The PS3 "super patch"

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
When asked how it could possibly be released in January given that it hadn't been submitted and given that Farsight always state Sony has a lengthy approval process I received no response :-(
The "lengthy" approval process only applies to new PS Store content (games and DLC). Patches/updates have a different approval process and it's goes to a different team. An update/patch can usually launch as early as 24 hours after submission. Depending on how this super patch is applied, it could go either or way since the PS Store team will need to be involved in updating the DLC. However, since the DLC is already there. The updated tables may be handled by the patch/update team instead.

I was talking about this just recently with a Tecmo rep, because I'm surprised at how quickly they were able to update Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. They announced they just submitted a patch to Sony and the next day it went live.

Last edited:

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
Sony plays favorites, remember that. They've been known to bend the rules for the more recognizable companies.

That's not really the issue here though man cause its not like Sony doesn't realize Farsight exist since Sony took Farsight to E3 and set them up as part of the Sony booth to show off TPA. Also Farsight delayed TPA launch on the Eu Psn by a whole 3 months because Sony were offering them a promotion deal that they just couldn't pass up. Fact is man I love Farsight for their mostly brilliant work but they have MAJOR issues in meeting most of the launch time frames that they themselves publish to us end users. (I'd hate to be a wii-u owner that delay is insane)

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
The latest information from the farsight Facebook rep is this direct cut & paste from Facebook -
The Pinball Arcade The megapatch and the january release are 2 separate pieces of content, the patch coming out in january adds the new tables and some minor adjustments, the megapatch will follow, and is not guaranteed for january.
Like · Reply · 3 hours ago

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The "lengthy" approval process only applies to new PS Store content (games and DLC). Patches/updates have a different approval process and it's goes to a different team. An update/patch can usually launch as early as 24 hours after submission. Depending on how this super patch is applied, it could go either or way since the PS Store team will need to be involved in updating the DLC. However, since the DLC is already there. The updated tables may be handled by the patch/update team instead.

I was talking about this just recently with a Tecmo rep, because I'm surprised at how quickly they were able to update Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. They announced they just submitted a patch to Sony and the next day it went live.

Sony doesn't allow updating of DLC. They have to roll all the table updates into a title game update. FarSight has already confirmed that their title game updates take 4 to 6 weeks for the PS3 with most of them falling to the high side of that spread.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
after the MEGA PATCH BS Imma say it CAN happen but at what co$t? mobiles and PC kinda get a free pass but PS3 it cost $ to support an ongoing project, props to FS fore treding unecasary waters but fer F! sakes WE ARE STILL ALIVE! dont kill us like xbox! We are the PROUD the FEW...I've spent more on LED's for REAL pins! I actually look at the screws and bolts you use FS! Keep it up,except the deception and blatant LIES!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
The latest information from the farsight Facebook rep is this direct cut & paste from Facebook -
The Pinball Arcade The megapatch and the january release are 2 separate pieces of content, the patch coming out in january adds the new tables and some minor adjustments, the megapatch will follow, and is not guaranteed for january.

Thanks for the info, Darrell.

Sounds a little like a damage control. :p

Not a big deal, though. We can wait a few months more, now. ^^

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
It's hardly a "broken product". Get a sense of perspective.

I have perspective. Bride constantly screws up on 2 player games. BK is a mess and has balls flying off the table. CV is very glitchy and has balls flying off. TZ gets stuck in the gumball machine. Wh2o freezes when you finish a game. A number of games lose track of the amount of balls you have and that kills the game. The pop bumpers on AFM barely work. We have that table and CC that hit invisible things that cause a SDTM. Genie you can hardly see anything...
I've spent over 100 bucks on the product. Sometimes you get lucky and don't have a problem. But it's still a mess.

If it was any other product that behaved this wonky like a toaster, TV, car, you would return it for being broken.
FS has dangled a carrot saying they were going to fix this stuff for at least a year. How long ago did we hear about the BK fixes? Whats worst though is stuff reported in the iOS and Droid betas still makes it into the PS3 version over a month later. So they know it's broken and cant be fixed yet they release anyway.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Well, they're fixing things.

Which is good they are finally getting around to it. I just can understand it sapping the patience of some people. It's been said that it would be soon for the last year...after all that then seeing it get bumped from a December to a January to a probably not until Feb...Just feels like dragging ya along BS again. This patch is our Duke Nukem Forever ... lets hope it turns out better.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
FS has dangled a carrot saying they were going to fix this stuff for at least a year. How long ago did we hear about the BK fixes? Whats worst though is stuff reported in the iOS and Droid betas still makes it into the PS3 version over a month later. So they know it's broken and cant be fixed yet they release anyway.

Well put. Fixing bugs and keeping paying customers happy has never been a priority for FS. Instead they've been rolling out new platforms and new tables (and thus creating more revenue). That will not change folks.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
We're lucky they're even patching the PS3 version. A lot of developers are leaving it for dead and moving on to the PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts