The Pinball Arcade Is AVAILABLE NOW! On Xbox LIVE!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Did FarSight actually state anywhere that the advanced lighting effects were going to be available immediately upon release, or did we all (myself included) just assume that from the timing of the uploaded video?

Either way, I'm hoping that the eye candy just wasn't ready in time for Microsoft's certification procedure and that it will show up in a future update.

Actually, when FarSight released the pics of the new lighting, they stated it was a representation of what they were working on at the time, so yes, it may be possible we just all assumed the lighting was finished and ready to go at launch. FarSight, care to fill us in on this?

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
The pictures Farsight posted on Facebook are labelled "PS3 Screenshots of Launch Tables".. So maybe the lighting will be for PS3 only initially..?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The pictures Farsight posted on Facebook are labelled "PS3 Screenshots of Launch Tables".. So maybe the lighting will be for PS3 only initially..?

Then I'm curious as to why FarSight would send xblafans a launch trailer featuring the same lighting knowing xbox 360 users would be watching the trailer.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
They didn't get the memo, lol. My nieces and nephews are busy hogging my 360, so I won't be able to dive into it until later tonight.

It's a great game Jeff, but don't dive in without looking first. Basically, just lower your initial expectations a notch and you'll be fine. ENJOY! :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's a great game Jeff, but don't dive in without looking first. Basically, just lower your initial expectations a notch and you'll be fine. ENJOY! :)

Thanks man. Reading about the graphics not being as nice as the videos/screenshots is a bit surprising. I'm sure Farsight has a reason for it.....and hopefully an update will bring it up to that level.....but for now, as long as the physics and gameplay are solid (which it sounds like they are), I'll be very happy.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks man. Reading about the graphics not being as nice as the videos/screenshots is a bit surprising. I'm sure Farsight has a reason for it.....and hopefully an update will bring it up to that level.....but for now, as long as the physics and gameplay are solid (which it sounds like they are), I'll be very happy.

Physics and gameplay are definatley solid IMO, but the overall presentation just lacks that WOW factor.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Sorry, the game itself is great, but the lighting and overall presentation looks nothing like the latest video uploaded by xblafans on YouTube. At only 184mb, there's no way the game contains all the eye candy FarSight promised us. I'm hoping they were just trying to get the game out to the public and that they're looking to address this in a future update. I know FarSight won't let us down.

I hadn't seen their videos until you just posted that (I went and found it on youtube).....You're right it does look different...Almost like the game is being played in a darkened room......I was meaning it looked like the videos Farsight had posted over the months.

I dunno I still think the game looks pretty amazing.....but I'm still astonished I can hold a simulated real pinball machine and in my hands (with the iPad)....Coming from a pinball player on PC's from the early 90's....I reckon I'm easily impressed :p

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I dunno I still think the game looks pretty amazing.....but I'm still astonished I can hold a simulated real pinball machine and in my hands (with the iPad)....Coming from a pinball player on PC's from the early 90's....I reckon I'm easily impressed :p

I agree with you on that and I hate to say it, but even with the lower res graphics, The Pinball Arcade looks more polished and realistic on my HTC EVO 3D than it currently does on my Xbox 360. Just my opinion and I hope FarSight updates the Xbox 360 version soon cause it has more than enough power to blow away the Android version with ease.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
What are you guys using as your monitor for your 360s? Tv type, size, etc. So far I've of only played this on my 32" Samsung, but I think it looks way better than my phone or tablet. The smoothness of the ball movement is night and day better.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
What are you guys using as your monitor for your 360s? Tv type, size, etc. So far I've of only played this on my 32" Samsung, but I think it looks way better than my phone or tablet. The smoothness of the ball movement is night and day better.

I'm playing this on a 47" LG 120hz 1080p HD tv and all my games including WPHOF look crystal clear. The ball movement isn't what we're talking about, it's the overall graphical presentation that IMO looks less than stellar and less realistic than my lower res Android version. The new lighting that was present on the latest trailer is missing completely.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. The lighting and textures could use a little work, but the gameplay itself is great. The sounds are awesome too. It's nice to actually hear some bass after playing so much on my iPad. I'm looking forward to seeing where Farsight takes this....and of course new tables.

Last edited:

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I'm on a Vizio 32" @ 720p, Graphics don't look nearly as good as PHOF but the gameplay is a ton better.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I don't like the graphics on TOTAN as much as on 360 PHOF, but Black Hole looks way better than the one in the Gottlieb PHOF. Gameplay wise, I find it to be much better than PHOF and it seems to be much more accurate to the real tables.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012

I actually have my console connected to a computer monitor over HDMI. It's a nice 36" LCD from about two years ago, not sure the actual model or specs. So admittedly some of the texture resolution, anti-aliasing, and framerate issues are going to look worse to me at 18" away from a PC display than they will to people on couches several feet from TVs.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I'm using the last plasma pioneer made, RIP Kuro :-(.
It's a KRP500a, i think they were called elite 151 or something in the states. Awesome and sadly missed today in the plasma market.

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
I just downloaded the trial demo as a few posts had me worried. Gotta say I'm somewhat surprised at the graphics, not what I was anticipating at all. The gameplay is far better than PHOF .

Might sit this one out till they announce they're gonna sort something.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm using the last plasma pioneer made, RIP Kuro :-(.
It's a KRP500a, i think they were called elite 151 or something in the states. Awesome and sadly missed today in the plasma market.

Here, here. I have a 50" Kuro and you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands. TPA looks awesome on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.