The Arcade in Brighton, Michigan

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Made the hour drive to Brighton and played a couple of hours of pinball (and one game of Dig Dug to burn off the tale end of my tokens.) I played my best on Attack from Mars, and my wife kicked my butt soundly in three games of Cirqus Voltaire. Most pins are LED equipped and $1 per credit, with a few 50¢ EMs. It feels odd to pay 50¢ for 3 balls. EMs should always be set to 5-ball play.

They do have some rare pins. I saw King Pin, Flip Flop, Laser War, Lights Camera Action and Nine Ball. The best EM that I saw was Golden Arrow. They also had the common Capt. Fantastic.

Three pins that I would surely have played were turned off (such is pinball.) Addams Family, Eight Ball Deluxe and Whirlwind were all unplugged. I'll be back for another visit soon, I'm sure.

Maintenance quality was generally top notch. The TotAN only had one-ball multiball (sob.) Another pin had its tilt sensitivity set to unplayable. Flipping the flippers was enough to set it off.

Got some time in on Indiana Jones, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Theatre of Magic and Wizard of Oz. I'll have to make a run there just to play modern Sterns. They've got quite a few.

Last edited:

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
A dollar per credit for modern pinball machines and only half of that for the earlier ones? Sounds like the modern ones are more popular than the electro-mechanical ones. The pinball machine closet to my area, Dale Jr, takes 75¢ per credit and I have yet to get a decent score (I either need a lot more practice or the solenoid for the right flippers needs some tweaking).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
A dollar per credit for modern pinball machines and only half of that for the earlier ones? Sounds like the modern ones are more popular than the electro-mechanical ones. The pinball machine closet to my area, Dale Jr, takes 75¢ per credit and I have yet to get a decent score (I either need a lot more practice or the solenoid for the right flippers needs some tweaking).

I can safely say that at $1 a credit you're getting a bargain compared with Aussie prices. In some arcades, you are getting stung A$1.40 for a questionably-maintained table.

I was perfectly happy to fork over $1 to play WoOz at Free Gold Watch. Heck I even put in eight quarters so I could get a bonus play.

If we had a new Stern Star Trek in proximity to my home location, I would expect to pay close to $2/play so the operator could recoup costs.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

That or the maintenance and upkeep is more expensive. Which typically, it actually is as technology has advanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts