Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Agreed with Rudy, it's not really a problem. As long as the KS meets its goal, anything in excess of that is really just goodwill (or pre-orders). Of course, if FarSight want to put that money towards TAF, I doubt anyone can truly complain.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to see stretch goals like....
When we reach 1,000 contributors we will show a scrambled pic of an unreleased table here in the FS studios.
Doesn't cost FS anything but it gets people talking. Maybe do one for every thousand backers.
Something like that would be fun and interesting.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
If the stretch goal doesn't actually cost money, it doesn't really make sense to have it as a stretch goal. Stretch goals are there to give contributors the feeling that their excess money actually had some sort of purpose, rather than filling the pockets of the people who made the Kickstarter.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The stretch goals for FarSight can always just be for the next kickstarter even when they don't know what the next ks will be.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'd like to see stretch goals like....
When we reach 1,000 contributors we will show a scrambled pic of an unreleased table here in the FS studios.
Doesn't cost FS anything but it gets people talking. Maybe do one for every thousand backers.
Something like that would be fun and interesting.

That is actually a super awesome incentive. Why is it that the best ideas kind of cost the least money. Maybe they could even descramble it as the contributions or number of backers rise.

N

netizen

Joystiq just ran an article that mentions The T2 Kickstarter. It's a shame they didn't run an article to promote it while it was going on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/29/crowdfund-bookie-july-21-27-terminator-2-undertale-last-dr/

Apparently T2 was the KS that brought in the most money that week.

... And 3 of the 4 comments there are people *****ing about FarSight having done a Kickstarter to fund their licensing or about the gameplay itself.

If anything the FarSight trolls are dedicated.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Rosa sent an email via Kickstarter requesting which beta platform we want:

Hello Kickstarter Backers,

In the next week or so, we're hoping for your support for beta testing for T2 and ongoing... Please be sure to send us the platform you'd like to test on, please see the FAQs, as we are not able to send "hardware", obviously for consoles. I was going to make a "cute" reference to XBox, but I just cannot, we're not happy about the way that's going, for obvious reasons. We're ready for our supported platforms.

I will be making a spreadsheet, literally, please send your name, platform of choice and email address. If you have further information, or would like to share anything, please feel free to email me at .

We are grateful for you support.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012

In the next week or so, we're hoping for your support for beta testing for T2 and ongoing... Please be sure to send us the platform you'd like to test on, please see the FAQs, as we are not able to send "hardware", obviously for consoles. I was going to make a "cute" reference to XBox, but I just cannot, we're not happy about the way that's going, for obvious reasons. We're ready for our supported platforms.

I will be making a spreadsheet, literally, please send your name, platform of choice and email address. If you have further information, or would like to share anything, please feel free to email me at .

I got this too, choose PC as my platform

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Just curious, how many platforms are available for betas? I pledged for the pro pack bronze backer, so it doesn't really affect me either way. I just hope Ouya is supported for rewards somehow, despite there's no indication (yet) that they will support download codes.

Also, and I know that rumors often get started, but someone in another thread (table pack 16) said that the T2 license was only valid for two years. Does that mean that in 2015, if TPA still exists, that the T2 table will get pulled permanently? Because that would really suck. Especially since some people may not keep their current device or platform forever and may want to buy it on different platform. If there really is an expiry date, the potential exists for some people who played it previously to no longer have access to it in the future.

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Just curious, how many platforms are available for betas? I pledged for the pro pack bronze backer, so it doesn't really affect me either way. I just hope Ouya is supported for rewards somehow, despite there's no indication (yet) that they will support download codes.

Also, and I know that rumors often get started, but someone in another thread (table pack 16) said that the T2 license was only valid for two years. Does that mean that in 2015, if TPA still exists, that the T2 table will get pulled permanently? Because that would really suck. Especially since some people may not keep their current device or platform forever and may want to buy it on different platform. If there really is an expiry date, the potential exists for some people who played it previously to no longer have access to it in the future.

It's commonly known that it's a limited license due to the new Terminator franchise coming to film. People will just buy it now for $5 and play it. Why worry about which platform you're going to be playing on two years from now?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
It's commonly known that it's a limited license due to the new Terminator franchise coming to film. People will just buy it now for $5 and play it. Why worry about which platform you're going to be playing on two years from now?
Because some gamers like to be reassured that they can keep their games forever. I have an Atari VCS that's over 30 years old, for instance, and almost every Nintendo console ever made.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
When a license expires, that just means the licensee has to stop selling the licensed product. It doesn't affect anything regarding product already sold. So, if you buy T2 on iOS and (let's be optimistic!) PC next month, and if T2's license really does expire in two years (August 2015), then:

• If your PC dies in 2016 and you replace it, assuming Steam is still around, you should be able to re-download T2 for PC.
  • If you buy a new iPad 12 in 2016, assuming TPA runs on an iPad 12, you should be able to re-download T2 for iOS.
  • If you buy a used PS4 in 2016, you would not be able to buy T2 for PS4, because FarSight can no longer sell it and you did not buy it before the license expired.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013

Receieved the same e-mail also, and choose iOS as the platform to test on (since the iPhone 4S is what I play TPA on.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I chose iOS too. I'll be beta testing with an iPad Mini and if I'm able to use a second iOS device I'll test with an iPad 3 also.

I think we'll have to report the actual UDID of our device so we'll be limited to only one on iOS. Can a current beta tester confirm this?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I believe it is linked to the device. If you were to buy a new iPad they have to remove the old one and add the new one to the beta list. Welcome to all the new beta folks. I look forward to working with those that chose iOS. It's interesting and a lot of fun working with the FS team.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I chose iOS too. I'll be beta testing with an iPad Mini and if I'm able to use a second iOS device I'll test with an iPad 3 also.

I think we'll have to report the actual UDID of our device so we'll be limited to only one on iOS. Can a current beta tester confirm this?
A developer only gets a maximum of 100 iDevices in the beta test pool. Given the current beta testers, the incoming beta testers, FarSight's own internal test devices and the desire to leave room for future testers, I would assume there will only be room for 1 device per tester, unless FarSight tells you differently.

Also, if you are not acquainted with the Remote Backup Save Data and Remote Restore Save Data options, now's the time to get familiar with them. This is beta testing, after all, and sometimes the betas misfire and cause TPA to lose your save data (scores, goals, HOF points), especially when new features are being tested, so being able to do a quick restore is very nice.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Also, if you are not acquainted with the Remote Backup Save Data and Remote Restore Save Data options, now's the time to get familiar with them. This is beta testing, after all, and sometimes the betas misfire and cause TPA to lose your save data (scores, goals, HOF points), especially when new features are being tested, so being able to do a quick restore is very nice.

I'm always so paranoid about losing my high scores that I do a Remote Backup after every game session in which I enter my initials for a new high. Remote Restore is great too because I constantly switch between three devices (iPhone 5, Ipad Mini and iPad 3). The scoring system has been very stable lately but I still remember too clearly all the high-scores I lost in the "old days" of TPA.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
Yeah the upping of the entry level pledge is a must, as said to keep the trolls away and also helps hit the target quicker. Also im guessing FS wont be able to offer a pledge for Beta testers on all tables with the next KS...otherwise before they know it they'll have over 100 people beta testing!!

Maybe they could add a pledge where you can get discounts on past table season packs, or even a free table or 2 of your choice from past seasons??

They might not be able to offer Beta Testers on the next Kickstarter but if it's The Addams Family I would suggest something like a $250 donation gets the "Gold" version of the game. Make it limited to the kickstarter ONLY where you can only purchase the regular version of the game afterwards for the length of the license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts