Tee'd Off or No Good Gophers? which is best? let the debate begin.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Nitpick, but this and most similar elements in tables are polynomial (quadratic), not exponential. The total score from things like NGG's escalating multiball jackpots runs as N[SUP]2[/SUP] with the number of jackpots, not 2[SUP]N[/SUP] which would be exponential. Compare 10[SUP]2[/SUP] with 2[SUP]10[/SUP] to see the difference.

One of the few elements in pinball that is exponential is the jackpot in Creature, which permanently doubles every time you collect a super. So its value does run as 2[SUP]N[/SUP], although N is capped at three or four iterations of doubling.

Teed Off actually has an exponential element with repeated Skins doubling, which also yields 2[SUP]N[/SUP]. Although again there's a tight cap on the number of iterations, as you quickly run out of digits on the scoreboard. If it supported arbitrarily high scores without rolling over, Skins doubling would be truly exponential.

I like your nitpick :) and stand corrected. I did a course in advanced statistics back in my college days, but that is almost 20 years ago and it didn't do anything for me here :)
Skins on Tee'd Off is hard to achieve, especially when multiple targets are lit. I didn't use Skins in my top game of 17.3B.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Look... the flipper buttons finally in their right place! And what other pinball machine lets you win a golf ball, let alone a BRAND NEW one?

image-8.jpg

We iOS players should have a definite advantage on this pin given the placement of the buttons :) that just looks like touch scheme F to me! Now if they would only place touch-sensitive glass on that thing for nudging, and we would be all set!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I wish someone made a good golf themed pinball table. I love golf (and pinball obviously), but neither of these tables do anything for me. If I would compare them I prefer NGG on a real table but not on TPA.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Like most I prefer Gophers but I also think Tee'd Off isn't as bad as its reputation suggests.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.