Texas Pinball Festival 2014

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
http://www.texaspinball.com/

So, who's going? I'm seriously contemplating it... yes, I live in Australia.

I heard Coast 2 Coast Podcast talking about this one. This is the one that is less a trade event and more a "uniting the pinball world" type of event.

If I had no kids, I'd be doing it...

If you go, I would expect a lengthy post about it here, although I would imagine this goes without saying...

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
:cool:
I'am 15 minutes down the road from Frisco I live in The Colony,Texas. I'am going I already preordered my t shirts for the event. It will be my first Pinball Festival. Sooooo Excited to play WOZ and meet the folks from TPA on Saturday March 29.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I wish I could but I had already booked a vacation for the following week (in Dallas, no less!). Definitely would like to get to it in '15

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I heard Coast 2 Coast Podcast talking about this one. This is the one that is less a trade event and more a "uniting the pinball world" type of event.

If I had no kids, I'd be doing it...

If you go, I would expect a lengthy post about it here, although I would imagine this goes without saying...
Oh, definitely. I hope to be catching up with Nate as well, perhaps even crash in the same hotel (if it's not too far away and there's a pinnie or two in the lobby). Otherwise I'll just stay whenever.

It's actually fitting in well with this forum, because the TPF FB page confirmed that Farsight will be there as well.

Can anyone else think of somewhere I should go while I'm in the US? I don't know what flights within the 'States are worth and I don't want to make it a long stay, but if I could hit up the PHoF or PAPA without too much fussing around as well, I probably should.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post, so, hello everybody.

Shaneus, if you're going to be that close and you don't want to fuss around with flying all over the country, you might consider a 3 hour drive to Austin to visit Pinballz. They have around 100 machines and almost, if not everything, you'd ever want to play. Well everything except HIGH SPEED and The Getaway. (saw your profile pic, and The Getaway is my all time favorite machine)

It's five minutes from my place, so I'm there all the time. If you make it out this way let me know, and I'll come join you.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Shaneus, if you're going to be that close and you don't want to fuss around with flying all over the country, you might consider a 3 hour drive to Austin to visit Pinballz. They have around 100 machines and almost, if not everything, you'd ever want to play. Well everything except HIGH SPEED and The Getaway. (saw your profile pic, and The Getaway is my all time favorite machine)

It's five minutes from my place, so I'm there all the time. If you make it out this way let me know, and I'll come join you.

I second this suggestion as well for anyone who may be visiting the Texas Pinball Festival this year. Pinballz here in Austin, Texas is an experience of the Pinball Hall of Fame (in Las Vegas) meets an 80s - 90s vintage arcade. You won't be disappointed.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Welcome to the forum! That's a great suggestion.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
That's a great idea, OmegaDef! I suppose I shouldn't be too worried about a 3 hour trip (and I hear Austin is all kinds of badass, too). No idea how I'd get from Frisco to there, but Pinballz is enough to make me think I should add at least a few more days extra onto the trip.

I had though of it and dismissed it because it was too far away, but I now realise how damn stupid that sounds ;)

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
World Record to be Broken at Texas Pinball Festival!

On Friday, March 28th, 2014 at 5pm, Exhibitors and guests of the Texas Pinball Festival will man every available pinball machine. At the sound of the whistle, we will attempt to break the world record for “most people playing pinball simultaneously!”

TPF Exhibitors and Special Guests will be given first option to man games and participate in the record setting attempt. If additional players are needed, we will invite our guests to participate as they enter the game room.

This will be a fun and historic event that is not to be missed. Bring your pinball machine to the Texas Pinball Festival and be part of history!

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I, and those of us than cannot attend, would love to see pic or videos of anything related to the TPF! Cover it like you're bout to load a time capsule for a thousand years into the future. And, good luck!

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
All I have is my iPad 3 for photos and videos I will do my best. I'am going on Sat. 29th and staying from opening till my wife drags me away. I can't wait its only 15 minutes down the road from me and my first ever pinball event. Farsight said they will be there and I know one WOZ table will be at the event so far.
I'am running for WOZ first at 10 am!
I hope Sterns new Mustang table will be at the event.
The Schedule of Events for the 2014 Texas Pinball Festival hasn’t been set yet. I will post here as soon as I find out what the line up of events are for the Frisco,Texas Pinball Festival.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
The idea of anyone going to this and not having to fly half-way around the world to do so is bizarre to me.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Flight booked, plane tickets paid for :)

I'm flying up there on the 26th, arriving an hour before I leave and driving a rental down to Austin for a solid day or two of Pinballz fun. Driving back Friday to drop the car off at the airport, before catching a taxi to whatever hotel I stay at for the next few days... then bathe myself in Texas Pinball Festival bliss!

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Or I'm truly nuts!

Way I've justified it, is that a) I need a holiday and b) I always try to look for something to travel for overseas, but when I try to plan what to do I get analysis paralysis and wind up not going. So this way, there's only one or two things to go for and it's all laid out nicely enough.

Sure, the money could go towards a pin, but a) I don't have the room in my flat and b) who says I won't still have money for a pin after I get back? ;)

Plus, I'm hoping to meet some rad people while I'm there and increase the number of pins I've played to a ridiculous amount (I'm hoping around 400 different ones total, combining the TPF ones and the ones at Pinballz). I know Nate from Coast 2 Coast will be there, as well as all the guys doing talks like Steve Ritchie, Greg Freres, Roger Sharpe... and let's not forget the Pinball Arcade guys!

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Hey W1LDD ONE, have a small favour to ask. Would there be any way I could get a bunch of things sent to your home address and we could meet up so I can grab them off you? Shipping pinball parts to Australia is either stupidly expensive or downright impossible in some cases, so it'd be incredibly convenient if I could (but obviously understand if you'd rather not).

It's not playfields or anything like that (although... ;) ), just a flipper rebuild kit, likely some Saturn flipper rubbers as well (as they definitely do not ship to AU *at all*).

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Shaneus, Nate mentions you in Episode 62..

Also, Im thinking of heading to the festival also.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.