The History of Pinball

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I just saw the option to stream "The History of Pinball" for $4.99 in the new Videos menu. Does anyone know the running time and what year it was produced? I watched the trailer and judging by the denim shirts (with ties) it was definitely made in the 90's.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just saw the option to stream "The History of Pinball" for $4.99 in the new Videos menu. Does anyone know the running time and what year it was produced? I watched the trailer and judging by the denim shirts (with ties) it was definitely made in the 90's.

It's like an hour and fifteen minutes. Not sure about the year.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

1hr. 3 min. + about 9 min. bonus footage. Copyright 1997.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's kinda sad when they start talking about the "Future of Pinball" not knowing what's going to happen in 2 years.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
After watching the trailer, I'm sure I've watched it on YT before. Actually, I think it was linked to somewhere in this forum and I downloaded it before it happened to be pulled. Was well worth it, from memory.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
This was awesome and T2 had a big presence in the video. Of course Farsight totally dropped the ball not mentioning the Kickstarter anywhere in the update. Sheesh do they want it to fail...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I hope it's better than hte one on Netflix called "Special when Lit".
After watching it - its clear the title is a play on words and they make many of the players look "special".

I did enjoy a lot of the tables and all, but some of the players were cringe enducing.
"S I X T E E N M I L L I O N !".... /cringe.

I believe this is the same DVD I tried to buy from Amazon last year, but thy were sold out. Someone was also selling them on eBay.

karl

May 10, 2012
I hope it's better than hte one on Netflix called "Special when Lit".
After watching it - its clear the title is a play on words and they make many of the players look "special".

I did enjoy a lot of the tables and all, but some of the players were cringe enducing.
"S I X T E E N M I L L I O N !".... /cringe.

I believe this is the same DVD I tried to buy from Amazon last year, but thy were sold out. Someone was also selling them on eBay.

I see a lot of negative views on that documentary. I actually like it a lot. Granted it's a little different than other pinball documentaries with all those colorful people(and maybe there is one or two to many of them in the film) but I find it refreshing and there is a lot of other stuff in the documentary, not just pinball originals. Curios to know if it is just the part with the Special people when pinball lit bit that made you not like it or if there are other factors too.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Special when lit had a king of kong vibe when profiling the players IMO. Other than that, the interviews with industry folks was really good.

karl

May 10, 2012
Agreed :) I enjoyed The king of kong also so maybe I am drawn to the strange lot. I can understand the view that some people think the docu makers ridicule the game of pinball and hurt the reputation of the game but i do not see that at all. It only brings color to or hobby and what a boring life it would be without a few special people (in the positive sense) Most of them is seam to be a happy bunch (maybe except the video guy segment. That was a bit over the top and probably should have been left on the cutting floor)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's just documentaries like Special When Lit group together too many eccentric types and just doesn't represent the fans well.
That one collector with the crazy hair and "half shirt"?
made me want to give up the hobby for a while.

They must have made him look more pathetic on purpose. Why would someone dress like that?!?
With his gut hanging out loud and proud. I mean, he has to have decent money to buy machines like that and he knew they would be filming that day, so he squezes into an extra small Where's Waldo baby Tee and lets it all hang out. I don't buy it.
7i1aDxA.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.