The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I would be so bummed out if it was to get the remaining actors licenses, which is what it sounds like.

Unless Mr. Lloyd/his agent have changed their tune, I don't think it sounds like that at all. I read that as "maybe there's another cheap property we can pick up with any surplus cash." I'd love to be wrong, but I think the TAF port will be sporting a Generic Fester at best.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Unless Mr. Lloyd/his agent have changed their tune, I don't think it sounds like that at all. I read that as "maybe there's another cheap property we can pick up with any surplus cash." I'd love to be wrong, but I think the TAF port will be sporting a Generic Fester at best.

agreed. I'm hoping for another paramount title table. It'd be a waste to get christopher llyod at this point unless they're worried and really want the Back to the Future pin at some point.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I would be so bummed out if it was to get the remaining actors licenses, which is what it sounds like. I mean, they made the ringmaster in cv as a hybrid of the actual and prototype versions, they made the monsters in Monster Bash look nothing like the actual toys, and they left out two songs in Creature, so they haven't been 100% accurate with their pinball tables in the first place. They will barely have to make any changes to Christopher Lloyd in the first place and the only way you would be able to notice the difference on the back glass is if you zoom into it using pro mode. I would much rather have farsight devote time to rom emulating the older tables (which one of the reasons why we haven't seen this already is because it isn't going to be very profitable to them) or do Jive Time or Ace High. Even Sorcerer would be better than Christopher Lloyd's likeness. :p

I disagree.

First off, this was a monster KS, and I don't think adding another high profile table, like TSPP, would do much. (Pledge wise) I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE that table, but I'd rather they have small goals, like trying to pay off Lloyd and Workman.

As for "Jive Time", "Ace High", and "Sorcerer", that clearly isn't going to happen, if at all. We've all been begging for those 3, and they more or less either ignore the requests or shoot them down, time after time. Again, I would love to finally get "Sorcerer", but they obviously aren't too fond of going backwards (At least not at this time) when those three tables are already out on TPHOF.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
"FarSight Studios 10 minutes ago

We are currently trying to negotiate a deal as a our stretch goal, but there is no guarantee that we will be able to do what we are going for. Hopefully will have news today! Either way, we are still looking pretty good! You guys rock!
"

I hope this means they are negotiating with Paramount to add another license to the deal. I bet 'Congo' would be a cheap get and it would be an awesome addition to the lineup. I like that machine more than Addams. ☺

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope it isn't for the likenesses. To me, it just escalates the price of other licenses and these people had their chance to get their cash. Rather than setting a precedent for higher licenses, I'd rather see the precedent set for removing non-essential likenesses to get the tables we want produced. I know many will disagree as they are in favor of the all or nothing approach. I am in favor of tables where the gameplay and the overall experience is unaffected.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I hope it isn't for the likenesses. To me, it just escalates the price of other licenses and these people had their chance to get their cash. Rather than setting a precedent for higher licenses, I'd rather see the precedent set for removing non-essential likenesses to get the tables we want produced. I know many will disagree as they are in favor of the all or nothing approach. I am in favor of tables where the gameplay and the overall experience is unaffected.
I'm right with you on this.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just a friendly reminder for those that may have missed it.

I'm going to have to kindly ask that we keep this thread focused on The Addams Family Kickstarter itself. Any further posts referencing a certain issue in the Kickstarter comments section will be deleted.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

+1

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014

+2

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I'd like to see it be getting the rights for Lloyd. Don't care about the other guy.

Rights for Lloyd mean costs go up for everyone else, yes? I'll "settle" for another table announcement. [mutters "Seawitch" to himself]

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I'm not familiar with kickstarter. It's the first time I follow one.
Unless there's a rush in the last few days with or without a good stretch goal it seems that if it's funded it will be in the last few days...
We are going to be on the edge of our seats gentlemens ^^

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I'm not familiar with kickstarter. It's the first time I follow one.
Unless there's a rush in the last few days with or without a good stretch goal it seems that if it's funded it will be in the last few days...
We are going to be on the edge of our seats gentlemens ^^

Actually, we can pretty well bank on a rush in the last 72 hours. There's a consistent pattern with Kickstarters–you have a massive surge in the first 72 hours, followed by a comparative lull in the middle, ending with another surge in the last 72 hours. I sincerely doubt that the fans will let the opportunity to get THE single most requested table for TPA slip through their fingers–rest easy, my friend!

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Stretch Goals

Word! I am right there with you. Sorcerer is far too good of a game to continue ignoring and has every reason to be made (requests, polls, previous release). I would love to see the stretch goals be used for supporting a couple tables that haven't been made or a license that would be pretty small on its own but not necessarily so huge it would require a kickstarter
--------------
Getting Sorcerer or the like (as an add-on) will definitely make my day eh. :cool:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts