The PS4 is five tables behind at this point - any news on the update schedule?

KayTwo

Apr 19, 2016
The PS4 is five tables behind at this point again now?

I asked during the Indy 500 twitch stream when the next update for PS4 will be. The response was soon.

Don't know what that means, but with all the issues with the new UI, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm guessing that now that Season 6 has released, they need to update PS4 to the new UI before release.

Wish they had just added the remainder of Season 5 (which I bought a pass for) to the old UI. I could wait for Season 6 and the new UI.

big_kick

Jun 10, 2013
No annoucement in newest newsletter, next update won't come before Pack 52 IMO.
I have no interest in new UI, I need more tables.

big_kick

Jun 10, 2013
Now six tables behind... And there is no announcement about PS4 on newsletter. Bad news is better than no news IMO.
Will Doctor Who come to PS4 in 2017?

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
In all honesty, I would rather see the numerous bugs on the PS4 version stamped out before they even consider offering new tables. Currently on PS4 it's unacceptable, even more so since it was the debut version with DX11 graphics.

Also it's telling how the table releases and build quality (yikes) slowed down once the Xbox One and PC DX11 versions were released.

Last edited:

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
It's now August 11th

Rescue 911, Last Action Hero, and TX Sector are listed in the official website as being a part of season 5. The website has Big Hurt and Indy 500 as officially being a part of Season 6. My best guess is they'll wait until all the season 6 tables are finished and then make one huge update to the PS4. Have no idea whether on the ps4 they'll add 911, LAH, & TXS as an update to season 5 or if they'll include them as part of a larger than normal season 6 package. It's all wait and see right now... :confused:

karl

May 10, 2012
I could be wrong here, but I believe that (in past at least) they have tried to release the Halloween table as close as possible to that actual date, on all platforms?

It also makes sense in regard to the Dr. Who kickstarter awards. If it comes out in October on consoles, they are no more than a month later than Steam/IOS with kickstarter rewards.

So we might be looking at October. Just a guess, though.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
In all honesty, I would rather see the numerous bugs on the PS4 version stamped out before they even consider offering new tables. Currently on PS4 it's unacceptable, even more so since it was the debut version with DX11 graphics.

Also it's telling how the table releases and build quality (yikes) slowed down once the Xbox One and PC DX11 versions were released.

As preface, I believe that those who play only on consoles, and not on mobile devices or PCs, should have some kind of timely access to more of TPA's latest tables. Playstation and XBox console supporters have had to wait months on end for new content. The 360 hasn't had any new content since May of 2015 (and they had to wait nearly three years since season 1's 3rd pack). WiiU owners were teased by FarSight's claim that TPA was available, and they had to wait four years before they could even play ToTAN.

I was going to fully support the PS4 version of TPA, but with delays in content, combined with game-breaking bugs and headache-inducing sound break-ups and pops, I decided to support the PC version instead. It is sad to see that few (if any) improvements have been made to the PS4 version. The reality is that the PS4 and XBOX One versions should be fighting for the title of best version of TPA.

IMO, I don't see how FarSight can continue to support so many versions of TPA. I say that with total caution, knowing that the PC version could just as easily be on the chopping block.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
As preface, I believe that those who play only on consoles, and not on mobile devices or PCs, should have some kind of timely access to more of TPA's latest tables. Playstation and XBox console supporters have had to wait months on end for new content. The 360 hasn't had any new content since May of 2015 (and they had to wait nearly three years since season 1's 3rd pack). WiiU owners were teased by FarSight's claim that TPA was available, and they had to wait four years before they could even play ToTAN.

I was going to fully support the PS4 version of TPA, but with delays in content, combined with game-breaking bugs and headache-inducing sound break-ups and pops, I decided to support the PC version instead. It is sad to see that few (if any) improvements have been made to the PS4 version. The reality is that the PS4 and XBOX One versions should be fighting for the title of best version of TPA.

IMO, I don't see how FarSight can continue to support so many versions of TPA. I say that with total caution, knowing that the PC version could just as easily be on the chopping block.

I remember when the PlayStation sections of this forum were bustling with activity. As soon as the PC version was released pretty much everyone jumped ship. And when we do get an update there's a little burst of activity, but unfortunately it's mostly pissing and moaning. I can see why FS doesnt really put the time into the console versions anymore. Say what you want, but semiannual updates pretty much mean just that.

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I remember when the PlayStation sections of this forum were bustling with activity. As soon as the PC version was released pretty much everyone jumped ship. And when we do get an update there's a little burst of activity, but unfortunately it's mostly pissing and moaning. I can see why FS doesnt really put the time into the console versions anymore. Say what you want, but semiannual updates pretty much mean just that.

Because every new patch made all the old tables worse. More moved to the PC version because a lot of the problems that plagued the PS4 were fixed in weeks in the PC DX11 beta that has never been fixed in the PS4 version in YEARS.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
So, what? Console money doesn't spend as well as PC money?

Ahh....a fellow Clevelander! I think I might have asked you in the past what part of Cleveland you were from. Forgive me if I have. I was born and raised there.

Anyway, I was super disappointed when I saw the newsletter and didn't see anything new for consoles.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I think we're gonna get all the tables up to and including Doctor Who, hopefully not too long after it's released. They usually like to get Kickstarter tables out asap on all formats to avoid annoying backers, so I think we'll get them all in one hit.

You read it here first (unless you already read it somewhere else).

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I think we're gonna get all the tables up to and including Doctor Who, hopefully not too long after it's released. They usually like to get Kickstarter tables out asap on all formats to avoid annoying backers, so I think we'll get them all in one hit.

You read it here first (unless you already read it somewhere else).

I think that would be the obvious option. They're already kind of late with releasing tables on consoles. I'm not sure on Doctor Who though. We'll see.

What I'm sure they will do is at least finish out Season 5 and possibly add a table or 2 to Season 6. I hope you're right about Dr. Who though. I would love to see it soon.

I say this with no disrespect to FarSight. I hope they fix most of the problems that plague the PS4 version. PLEASE MOST OF ALL...fix the leaderboards for friends. We have never had that feature since TPA launched on current gen consoles.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.