The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Taf

I hope we'll see some good news to make it jump, because it seems the kickstarter is getting really slow... I know we are not even at half of the time but... The price was pretty high for this thing...
I would really be pissed if it failed!!!
------------
+1...I sure hope TAF passes by a good, safe margin. Not by a handful of $

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I've always enjoyed Faresight's products, starting with the Gottlieb Collection on the PS 2, to the Williams Collection on the Wii and the PS 3. In fact the biggest thing I miss from the Williams Collection that is absent in TPA is the Williams Challenge.

TPA now does the Challenge, for all 4 makes.......Along with a season one challenge. I don't think S2 is up yet now, and with S3 just completing, that shouldn't be too far off.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
TPA now does the Challenge, for all 4 makes.......Along with a season one challenge. I don't think S2 is up yet now, and with S3 just completing, that shouldn't be too far off.

I haven't been on in the Ipad version in a long time, but I did log on and yes, I do see what you are talking about. It is there. However, I also logged on to the PS 3, PS 4 and the Vita, and the Challenges are not available for any of those systems. It goes back to my original argument of the lack of consistency and updates for the existing product. Oh well, maybe someday they'll get it right.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I haven't been on in the Ipad version in a long time, but I did log on and yes, I do see what you are talking about. It is there. However, I also logged on to the PS 3, PS 4 and the Vita, and the Challenges are not available for any of those systems. It goes back to my original argument of the lack of consistency and updates for the existing product. Oh well, maybe someday they'll get it right.

There are no PC tournaments, nor does the PC get HOF points.

However PC owners have "bigger" things to harp on about: DX11 support (which is always coming "after XBOne"), and cabinet support (a small but vocal minority, for what I imagine is a very demanding technical challenge; FS would probably need to hire at least one additional developer to get this done properly).

Personally I'd like to see PC tournaments and PC HOF points, but DX11 would be nice I suppose and I could care less about cabinet support. If I want to play a pinball game in a cabinet, I'll buy a pinball table (but that requires "Wife Support" and that is proving more difficult to get than publishing TPA for XBOne/X360...).

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
If I want to play a pinball game in a cabinet, I'll buy a pinball table (but that requires "Wife Support" and that is proving more difficult to get than publishing TPA for XBOne/X360...).

Lol. Yes, that "wife support" can sometimes be the most difficult obstacle in any purchase request that you may have.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
last time I checked (yesterday) the prevision from kickstarter was ok... it would be funded in the few last days....

the prevision (if it stays the same way) of now, is... pretty... bad...

exp-cone.png

farsight... do something!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If I had to guess, I would say that the fake $10,000 pledge being removed has screwed with the math the projection uses. It probably was not designed with trolls in mind.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
last time I checked (yesterday) the prevision from kickstarter was ok... it would be funded in the few last days....

the prevision (if it stays the same way) of now, is... pretty... bad...

*snip*

farsight... do something!

Again, kicktraq does not account for the burst of donations that always happen in the last week/last few days. It's not absolutely guaranteed or anything, but going by every kickstarter I've followed so far, it should be reached fairly comfortably.

e: I don't have any solid stats, but I've never seen a kickstarter fail if it reached even 1/3 of the goal during the first week, and TAF did a lot better than that.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There is, I assume, enough data out there on Kickstarters of the past that allow savvy marketing departments to figure out the optimal time to push out incentives.

However it doesn't take a genius to know that that time, is now. Double plus now.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
There are no PC tournaments, nor does the PC get HOF points.

However PC owners have "bigger" things to harp on about: DX11 support (which is always coming "after XBOne"), and cabinet support (a small but vocal minority, for what I imagine is a very demanding technical challenge; FS would probably need to hire at least one additional developer to get this done properly).

Personally I'd like to see PC tournaments and PC HOF points, but DX11 would be nice I suppose and I could care less about cabinet support. If I want to play a pinball game in a cabinet, I'll buy a pinball table (but that requires "Wife Support" and that is proving more difficult to get than publishing TPA for XBOne/X360...).
I'm on my 4th wife and I've found that life is much better when you bypass "wife support" with Her money/My money/our money.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Yep going very slow in the last few days.Not even hitting the daily pledge amount to succeed.Lack of updates or new incentives is not really helping the cause either

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Well it's Friday night and no stretch goals. Good going FarSight I'am afraid this is going to fail. I hope not but FarSight is waiting too long now to introduce stretch goals.

what a shame.....
oh well...........
Looks like the only thing FarSight posted today was the freaking hint pic and teasing folks and not making an official announcement on the next table even though Bobby King already told us.

So since they are delaying that announcement I would say they will now wait an additional week on the next table release imagine that looks like the new trend will be 3 weeks then they will make an official announcement for a new release.

Really FarSight that's all you have to post for this Friday on your FB page?????

just..sad.........have a great weekend all.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Why get worked up about all this stuff?

What does it matter if they don't follow a specific schedule and post an official announcement to the new table or post images? It doesn't impact anything and the table will still be released at, or around, the same schedule it always has been. And the stretch goals are not going to be some magic pill for adding another extra $25k in pledges.

Really to get some more significant movement they need to do a limited edition $50 pledge level where they just offer a single gold edition release on a platform of choice. If they limited it to 200 that's an easy 10K. And I don't think it would upset the $100 pledgers since you get both tables on a few platforms. Or they can just wait till the last few days where the pledges will skyrocket as is.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The version on iOS is still the 3.10.0 version. Once the .1 version is released, (although I don't know why it still hasn't) the front page has an announcement and link to the kickstarter. That should add a bit of a surge.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts