TAF - leaderboard already hacked

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
...and after less then 24 hours after release, the overall leaderboard has already been hacked: 519,300,621,600 points ? Yes, my friend...

:(

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well, it is a popular table after all....
Not every seemingly fishy score is a hack by the way, it is known that scores from other tables sometimes get posted to the wrong section of the leaderboards. This week I saw a hack to the Gamecenter app for TPA, that I haven't seen before.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I agree that score is obviously hacked. no way anyone could have scored that many points by the time it was posted. :)

and wow. game is so much tougher on IOS compared to pc. i 've yet to get a tour.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The #1 legit score is Tarek's (9.9B) and I imagine that was deliberate just in case there's a rollover bug going past 10B....

Android is similarly tough. My best score is around 500M, which is close to my top score IRL. My first ever PC game was 725M, by best so far is 1.7B, and I can see scores in the 3-4B range being feasible.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Mobile has always been more difficult because nudging has just one level (full force) compared to at least two levels for PC and consoles. I'm at 2.7B now on iPad, and that included a next to last ball where my flippers went dead after plunging. Didn't time the game but at least an hour is my guess.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Mobile has always been more difficult because nudging has just one level (full force) compared to at least two levels for PC and consoles. I'm at 2.7B now on iPad, and that included a next to last ball where my flippers went dead after plunging. Didn't time the game but at least an hour is my guess.

I really hope they will tone down the tilt sensor on the mobile version (don't know Android tho). It is unbalanced and for some tables having too fast ball speed, it really needs to be tweaked. Especially for HH!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I was thinking if it would be possible to code for "time pressed" when nudging. If it is a short tap, the nudge could be weak, if longer a bit stronger. I would prefer this to coding different areas for weaker and stronger nudges for example, which could also be a solution. I don't belong to the young 10-button-mashing crowd anymore and prefer my controls to be fairly simple... :) I'm not adept enough technically to know if these things would be possible on iOS or Android. It would level the playing field though (no pun intended) with PC and consoles. For now I would see us mobile crowd as the real hardcore pinball people, because nudging IRL is also quite hard :)

Edit: I decided to make a new thread about this idea

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I was thinking if it would be possible to code for "time pressed" when nudging. If it is a short tap, the nudge could be weak, if longer a bit stronger. I would prefer this to coding different areas for weaker and stronger nudges for example, which could also be a solution. I don't belong to the young 10-button-mashing crowd anymore and prefer my controls to be fairly simple... :) I'm not adept enough technically to know if these things would be possible on iOS or Android. It would level the playing field though (no pun intended) with PC and consoles. For now I would see us mobile crowd as the real hardcore pinball people, because nudging IRL is also quite hard :)

That is a good idea. Measuring the area of finger pressed could also help in addition to elapsed time. In music apps, some developers are emulating "velocity sensor" of a pad or key, which in the normal sense is impossible on the hard flat screen (measuring how fast/hard you hit the key). So, that's very doable, I think.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
------
2.7 Billion; not bad at all eh. Congrats :cool: .

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
I wish someone who had some programming skills could make us a "recorder" type of program. One that you open up before you run TPA (this idea I think will probably only work on pc though....), that will detect which table has just been opened up, and what score was just posted. Then when game is over it should automatically post it to a locked and secure thread, say on this site maybe?, and then we will know it has not been hacked. The program should maybe also contain features like detecting "alt+tab" or "win+d" to know that a possible hacking or score editing is possible going to happen and then not post the score.....I dunno, something like, anybody that can write code like that?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
sure its possible but with things like twitch i dobut itd ever be all that useful to most lol

as for timed nudging, that would onky work well if you knew thebtable by heart

i quite like zac and timeshock swioe to nudge at ,east on mobile tpas still requires you do move yiur damn fingers or use four!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
sure its possible but with things like twitch i dobut itd ever be all that useful to most lol

as for timed nudging, that would onky work well if you knew thebtable by heart

i quite like zac and timeshock swioe to nudge at ,east on mobile tpas still requires you do move yiur damn fingers or use four!

I'd like that as well, swioe to nudge!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I'd like that as well, swioe to nudge!

The timeshock swipe to nudge was way too sensitive a lot of my flipper hits registered as nudges - the last update added a "nudge slide level" - haven't played with it yet but it might do the trick.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
areed it was alittle too sensitive but i never did it by accident are you smearing your fingers or thumbs i steas of simply tapping?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just during those intense moments of gameplay (like multiball) when your thumbs are all over the place.

Or maybe the grease from pizza...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts