The greatest original music in all of pinball

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Swords of Fury - Multiball
https://youtu.be/YJ8iIGHp6Zs

I've only encountered one Swords of Fury, at the Louisville Arcade Expo this last spring. Only got to play it twice before they shut it down for the weekend due to malfunctions. Suffice to say, I could barely hear the music at the convention and I never got to multiball... Then yesterday I discovered this while scraping youtube for pinball ringtone themes and it blew me away! I'd known of the table but only through photos, always thought the art and theme was awesome. But this music beats all.

I know everyone says BK2K has the best music, and it's pretty sweet, but this is just PUMPIN'. Are there any other hidden nuggets of musical glory out there that aren't in TPA? I've played a lot of tables but a lot of the time you can't really hear the music or you don't get to the mode with the sweet tunes.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Tommy and GN'R of course.
BK2K is great (the best ?).
And I kind of like Black Rose music (especially when the main theme switches with the sink sunk music).

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I'm a sucker for the sounds on the System 80 machines.

So obviously TX Sector is on the list; Night Moves has some funky music; and I have always liked the music on LCA even if most don't like the game.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
NGG is pretty damn rocking. It doesn't get "heavier and heavier" though, it's just one tune change, when you get a jackpot, same thing that Addams and Road Show do.

As usual, there's a ton of great Williams entries but Monster Bash ranks on top of them. Every monster has its own rocking theme, plus Monster Bash and Mosh Pit as well.

Tommy and GnR -- the thread is asking about original music, do those have that, or just the band's songs? If preexisting songs qualify, then the answer is AC/DC or Metallica.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Tommy and GnR -- the thread is asking about original music, do those have that, or just the band's songs? If preexisting songs qualify, then the answer is AC/DC or Metallica.

Tommy has songs from the movie/album, so doesn't count.
GnR is all GnR songs, one of them is (apparently) only available in the pinball, but the rest aren't.

Really I'd discount both those.

Oh, and KISS is currently winning on the pre-existing songs front, though put me in front of an AC/DC and I'll change my mind. Sadly the local Metallica is in a movie theater where you can't really hear the music from the pin, plus the Walking Dead next to it is also quite loud.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014

Tommy has songs from the movie/album, so doesn't count.
GnR is all GnR songs, one of them is (apparently) only available in the pinball, but the rest aren't.

Really I'd discount both those..

You're right guys. My bad.
Still love the music though.

karl

May 10, 2012
In less than one year, Brian Schmidt did the music for Banzai Run, Swords of Fury and Black Knight 2000(with Dan Forden and SR). Beat that if you can :cool:

Those are 3 of the best pinball soundtracks ever made, in my opinion.

I also enjoy the music for Pinbot, Twilight zone and Mousin' around very much. The music for those games just fit the theme so well

During the 90' Chris Granner and Dan Forden had an pretty impressive run at Williams.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Clearly the greatest pinball music is the avant-garde, minimalist stylings of the music of El Dorado City of Gold or Haunted House.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I do love BK2000. I love that Queen, Flash Gordon/Highlander soundtrack feel when the voices chorus in. Something so great about it.
Swords of Fury is really good too, doesn't have those voices singing though...

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
MB has the best rock music, very similar to the multiball tunes in NNG, Monster Of Rock differing in that it has vocals. :)

arakno1

Feb 1, 2016
Clearly the greatest pinball music is the avant-garde, minimalist stylings of the music of El Dorado City of Gold or Haunted House.
Well everyone has is own taste but for me el dorado city of gold is the most annoying/non musical/not even in rhythm / almost racist piece of crap i never heared
Haunted house is genius but nothing to do at all with el dorado, haunted house is directly inspired from a masterpiece by JS Bach, Toccata y fugue in d minor, big ben strikes, along with a few original horror sounds but its music. Well thinking about it you're right its genius but not really a "soundtrack" though.

Has to be Black knight 2000 by Brian Schmidt, Dan Forden and Steve Richie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPGtzmStq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
AC/DC if you include music pins.
If not I like TX-Sector, Taxi, Genesis, as well as many others y'all have already mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.