The Best Music in TPA?

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
WH20 for me. It would be even more enjoyable if the sound quality on iOS was better.

The least they could do would be to use stereo sound, because even with nice headphones, it's very mono sounding and one dimensional.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Sound -- There's actually sound on these tables;) - :p .

I have my tablet on mute 99.5 percent of the time I play TPA. I am either listening to music or TV when playing TPA. A good mix tape of great tunes can get one into the pinball groove.

The one table I do like the sound on is Monster Bash.

N

netizen

No-one cranks Goin' Nuts?

I usually turn up the volume when I get to the wizard mode or if i am really zoning out on the game, no matter the table, otherwise I keep the volume lowered.

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
I love the 50's style music that plays throughout CFTBL. Medieval Madness is great as well.

Dr. Dude annoys me to the point where it affects my enjoyment of the table.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
TZ's integration of the Golden Earring song is implemented very well. Too bad it didn't get the DCS treatment. Chris Granner (sound guy on TZ) has always said that it was tough to hear TZ because he had originally done the music for the new DCS system but, when he was told it wasn't ready, he had to compress it for the pre DCS sound board. Needless to say, he always sounded very disappointed in that happening.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
From the current tables I like the music in Monster Bash and Creature from the Black Lagoon best.

With the rest I usually listen to some background music, which someday soon (hopefully) we will be able to do right on the PS3 XMB.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Glad others like Elvira.

I'm a big fan of FM Synthesis chips from the late 80s which is what is used on all Alphanumeric Display and some early DMD games (like T2!!).

It's the same setup you find on most arcade games of that era, advanced PC's like the X68000 and home consoles like the Sega Genesis/Megadrive.

My favorite soundtracks in Pinball Arcade include BoP, PB, Whirlwind and EatPM.

Throw F-14 Tomcat in there if it comes.

My favorite music in the game is actually Cirqus Voiltaire. I can'tt really explain why... It just reminds me of being at an amusement park when I was 13. It's got some incredible hold on me and while I can't remember exactly what is so special about that year, it's got this very strange effect on me almost makes me cry to hear. 2nd place is Elvira every track on EatPM is really composed well and very unique... Like funky gothic rock or something very hard to describe.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Bride of Pinbot every time. I love how the electro stylings of it suit the theme so perfectly. It's the only game where I actually look forward to hearing certain themes (high score / end of game music especially).

I've never been a fan of videogame of pinball music. Probably because I'm an electronic musician myself and I find the sound from those late '80s FM chips pretty tinny. I do absolutely love the fx generated from early-'80s games though, particularly the Williams ones. Stick them through a decent speaker and they sound amazing.

TotAN and AFM also rank pretty highly. Again, I think it's because the music fits the theme so perfectly but isn't so intrusive or repetitive as to get on your nerves (unlike CV, which my wife grew to absolutely hate).

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Monster Bash, definitely.
I don't like the music itself, but paired with the table, it's just perfect for the theme and mood the table represents.

night

May 18, 2012
I like the voices of Black Hole & Centaur, great mood setter. Not music, please. Just give me the electronic kling klang sounds.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Banzai Run!

Well it will be once it makes its way onto TPA :)

As for tables out now, AFM,MM,TOTAN,MB are probably the best ones fit me. Though I have a soft spot for BOP & Taxi.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Centaur without a doubt. TOTAN i nice too.
I'm surprised som many like Whitewater, I can't stand the Yee-haw-mentality myself.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
This is gonna be a long one...

For me it's CftBL, Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, Whirlwind, TotAN, Gofers, Dr. Dude (the first music, at least), Pin*Bot, Taxi, FunHouse, Champion Pub and Star Trek TNG.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts