The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
It will probably get funded just based on the trend so far, but this is the most expensive KS they've done yet, isn't it?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It will probably get funded just based on the trend so far, but this is the most expensive KS they've done yet, isn't it?

Yes but it's also the most recognizable pinball table of the last 20 years. It is going to resonate far more with casual pinball players and nostalgia junkies than TZ, ST:TNG, or T2 (and the circumstances around the T2 KS were somewhat different from what I understand - I wasn't around for it though).

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012

Yes. Star Trek TNG was actually over $75 ($22500 from the leftover funds of TZ's kickstarter), and yet Addams is another 25K higher than that. Imagine what Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Marvel need....$125K?

Freddy may actually be a 'piece of cake' to do after all.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Yes but it's also the most recognizable pinball table of the last 20 years. It is going to resonate far more with casual pinball players and nostalgia junkies than TZ, ST:TNG, or T2 (and the circumstances around the T2 KS were somewhat different from what I understand - I wasn't around for it though).

Off the top of my head, it was just a complete disaster that somehow managed to get funded.

• They didn't even announce the Kickstarter until the second day.
  • The Xbox 360 situation was still fairly ambiguous, and even today nobody's sure who was telling the truth about all that.
  • I can't remember if it had launched on PC by then, I think the PC version launched in between it getting funded and the table being produced.
  • It was nowhere near on target with a week to go until they used that beta backer reward tier.
  • It felt like there was no advertisements for the campaign anywhere, I remember that the Devs thought it was a great idea to add a link to the kickstarter in the Android Beta thread, even though at the time it seemed like such an obvious thing to do.
  • And after all was said and done, that really strange post from the ex-PR person on Farsight

Just everything about it felt rushed, and to be fair it probably was given how they had such a short amount of time to get the license working before it was ripped out of their hands. I really get the feeling someone made a mistake with the Kickstarter and did it a month earlier than they wanted, which caused the colossal backpedaling because it'd have been even worse PR to cancel it and start it again in a month's time after some places were already starting to advertise it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That, and when you ask someone to think of great Williams/Bally tables of the 1990s, TZ, ST:TNG and TAF will all be popular answers. T2 isn't quite in the same league.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Rudy, thanks - that's even more than just the "we had to rush it we were on a limited timeframe" than I'd heard. Yeah, sounds strange indeed.

I first picked up on TPA around the end of 2013/early 2014. I do remember running around trying to find a Steam giftcard so I could convert the cash I won in the work Superbowl pool into a Season 3 pass! So a lot of the goings-on are still quite new to me.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
A FarSight employee announced her resignation in one of the Kickstarter updates for T2. It was extraordinarily awkward.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

karl

May 10, 2012
The Papa guys will do a special Broadcast next Wednesday about The Addams Family to help out the kickstarter. What a nice bunch of lads! :cool:

They are also going live today on twitch for some World poker tour and more fun stuff. Did I say what a nice bunch of lads they are :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I had to go back to find the update, it was back in Aug 2013.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day/posts/582713

I think it was kind of appropriate for her to post it on the KS page as she seemed to handle most of the KS issues and questions. But I dunno all the details.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, she was the customer service rep. So given there was going to be a sudden lack of responses for customer service concerns, it was appropriate to put that info out via as many avenues as possible. It did seen rather sudden which suggests she gave minimal notice when she left, or she was dismissed. I vaguely remember she made some comments that were off color and maybe one or two that were unprofessional but is have to go back for the specifics.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Bit over 10 days to go and no new updates for a while.
Would have thought there would be something by now :(

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
While I did exhume the dead horse to answer a question, let's move on from speculating about it. FarSight's personnel matters aren't really our business anyhow.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Yeah let's talk about why Farsight has not announced any new updates for a while.
Stretch Goals looking less likely.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yeah let's talk about why Farsight has not announced any new updates for a while.
Stretch Goals looking less likely.
Normally I'd counsel patience, but yeah, ten days is too long between updates. A kickstarter is not something that benefits from passive management; you really have to feed a campaign updates regularly to get the most out of it.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Normally I'd counsel patience, but yeah, ten days is too long between updates. A kickstarter is not something that benefits from passive management; you really have to feed a campaign updates regularly to get the most out of it.

That's right.Only 3 updates until now.Not good enough in my opinion.Thankfully the kickstarter is doing well but introducing some new incentives/rewards would have definately helped the cause even more.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That's right.Only 3 updates until now.Not good enough in my opinion.Thankfully the kickstarter is doing well but introducing some new incentives/rewards would have definately helped the cause even more.

They said they were hoping to have something to announce last night. That clearly didn't happen but maybe that will come this evening?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.