard (5 days)
  3. F-14 Tomcat Wizard (4 days)
  4. Rescue 911 Wizard (4 days)
  5. High Speed II Wizard (3 days)
  6. El Dorado Wizard (3 days)
  7. Last Action Hero Wizard (3 days)
  8. Judge Dredd Wizard (1 days)
  9. Fireball Wizard (1 days)
  10. No Fear Wizard (0 days)
  11. Hurricane Wizard (0 days)
Clearly, Frankenstein gave me the most trouble here. There were two challenging goals there, the 'Score 350M Creature Feature' which required the use of timer glitch on the table. I thought would be the hardest, but was able to get it relatively quickly. The goal that stumped me was the 'Score 150M Creature Jackpot'. I didn't actually spend 90 days trying to get it, because I gave up after a week, and ended up completing Red Dead Redemption 2 instead, but I would occasionally try to play the table and just end up getting frustrated. I eventually said enough, and started playing the table non-stop. The major problem was that the shot required to turn the spinner, was right next to the ramp that would collect and reset the Jackpot. All that while trying to juggle two balls was nearly impossible, but I got it in the end.

The rest of the tables seem easy in comparison, with maybe exception of TX-Sector with the absolutely ridiculous goal of getting two balls stuck in the plunger: . This one took good 4 hours of constantly starting multiballs and hoping for the best. I've counted at least 8 times where I had one ball stuck, and only needed the second one to get in there. Rage inducing when it didn't. But I knew that given enough time it would finally work out. The other challenging goal was earning 'valueless extra ball', which thanks to Farsight's flawed goal detection system, required some crazy perparation in order to register.

Rescue 911 450M End of Ball Bonus was annoying, until I took a tip from skippycue and just focused on increasing my multiplier. Ended up getting it in no time afterwards.

Last Action Hero had two goals that sucked. The death save goal, was annoying, but not nearly as much as the two plunger balls, since you only needed to get lucky with one ball. The Super Double Jackpot Goal was much more taxing, because, not only you had to fight against the stupid magnets in the middle of the playfield, the already short 12 second timer to make the shot, was cut in half by the fact that Farsight would refuse to detect the jackpot goal, if you scored it while Earned Replay animation would be playing on display. You basically had one shot and hope that the magnets won't screw you over.

Moving on to season 6 now. It's the first one where you no longer get trophies per table, but only a single trophy for the entire season. I don't plan on playing anything else until I'm done with it, so hopefully it will be 3 weeks instead of 3 months again. At least this time I'll be able to play the tables from easiest to hardest, based on [MENTION=3125]skippycue[/MENTION]s excellent thread here.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Clearly, Frankenstein gave me the most trouble here. There were two challenging goals there, the 'Score 350M Creature Feature' which required the use of timer glitch on the table. I thought would be the hardest, but was able to get it relatively quickly. The goal that stumped me was the 'Score 150M Creature Jackpot'. I didn't actually spend 90 days trying to get it, because I gave up after a week, and ended up completing Red Dead Redemption 2 instead, but I would occasionally try to play the table and just end up getting frustrated. I eventually said enough, and started playing the table non-stop. The major problem was that the shot required to turn the spinner, was right next to the ramp that would collect and reset the Jackpot. All that while trying to juggle two balls was nearly impossible, but I got it in the end.

I agree. Frankenstein was the hardest one from all the 7 seasons.
It's not too hard to shoot 8 times to ramp when you are not going for WG. I get it using the timer glitch, but after getting that I could easily shoot 8x to the ramp that would have been enough to get creature feature WG.

8x ramp shots:

The same happening in POTO. One can collect phantom letters, and when phantom millions is coming, miss it immediately. :)

150m Creature Jackpot would be much more easier if one can shoot the spinner from the other (back) side (by shooting left loop) in order not to shoot in the ramp accidentally (and collect the jackpot before 150M) If you shoot it that way jackpot will not increase. :(

Last edited:

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
There were some WGs I was sure they cannot be achieved. BR 4 skill shots? No way. R911 450M bonus? That's impossible.
Then I saw skippycue did them, so I tried too and success. :)

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Completed Season 6

After over 4 months, I've finally completed season 6. This one is the closest I've come so far to just giving up. Here are the tables listed from hardest to easiest, based on the amount of time it took me to obtain all the goals:

1. Doctor Who: Masters of Time (29 days)
  2. Swords of Fury (16 days)
  3. Frank Thomas' Big Hurt (15 days)
  4. Gladiators (13 days)
  5. Doctor Who (5 days)
  6. Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour (6 days)
  7. Indianapolis 500 (5 days)
  8. Bone Busters (3 days)
  9. Cactus Jacks' (3 days)
  10. Eight Ball Deluxe (2 days)
  11. Centigrade 37 (1 days)
  12. Jacks Open (0 days)

Early on I've had a scare where my save got corrupted, but luckily I was able to restore from a cloud backup. If that wasn't the case I would have lost progress on all Season 6 tables up to that point, since the trophy doesn't pop until you finish all of them. After that I was using a triple backup strategy (2 USB sticks and PS+ cloud cave), and alternating saves to USB sticks, as soon as I earned a challenging goal.

All the tables were doable, but 'Doctor Who: Masters of Time' 300M Missy Jackpot was just a cruel joke on part of the devs. I spent an entire month trying to earn it, and was this close to just saying f*** it, I've got better things to do with my time. There are no indicators of what Jackpot level you're on, the stupid force field blocks all your shots, and the convoluted rules make it impossible to keep track of jackpot progression. Ended up earning it in the end, and this may very well be one of the hardest (if not the hardest) goals to earn of all seasons so far. Here's the vid (multiball starts at 10:55):

The only other goal that was a pain, was Big Hurt, where you had to nail 9 shots in 20 seconds to 'Fill the All-Star Roster'.

Now I just need to finish season 7, and hopefully never have to play this game again (fingers crossed no new tables are released).

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Completed Season 7

Finally, after nearly 3 years, my journey to getting all Wizard Goals is over. I have just completed Season 7 after about 2.5 months of frustration. The last trophy popped, and my OCD can finally let me move on with my life to other games. Season 7 was probably the most difficult season of all, thanks to the dumbest wizard goal yet. Here's a list of all tables, and how long it took me to earn Wizard Goals on each one playing about 45 minutes a day:

1. Wild Card (1 day)
2. Firepower II (2 days)
3. Paragon (2 days)
4. World Champion Soccer (3 days)
5. Sorcerer (3 days)
6. Wipe Out (3 days)
7. Ghost Busters Premium (4 days)
8. Spanish Eyes (4 days)
9. Fathom (7 days)
10. Pistol Poker (14 days)
11. Banzai Run (35 days - dumbest wizard goal ever!)

Banzai Run nearly broke me, because of how impossible that goal seemed to achieve. You need to score 4 skill shots, but the problem is, they are nearly impossible to hit, because of the way the table is programmed, and even after weeks of playing I couldn't find a way to get better than 25% success rate. I managed in the end, but it was more luck than skill, and took over a month. I believe that is the single hardest trophy out of all seasons:

The only other table that gave me serious trouble here, was Pistol Poker, but it didn't feel as bad, after having lived through the Banzai Run hell. Scoring Super Jackpot was the hardest goal here, mostly due to only having a couple shots at it, and a very unforgiving multiball setup.

Thanks for all the tips through the years, there were a lot of instances where crappy implementation would prevent the goal from triggering, and only through ingenuity of other posters workarounds were found. Safe Cracker comes to mind. Here's the current PSN Profiles leaderboard, showing just how rare these trophies are. I'm the fourth and probably one of the last people (due to the tables being discontinued) to earn all the goals. The one person that's not listed is Gorgar, who I believe is the first achiever.

trophies.png

trophies1.png

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Congratulations to Pinballwiz for getting 100% achievements as well.

Even if I had all the tables its not something I would ever get remotely close to, I am prevented by both a lack of skill and lack of determination; I'm still only at about 50% achievements in FX3, and I expect that is easier to get 100% on than this.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I'm still only at about 50% achievements in FX3, and I expect that is easier to get 100% on than this.

MUCH easier. I think there's only a handful of tables in FX3 that have frustrating goals. Venom for sure, Starfighter Assault took me awhile, Boba Fett (I hate that blow up the barrels mission), a couple others that are grindy but not bad once you get into a rhythm (DOOM, Archer) and the rest mostly just require practice on the table and leveling up the rewind ability. Tables like Portal and Calrissian Chronicles took me a lot of practice to get to the wizard mode, but at least I had fun doing it.

I gave up on TPAs goals after chasing tables like Genie and Spanish Eyes and realizing that I was having no fun playing and started dreading booting up the game. Never even made a serious attempt at all goals on tables like Banzai Run or Pistol Poker.

It was fun watching your progress Eternal21, glad you finally made it, you have more endurance than I.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
I finally got the Dr Who - MoT Missy jackpot and finished season 6. Might be the hardest goal in the game just because Farsight doesn't give any info about Missy base values or multiplier. The cybermen in the opening boss battles don't even match up to their positions on the display. Bad design and poor qa. And, they should have set the goal at 300M+ instead of requiring the exact value. Took dozens of Missy jackpots before scoring the lucky combo of base & multiplier.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I finally got the Dr Who - MoT Missy jackpot and finished season 6. Might be the hardest goal in the game just because Farsight doesn't give any info about Missy base values or multiplier. The cybermen in the opening boss battles don't even match up to their positions on the display. Bad design and poor qa. And, they should have set the goal at 300M+ instead of requiring the exact value. Took dozens of Missy jackpots before scoring the lucky combo of base & multiplier.

Congrats. I also thought it was the most difficult goal, until I had to get those 4 skill shots on Banzai. As crappy as Missy jackpot was, at least you had some control over the outcome. Those skillshots on the other hand are so extremely rare and random, that getting even 1 is a cause for celebration, never mind 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.