The PS3 "super patch"

mastercontrol65

Feb 8, 2014
The (Yellow) dome lights on CV are not working like before....PLEASE, can someone help me as to how to fix this issue??? Other that that, it plays great...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Well, lack of time during the week was incredibly aggravating for me, but I completely deleted TPA and re-installed it all. I got it all up and running again. I was pulling my hair out trying to get Cue Ball Wizard and El Dorado to update before the redo. All is good now. I like the new S3 tables, but I wonder......how long until PS3 gets the other S3 tables that are already released on other platforms?

Think I'll wait until the weekend to redo the Vita version. Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness are refusing to update on it. Sigh...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I think Farsight has done a great job with this patch. Everything looks to be much improved!
Perhaps we can compile our own changelog based on comparisons from pre-Super Patch data.

I've updated a few things from my original post, but if anyone has anything to add please let me know.

Added to TPA via Super Patch:
1. More responsive flippers
2. Stereoscopic 3D *press triangle /\ and use right analog stick to adjust strength.
3. Audio mixing via sliders (sound effects / table music / menu music)
4. ...

Changes noticed on tables:

ATTACK FROM MARS
Pop bumpers are improved
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone

CIRQUS VOLTAIRE
The screen is much brighter and looks fantastic. Perhaps they are using a higher resolution scan?
The neon reflects on the insides of the table (nice effect!)
The whole table feels less floaty and much more fluid.
Ringmaster looks more 3D and polished looking.
Added lightning bolt sticker on neon tube & sticker to left of DMD on back wall & sticker on the highwire ramp

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Probably the best looking table now!
Sharper table graphics
Rails look more golden and now cast shadows onto table
Ramps cast light differently and are a deeper red

DR DUDE
Wow! The colors really pop on this.
Not much else noticed.

HARLEY DAVIDSON
Table contrast and color saturation has been adjusted. No more "pale rider" ;)

STAR TREK TNG
Table is no longer giving off a pink hue
The table is much brighter and colors more vivid
The gamer angle for probe launching has been improved
The blue shield lights above the Enterprise are now correctly aligned

TEE'D OFF
No more pink hue
Palm trees look improved

T2 JUDGEMENT DAY
Colors are more accurate.

TWILIGHT ZONE
Better colors (no more pink hue)
Pop bumpers have a better than texture and look better when lit. They have a shiny 3D look to them.
Metal ramp looks improved
Gumball machine looks awesome now!

WHITE WATER
It no longer crashes the PS3! :)
Table graphics are much cleaner
Colors are more accurate

BLACK KNIGHT
No more scorch mark on the playfield!
Balls don't travel through the table.

CACTUS CANYON
Improved colors
Better camera angles (you can now clearly see the right outlane.
Guns look better (might be from better lighting?)

NO GOOD GOPHERS
Contrast and muted colors were adjusted.
The playing field might be a little bit too dark compared to other tables.
Ramps are a nicer and more colorful shade of blue.

ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone

FUNHOUSE
The plunger now pulls back all the way

FUTURE PATCH REQUESTS ...."Mega Patch" ? ;)

1. Ability to play custom music either via the XMB or in game menu. (Would be perfect for Arcade Ambience mp3 background sounds!)
2. Online co-op play with option with voice chat.
3. The Pinball Arcade main menu overhaul.
4. Lighting day/night slider. (This was discussed by Farsight quite a while ago, but as of yet, not implemented.)
5. Improved pinball flyer scans (1920x1080 pixel or higher would be idea for consoles)
6. Further refinement and replacement of blurry table graphics (I.E. CFTBL - Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane.)

Added a few in red if you want to check them out

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Squid, have the ball physics of RBION and the other original tables been improved? IMO they are a lot more floaty compared to the later tables.

I don't know if it's a placebo effect or anything but it feels like the floatiness has been toned down a bit. I really don't play Black Hole or Arabian Nights all that much, if ever but, I tried 'em out just for you. I had the ball whipping around pretty good on both but I really wasn't trying to play a proper game on either one. Theatre felt a lot snappier. I was having trouble making some shots that I am used to. Ripley's felt almost the same but I try not to get the ball flying around on that one so much of the floatiness seemed mostly unchanged. It does feel like the flippers have a better response all around and I never had a problem with flipper lag to begin with.

@ Mr. Spoonman. The rails have always casted a shadow on Ripley's but your other observations are spot on.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
The flipper lag that I have experienced in the past is still there, in case people wonder if sth. has improved. Playing in 720p is the best option, as usual. With the patch the table look so much better now, it's awesome. Fantastic job by Farsight!

You're in Austria? It means you play with an US account? Or as I read your lines, the patch is available in Europe? (I'm at work, can't check)

I think Farsight has done a great job with this patch. Everything looks to be much improved!
Perhaps we can compile our own changelog based on comparisons from pre-Super Patch data.

I've updated a few things from my original post, but if anyone has anything to add please let me know.

Added to TPA via Super Patch:
1. More responsive flippers
2. Stereoscopic 3D *press triangle /\ and use right analog stick to adjust strength.
3. Audio mixing via sliders (sound effects / table music / menu music)
4. ...
[...]
[...]
5. Improved pinball flyer scans (1920x1080 pixel or higher would be idea for consoles)
6. Further refinement and replacement of blurry table graphics (I.E. CFTBL - Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane.)[/COLOR]

Added a few in red if you want to check them out

You should create a new topic "Megapatch changelog" or something like.

Great posts, thanks for the feedback both of you.

By the way, I guess there's still no HoF points?

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Tann,

I use my US account, which turned out to be a good decision.

HOF points are not available and neither is the new challenge mode. That one will be a welcome addition although the challenge is not that hard. In the old PHOF you could easily be stopped by 3 bad games at "Sourcerer".

Hated215

Feb 17, 2014
Alright.. Pinball arcade fan since it's release and lurking here for a minute.
So far so good with the new patch..
Gamma is turned down on tables needed.
Game breaking bugs fixed, tables look way better and all of that good stuff..
I bumped into a bug, but I can't reproduce it.
Shooting at the ring master hole in CV..
The ball made a sharp right behind the ring master, kept going and flew through the table.
Off the screen to the right, but it registered as a sink and popped the ball back out.
So it's not a game breaker but it is a visual bug.. It happened once.
I can't produce it again.

All in all. Great job FS! All the Euro users need to stop bickering at FarSight.
It's not FarSight's problem.. It's sony's just like the Pack 20 re-download bug.
Sony messed up the assets in the download of the US version.
So think about how their messing up the release of the Euro version.. Getting it ready.

Bicker at sony and not FS, guys.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
All in all. Great job FS! All the Euro users need to stop bickering at FarSight.
It's not FarSight's problem.. It's sony's just like the Pack 20 re-download bug.
Sony messed up the assets in the download of the US version.
So think about how their messing up the release of the Euro version.. Getting it ready.

Bicker at sony and not FS, guys.

Useless statement, as nobody has barked on FS, except GregoroV who was a little upset by the lack of info (although there was two posts from FS... in the previous pages).

All the others guys put the fault on Sony Europe (especially me, as I was sure there would be problems with Sony EU).

We are enough frustrated (moreover, there's no hint the patch will be available next week -I guess it won't), so we don't need that a guy, in his firt post, gives us lessons.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Useless statement, as nobody has barked on FS, except GregoroV who was a little upset by the lack of info (although there was two posts from FS... in the previous pages).

All the others guys put the fault on Sony Europe (especially me, as I was sure there would be problems with Sony EU).

We are enough frustrated (moreover, there's no hint the patch will be available next week -I guess it won't), so we don't need that a guy, in his firt post, gives us lessons.

Thanks.

I didnt barked on FS, i cant bark - im not a dog. So please dont use such insoulting analogy.
For strange reson, i realised that i cant see some posts, or nicknames of some users appiear different. Could be because i use otside app to manage this forum. And i had right to point out, miss information from fs.
To make it clear, FS is doing great job but could spent 5min time, to makes things clear sometimes. And i understand that lots is sony foult. Peace

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I didnt barked on FS, i cant bark - im not a dog. So please dont use such insoulting analogy.
For strange reson, i realised that i cant see some posts, or nicknames of some users appiear different. Could be because i use otside app to manage this forum. And i had right to point out, miss information from fs.
To make it clear, FS is doing great job but could spent 5min time, to makes things clear sometimes. And i understand that lots is sony foult. Peace

I think the main issue people are having with your comments are FS did take the time and it was made clear. It kind of removes the right to complain when they did spend the 5min and were on here and vocal about the issue giving us all the info they had. FS didn't give misinformation and shouldn't take the blame on this one. You can be unhappy about the delay (Sony's fault) but you can't really fault FS's communication on this one.
Viewed on a normal web browser they are listed as FarSight employees with dark blue names.
I know you were unaware of that at the time but looking back ya can't really blame them for a issue that is on your end with a forum viewing app. They are trying to be as up front and clear as they can.

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Issue with my posts? Was i offensive or something? I given my opinion, nothing more. A bit of criticism even miss used dont hurt.
I think saying to somebody that is barking like a dog is an issue. But we all have different standards, dont we? I didnt ment to offend anybody, and i dont think i did anything which is crossing any forum discussion rule. I have nothing else than a respect for FS work, but we all can criticise, rightly or not as long we are not offensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts