The PS3 "super patch"

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The only thing I could imagine people arguing is the PS3 MP3 background music, or the distinct volumes, but my guess is that THIS IS the patch, they cant let us down again... cant wait to play this game again, even the newest-oldest tables(Class, Victory, etc...) I didnt bothered to play a lot after the WH2O bug...

Cheer up guys, its tomorrow!

What did you hear about the addition to play MP3 in the background?
I've been asking for this since 2008 with WPHOF, and again recently, but they've gotten back to me saying it definitely won't be in this patch, but they will continue to look into it. (translation... Probably not in this lifetime :( ). It's too bad since this would allow us to play the amazing Arcade Ambience tracks and make it sound like you are playing these pins in their proper locations.. AN ARCADE.

Arcade Ambience for those that are not familiar are free mp3 tracks (an hour or so long)
with many sounds of the old arcade. A glorious thing really. :)

Arcade Ambience 1981 (65 minutes) - 80 Meg

Arcade Ambience 1983 (66 minutes) - 91 Meg

Arcade Ambience 1986 (71 minutes) - 93 Meg

Arcade Ambience 1992 (65 minutes) - 89 Meg

Mp3 playback and online co-op play would make Pinball Arcade perfect IMO. This would give me the closest feeling to what I've always enjoyed most... That is, playing pinball in a packed arcade with my best friends. They've all moved away, but they own this. It would be great to be able to chat and play online with them.

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Just downloaded. After quick look, some tables have some details changed. Flippers are much more responsive!

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Hmmm, the patch doesn't appear to have rolled out for me yet (on PS3 or Vita), and I'm in the UK.

In all honesty, I was expecting to have to wait until tomorrow, so it would be nice if I do get it today, as I can't wait to try all of the tables out in 3D!

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
What did you hear about the addition to play MP3 in the background?
I've been asking for this since 2008 with WPHOF, and again recently, but they've gotten back to me saying it definitely won't be in this patch, but they will continue to look into it. (translation... Probably not in this lifetime :( ). It's too bad since this would allow us to play the amazing Arcade Ambience tracks and make it sound like you are playing these pins in their proper locations.. AN ARCADE.

They didnt said anything about it(did they?), I was just quoting the other guy who was saying that people would still get angry about other missing features in this patch.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Its 5pm(uk), and still no patch... Lets hope that farsight is not doing any sick jocke with the patch...:)))

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
What about the tables to be downladed again? Too many/few? Black Rose and Fish Tales are out?

Every table but the ones that came in the main 4 tables and first 2 dlc packs has needed a download.
Those were apparently fixed in the patch itself because Cirqus didn't need a download and it did have the lightning stickers added to the neon tube light.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts