The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
to all the Women out there , happy International Women`s Day !!!:cool: to cap the day off , we have the World Cup Final of the Women`s T20 cricket at the MCG ( Melbourne Cricket Ground ) . 75,000 tickets sold already , I think they'll get 95,000 at the Final . good luck to both sides Australia vs India .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
highlights from the first match of the T20 World Cup Australia vs India , how funny they meet each other in the Final :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I was out by 9,000 they got 86,000 . Australia did really good , they hit there straps . India got stage fright , it was there first World Cup Final , they`ll be much better for the experience .
:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
as a over the top sports lover , I`m all for suspending all sports for 1 month , then have a look at the situation . there are times when sports are on the bottom of the totem pole .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`ve been to do the shopping , bloody idiots going nuts over toilet paper , is it the same stupidity in your neck of the woods ?:p

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
They could suspend all sports for a decade and I'd never notice.

And yeah people in Murica are stupidly hoarding everything too. If you ever have any reason to think to yourself "I wonder if the Americans are also giving in to this dumb sensationalist bs." the answer is always going to be yes.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Citizen , what do people think , the shopping centres are going to run out . and with this virus usual stuff , wash hands and stay away from big crowds . finished my rehab yesterday , we cleaned our hands before and after at the hospital , oops , and we cleaned the equipment after we finished as well .:cool: .

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
They could suspend all sports for a decade and I'd never notice.

And yeah people in Murica are stupidly hoarding everything too. If you ever have any reason to think to yourself "I wonder if the Americans are also giving in to this dumb sensationalist bs." the answer is always going to be yes.

The 2009 "Bird Flu" was more infectious and killed many more Americans than this SARSv2 will, but we now have instant Worldwide news on our phones and it doesn't take much to get a hashtag trending to spook the lemmings. Sadly, there will be permanent changes to our liberties once this is all done (in about 2 to 3 months).

Regarding toilet paper, here in America we have cancelled most schools (For a week or two, but they will extend this to likely the end of May), so parents are freaking out about sundries that they wouldn't normally need throughout the week. But then you get certain types that are looking to flip items for a quick buck. Ebay has banned most of these, but check your craigslist and facebook marketplace, there are some real pieces of work and this isn't just a "Murica" problem.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Covid-19 vs. the 2009 virus:
1. We didn't know how may died in the US a decade ago until several years later. Misdiagnosis made the death toll initially much lower. It wound up being around 12,000 deaths, but the total number took about 4 years to come up with.
2. There is no way to know how many US fatalities there will be from the current pandemic. Clearly, we already know that the death rate is significantly higher than the worst flu seasons. I don't recommend panic, but I also can't recommend making light of a deadly flu. I have a mother in her 80s. She is far more vulnerable than most Americans. Isolating many of us protects the most vulnerable. The biggest risk is the economy, and not our already-threatened civil liberties. Fortunately, capabilities to work remotely are also significantly improved since 2009.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Covid-19 vs. the 2009 virus:
1. We didn't know how may died in the US a decade ago until several years later. Misdiagnosis made the death toll initially much lower. It wound up being around 12,000 deaths, but the total number took about 4 years to come up with.
2. There is no way to know how many US fatalities there will be from the current pandemic. Clearly, we already know that the death rate is significantly higher than the worst flu seasons. I don't recommend panic, but I also can't recommend making light of a deadly flu. I have a mother in her 80s. She is far more vulnerable than most Americans. Isolating many of us protects the most vulnerable. The biggest risk is the economy, and not our already-threatened civil liberties. Fortunately, capabilities to work remotely are also significantly improved since 2009.

The real number is total population divided by deaths for both events (And the 2009 H1N1 is now part of our seasonal flu). The testing being done for coronavirus is one that tests for all seasonal coronaviruses, not just COVID-19.

Anyway, you may want to look at some actual numbers in South Korea and Japan. However, I agree with you that we should do everything we can to protect all our neighbors. Hope you and your family remain in good health.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
k88dad , like you , my main concern is my Dad , he`s 87 and hasn`t been in the best nik . there is no need to panic , our boofhead pollies have left it to the expert doctors , thank God !!!! . they said things will change on an hourly basis . as of tomorrow all football codes men and women will be played behind closed doors . as usual we follow like sheep hehe , we`re good at that . the Governments biggest concern is for the elderly , and we have a bloody lot of them . when it comes to the elderly we look after them .

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
so many cases are popping up around me in boston right now. seems to be spreading very fast. The grocery stores are being picked apart by crazed animals here now, and i really didnt expect it to be that bad so heads up to all you folks in places that havnt had a ton of cases pop up yet, once you do it will get bad at the grocery store. I don't think at this point avoiding getting CV is something we can realistically do in cities. Just got to get it and heal it off. Once you get over it you cannot re-catch the virus. I think the scare won't be going away until a large chunk of the population has caught and recovered from it, making the general population virus safe. this could go on for a year or longer. Definitively not something that can blow over in a month or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts