The Norman Stepansky appreciation thread

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
First off, and to put you in the picture, the wife is away for the weekend. And while the wives are away, the boys will play!

So I've been thinking for a while that I really should connect the PC up to the big TV and subwoofer system in the living room. This weekend, I've been able to do just that! Typing from here now :)

Over the period I've been beta testing the PC version of TPA, I've been confined to the small screen, and it's pretty decent little speaker system. But playing TPA this weekend has been a revelation. I'd say, I first noticed the difference in sound while playing Firepower, which just sounds incredible! The 'power' of the sounds is something else. You really do miss that when playing on a set of small PC speakers.

Then I moved onto Gorgar.... oh yeah, now we're talking! Centaur? Hell!

The newer tables sound just as good too. Whitewater sounds like you are playing the real machine.

Yes, some improved mechanical sounds wouldn't go amiss (would love to hear that T2 skull whack, when locking the ball), but overall, credit where it's due.

Mr. Stepansky, I salute you. I thank you and all the original pinball machine sound designers.

You are often overlooked but this weekend, at least in my living room, you are gods! :)

Cheers, Norman.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Norm is the man. If you ever find yourself lucky enough to start up a conversation with him, do so. He is highly entertaining and filled with good stories. He treated Centaur as if it was a beloved child according to Bobby.

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
November 1st shall henceforth be Stepansky Day, during which excellent music and sound shall be played throughout.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.