The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think they have to release the table as it actually was. Their license doesn't allow mods. So no gum balls in TZ, no Fester in the chair, and no color DMD. I assume the color DMD would be a no no. Shame though.

Yup, that's what they've always said.

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
Never thought it would make it.But really glad everyone can get the chance of playing this fine table.

I will deffo be donating as its a touch heavy to carry mine around

Addams_Family.jpg

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Never thought it would make it.But really glad everyone can get the chance of playing this fine table.

I will deffo be donating as its a touch heavy to carry mine around

Addams_Family.jpg

Great picture FARSIGHT should ask to use it to promote the kickstarter.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I havn't chipped in to any TPA Kickstarters yet, but I have to other Kickstarters. I think this'll be the first one where I chip in, whatever level gets me a 'free' copy of the table on Steam. :)

Banditboy67

Mar 30, 2014
Hi all,
Being new to all this... Dumb question time....
How does this kickstarter work, how do you donate and how much?
If you donate do you still need to buy the game when released?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I hope there is a gold edition
How good would that be
Shame we wont get the color DMD

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
Did you post that pic on the Farsight Facebook page? If not, you should.
Very nice pic.

I don't do facebook but farsight no doubt will have TAF
already at their studio.
Just a case of putting a custom message on the display.
I have the colour dmd installed at the mo and obviously this won't make it into the kickstarter version.

However it will be great to get a portable version

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Why Kickstarter over retail sales?

Kickstarter is how you can let the dedicated fans give you way more money. T2 got more than half of its money from tiers at $75 and up. There's nothing Farsight could do at retail that would get that many people paying $75 for one virtual pinball table. Kickstarter might not look any different than retail at the low end of $5 or $10 support, but the upper end goes way higher. We pinballers of all people should understand that - you can get way more points out of multiplied jackpots than ordinary mode shots. :)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
There's nothing Farsight could do at retail that would get that many people paying $75 for one virtual pinball table.

To be fair you get the table on multiple platforms and of course the higher tiers come with additional rewards. So you aren't just spending $75 or whatever on just a single table. Plus its going towards a table that the company wouldn't have done otherwise.

If the higher tier value is worth it to me I'm in. I came close to putting $150 in to a Kickstarter for a Kaiju anthology where at that tier an author would make you a victim in their story. Where else would you have the opportunity to appear in an actual published book and be killed off? Regretting now I didn't do it as it would have been worth it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Kickstarter is supposed to be used as a kind of barometer of whether there's actually a market for what you're selling before making a potential money losing commitment. If FS just went straight to retail and it didn't sell as much as they needed, they are on the hook for committing to the deal they made for the license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.