The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Which is what I'm still confused about. There are two possibilities: the troll or David who made the large pledge. If the latter turns out to be true by the last day, then it will be finished. He doesn't look like a troll to me; it could be that they can't afford the cost of transportation to Farsight's studio.

There's not a person alive who's going to donate nearly $6,000 to a pinball KS...come on, people. lol

As for the KS complaints, I have to agree. It's as if they haven't learned a thing from the T2 KS disaster!

First off, the lack of updates have been just outright ridiculous. You're telling me that you couldn't have posted pictures of TAF table being constructed, a video of the staff playing the table, or even pictures of POTO being constructed? Hell, I even suggested to them that they should update their Instagram with a few pictures or something...ANYTHING besides "Awesome guys, keep it going!".

(Of course, NOW they might be posted all these things this week, but it's a little late for that, don't ya think?)

As for the stretch goals, again, I would've announced them earlier, particularly when we were stuck in the 70K range. You don't have to make EVERYTHING a secret. I think most of us are probably correct in guessing that BTTF was going to be tied in with the CL license deal. They should've just said so early on, that way everyone would've been excited, even at the mere mention of the possibility of BTTF. (which would've easily resulted in more pledges and more re-pledges.)

Look, I'm glad the table is getting funded, and I don't think anyone thought that it wouldn't get funded, but why make it hard on not only yourselves, but all of the people who are trying to help you pay for this table? Just learn from your mistakes and try to do better.

So far, they're not doing so.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
The real amount is $92,443 after you take away the $6,000 bogus pledge.

We still have a way to go yet.

Last edited:

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Honestly, I dont give a **** if it looks like Chris Lloyd, as much as I loved that guys career.

Money better spent elsewhere imo.

Like hire a guy to port old tables to DX 11 :mad:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
There's one $1,000 pledge. Is that another bogus pledge or it real?

Anything over 98k I believe is legitimate. It's the six grand that got us to 98k that's bogus. So until it's verified or corrected just subtract six grand from the current total to see where we really are.

I gotta say not being able to buy multiple gold table add ons at the 100 tier is mind boggling.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
You can't help but just shake your head...why some folks go down to these levels. It might be time for Kickstarter to change their donation policy and make it an immediate charge to your account/credit card with no refunds until the project fails. Make it where you cannot donate unless you agree to this policy.

xcinder360

May 29, 2012
You can't help but just shake your head...why some folks go down to these levels. It might be time for Kickstarter to change their donation policy and make it an immediate charge to your account/credit card with no refunds until the project fails. Make it where you cannot donate unless you agree to this policy.

Agreed. I've been thinking exactly that ever since that first fake pledge on September 20th.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

Or make the current total hidden until the end.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I have no interest in Christopher Lloyd's likeness as a stretch goal. He had his chance to play and passed. I'm not rewarding him for it now.

There's not a person alive who's going to donate nearly $6,000 to a pinball KS...come on, people. lol
Twilight Zone had a legitimate $5,000 backer.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I have no interest in Christopher Lloyd's likeness as a stretch goal. He had his chance to play and passed. I'm not rewarding him for it now.

+1

It'd actually make me feel not so great for backing the 100 dollar tier. Only way I'd be okay with paying Lloyd is if it tied into a BTTF table.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

Twilight Zone had a legitimate $5,000 backer.

I don't mind CL being a stretch goal. I'd rather have a perfect table than an edited one...every... single....time.

As for that $5,000 pledge, how far did that put you back, Sean? :p

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As for that $5,000 pledge, how far did that put you back, Sean? :p
Well, I didn't play much pinball in any form for about 10 years before TPA came out. So between the game itself on two and a half platforms (the 360 really doesn't count), the four kickstarters; and the on the real pinball side coin drop, league fees, tournament fees, the two real machines in my living room, and maintenance thereof, the existence of The Pinball Arcade has directly and indirectly cost me about $20,000 so far.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
No matter how it falls, I don't think there'll be another Kickstarter again.

TAF was the most expensive one so far and easily the most popular pinball table of all time, if that barely crossed the line then anything else has absolutely NO chance.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well not a Kickstarter that is at 98k or above. I'm sure any Kickstarter tables around 55-65k would do fine.
There are only two in my mind that might possibly succeed: TSPP and LOTR. Even then, FarSight would probably need to limit the kickstarter to $100K max, and pay for the rest of the license themselves - and announce upfront that they are doing so.

To be honest, I'd rather see future "premium" tables available at an increased price rather than more kickstarters. The community has been very generous...FarSight should reciprocate, take a little risk, and produce a "premium" table with their own funds...although the appearance of Bram Stoker's Dracula without a kickstarter is a good sign.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would still like to see some additional tiers. Another level for additional copies of the gold edition would be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts