The Random Thought Thread

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'd take the under, since both their past Superbowl wins have come by fewer than 5.5 points (pretty sure OT games don't count on the under/over... I may be wrong... okay I have no idea how the Vegas books handle OT games, given the winning margins can only, at that point, be 3 or 6 points).

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Or 2 points.

The world needs more OT safety wins.

Hmm. Okay.

I know that it could never happen in the NFL because of their OT rules (touchdown = immediate walkoff with no PAT attempt), but in a College game, could the defense run back a blocked PAT for a 1-point safety? I don't even know if they can run back a fumble/interception on a 2-point try for a safety, even in regulation. That just makes my head hurt.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Now I made the mistake of reading up on the rules for scoring a 1-point safety. My head hurts. Suffice it to say, an NFL game cannot end on a 1-point safety in OT, since it requires a touchdown to have been scored, which will end the game.

Technically I guess a college game could end on a defensive 1-point safety in OT, unless the ball is ruled dead on any kind of turnover arising from a 2-point try in OT. Especially from the 3rd OT onwards where all tries must be for 2. But it requires the offense to fumble, the defense to recover, then fumble themselves, then probably other crazy stuff. I can't even.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Basically I think it would have to go like this:

-OT1 (or 2) happens
-Team A scores a touchdown during their possession
-They fail to score an extra point or 2-point conversation, leaving them with only a 6-point lead
-Team B gets their possession
-They score a touchdown
-Obviously they'd opt to kick the extra point, since they only need 1 point to win
-Kick is blocked and recovered by Team A
-Team A player with ball somehow gets backed into his own endzone
-Gets tackled, Team B wins since they have one more point after both teams have completed their possessions

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd take the under, since both their past Superbowl wins have come by fewer than 5.5 points (pretty sure OT games don't count on the under/over... I may be wrong... okay I have no idea how the Vegas books handle OT games, given the winning margins can only, at that point, be 3 or 6 points).

The over/under opened at 47 in Vegas. And it goes by total points (by both teams combined) scored at games end. So it would include overtime points as well.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I never follow odds . I watch just about every team sport on this planet . 6 things I look for 1 team cohesion 2 heart and never give up 3 skill and individual skill 4 great crowd support that lifts a team 5 great team captain 6 great team coach or manager :cool:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I never follow odds . I watch just about every team sport on this planet . 6 things I look for 1 team cohesion 2 heart and never give up 3 skill and individual skill 4 great crowd support that lifts a team 5 great team captain 6 great team coach or manager :cool:

Sounds like a NE WIN.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Eagles are a very good team. Put in a backup QB and kept on hitting on all 8 cylinders.
I lived 40 miles north of Boston in the early 60’s. I’ve stayed a fan of all the Boston teams.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
12 of the last 13 Super Bowl winners wore white jerseys for the game. As the home team New England had Jersey choice. They of course selected white.

This is a rematch of the Super Bowl from 13 years ago. New England won Super Bowl 39 by a score of 24-21 over Philadelphia.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak and Naildriver thanks for all the info , yes I think it will be a close match . I just can`t wait . you know how some people love all types of music , well that`s me with sport , I just love when you get 2 great teams facing off . see I really don`t follow any teams , I stay neutral ( except when I`m with my son ,we always pick opposing teams ) and really enjoy the games , I always cheer for what ever side scores . now that`s a little wacky !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts