The Hobbit Pinball released artwork

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Luckily movie-lycenses, regardless of how good or bad the movie was, don't have the same disasterous effect on pintables as they do on computergames.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, that's some cabinet art there. Would you seriously pre-order without seeing one lick of what the actual play field looks like?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yep, that's some cabinet art there. Would you seriously pre-order without seeing one lick of what the actual play field looks like?

Why not? I ordered mine as soon as it was announced. Which was in November I think, so this is the very first pic info that we've had on it.
We have WoZ as an idea of how much higher quality JJ is building and from Jacks comments this one should be an improvement over WoZ (plus it costs 1k more).
Also if you change your mind (or can no longer afford it etc...) it is completely refundable so there is no risk at all.

Knowing all that, why wouldn't I order it sight unseen?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I guess if it is completely refundable, that's something.

I'm just not a fan of putting money down if I don't know exactly what I'm paying for!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Make your own than! if dont like it dont play it....really dude? If I have a choice of a williams over a stern Im playing the williams, unfortunately my arcade only has stern so I play them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's why I can't buy online for electronics. I need to see it in person, put my fingers on it, run it through my own little gauntlet of tests. I'm looking for a new computer monitor, and though online has narrowed my choices down, I still need to see one in person. Just found one I was looking at in Costco, and just having the ability to feel the plastic of it's bezel told me about the quality I could expect from it. A car may have leather seats, but tell me there isn't a difference between Mercedes leather and Ford leather, right?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I guess if it is completely refundable, that's something.

I'm just not a fan of putting money down if I don't know exactly what I'm paying for!

yes it's refundable up through the end of this year. By then We'll probably know all about the playfield, prototype toys, animation work etc...
I'm expecting to be thrilled with how it turns out, but if not no biggie, I'll just cancel.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts