Bug Tables are upside down in landscape mode.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
When I turn my phone clockwise 90 degrees from portrait to landscape, the menu is correct side up, but when I then play any table it's upside down. I don't have this issue on iOS, only on Android.

dfkn4k.jpg

dpz9uf.png

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When I turn my phone clockwise 90 degrees from portrait to landscape, the menu is correct side up, but when I then play any table it's upside down. I don't have this issue on iOS, only on Android.

dfkn4k.jpg

dpz9uf.png
100% reproducable on Shield Tablet.

The issue doesn't occur when you rotate counter-clockwise. So I would think the game assumes that if you are rotating your device from portrait to landscape you are doing it counter-clockwise not clockwise.

That's why the image appears inverted. If you are running Android 5.0, where are your soft keys displayed? On the top of the screen?

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
When I turn the phone counter clockwise then both the menu and table are correct. But turning my phone that way is counter intuitive, it just feels natural to me to turn it clockwise. Maybe being right handed plays a roll in it.

The thing is that on iOS I can turn the tablet clockwise or counter clockwise and both the table and the menu will be correct side up.

The soft keys are on the right side of the menu (or top of the phone) and on the left side of the upside down table (bottom of the phone).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm right-handed and always flip counter-clockwise ;) I'm used to it after using Nokia phones for far too long before coming over to Android back when Gingerbread was the latest and greatest.

Nokia didn't know about the iOS "Every way is the right way" slogan they used in their first iPad advertisements. I remember exclaiming out loud "YES!!!" when I saw this. Still didn't make me buy one though ;)

Not only that but my Poetic Revolution case restricts the way I can orient my tablet in Landscape by it's kickstand.

Anyhow that's enough about me. I hope that [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] can improve the rotation code so that "Every way is the right way" for Android.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Not fixed in the new release, are they even aware of the bug?

TPA always stuck to one side when gameplay starts in landscape. The bug is such that. The entire app should behave this way, not just during gameplay.

This led me to download Ultimate rotation which fixes this behavior. Unfortunately it caused lots of crashes that the devs only recently came aware of. But fixing them isn't a priority.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
They could easily make it so that the menu AND the table are the correct side up all the time, just like they did on iOS. I shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party app to do what is a simple fix for Farsight.

Today they released Scared Stiff as a standalone app and that too has this same bug.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Sorry for the radio silence everyone! I finally had a chance to look at the rotation code, and found that we were only checking for Portrait and landscape, rather than Portrait, landscape AND reverse landscape. I've just written the implementation, so the fix should be in the next android update.

As always, thank you for your feedback.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sorry for the radio silence everyone! I finally had a chance to look at the rotation code, and found that we were only checking for Portrait and landscape, rather than Portrait, landscape AND reverse landscape. I've just written the implementation, so the fix should be in the next android update.

As always, thank you for your feedback.
Good work, mate. I'm sure there is no shortage of work there. 😉

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.